Top Gun with Power Glove:
*Landing sequence*
Oh, f*&#, I can't even do this with the regular controller
*tries*
*got it*
*OMG*
-----------
Oh look:
It's Moses's Mother CARRING Baby Moses CARRING a piece of cheese CARRING a guy CARRING a spear

---------------------------------------

He use to be NINTENDO Nerd, but changed to VIDEO GAME to avoid copyright issues
---------------------
And look ant Shake's house, it looks more like Barney's testicle!
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've already seen a lot of this guy's work.

good stuff.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can't believe how incredibly popular that guy has become. I remember seeing a video on Castlevania II (I think...) a couple years ago, and the next time I heard about him, he was one of the most famous names on the internet. xD
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
I can't believe how incredibly popular that guy has become. I remember seeing a video on Castlevania II (I think...) a couple years ago, and the next time I heard about him, he was one of the most famous names on the internet. xD

He is one of the Youtube Celebrities at Wikipedia :hilarious: 
And yes, it's Simon's Quest, and it sucks
EDIT:
I've just watched the Rambo review
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29877.html?type=flv (say you are 18 years old)
The end is THE BEST
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hahaha, it's been forever since I've seen him.

The whole title thing. lol
"I feel like I picked on a retard"
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ninja Bomber wrote:
And yes, it's Simon's Quest, and it sucks

Theres nothing wrong with the game really (I've owned it for about 15 years and beat it a few times), most everyones problems with it stem to two points.

A. They've never even played the game, but heard it suck and are quick to agree.
B. They lack patience/intelligence to play the game.

ANN obviously lacks either, but he also warped some of the facts to make it sound worse, as his his act. Day/Night doesn't pass in castles, where you will spend a majority of your time. Bow with the crystle is used prior to that at dead ends before, which are greatly hinted how and when to use them. Most of the complaints are valid though, but if people think this is a bad game they haven't played many games. I'd guess it is a number under a dozen.

Look into the death star and you will die.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
OK, :down: 
NEVER watch the The Wizard & SMB3 review, unless you have watched that movie, about devil inside people and spinnig green heads. It's scarry!
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:10 am  Reply with quote + 
That guy isn't funny at all. Standard gamefaqs-quality reviews laced with profanity =/= funny. Even Yahtzee manages to do better. Although, I remember seeing one of his reviews, I think it was for the virtual boy one, that was pretty good.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
A lot of the games he has reviewed aren't really all that bad. Like the turtles game for instance. It's all just for laughs anyway, poking fun at the faults or odd glitches in the games.

However some of those games are indeed quite terrible and the bashing is justified.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
I haven't really seen a lot of his videos, but... Has he done a review of E.T. or that Roger Rabbit game on the NES? xD Now THOSE games were bad! :wink: 
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
It's all just for laughs anyway, poking fun at the faults or odd glitches in the games.

It really is just for laughs, as is his character, which is fictional if you didn't know that.
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#13  Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
They lack patience/intelligence to play the game.

I don't think that even matters considering what we are talking about, and that is an NES game that:

A. has the number one problem most NES games with an emphasis on exploration feature: a huge lack of direction or real clue as to what to do (It's a wonder how metroid survived). This is even further worsened by
B. Directions being lies or truths. You don't know who you can trust or who's trying to dupe you into death's corridor.
C. The fact that the first game is what people expected the second game to be about, the entire system has been changed and no one had a clue as to what the heck to do, really throws people off, which can lead to frustration (I remember trying to play this for the first time and I was thinking "where's the boss for this stage? Why can't i kill these people walking around?")

Intelligence has no place here as every direction to take is a guessing game sort of. It's easy to deduce who is lying and who is telling the truth as the game screws with your mind most of the time. You try one of the directions, find it's a fib, try a ridiculous one, and it works. Until people actually figure this out, they will be trying all the ones that make sense and getting angry with it, so their patience will wear thin in hours on end.

Not trying to knock the game (haven't played it much since NES games never hold my attention for my than one play through in the first 7 mins.) but there's no real reasoning with the decisions made with the direction they took. It was nice for the evolution of the franchise, but they were being over ambitious with a few things. If anything, any game with exploration as it's main gimmick is flawed if in the NES era, because they never give you any sense of direction or correct route to take. I guess that could be considered fun for the time it was introduced, but this day in age it's laughable almost.

Last edited by neofcon on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 am
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, atleast it didn't have the issue present in nes metal gear, where there was 2 looping mazes and the things that told you how to solve them (which were completely necessary) were removed from the transition from msx to nes. Nonsensical or nonexistent important text is something I'm pretty used to from the NES era. Such issues were mostly solved by word of mouth and (for those who had it, and i didn't) nintendo power.

And I'll take old school action adventure games to their modern variants a majority of the time anyway, though in this genre like RPGs I prefer the SNES era.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#15  Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 am  Reply with quote + 
The Super Nintendo is probably the greatest videogame system ever made. Alot of my favorite games ever are for that system
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, this guy has a lot of stuff out there. I've been a subscriber of his on YouTube for a while and have not attempted to watch all of the videos yet, either on there or on the ScrewAttack website. Some of the reviews are fine and have humor to me, but sometimes he overdoes it a bit much for me in using fecal humor to pass as real humor. On a few he is just so over the top in his presentation that I can barely watch them. But, to each his own. He at least has made a name for himself and allowed gamers some laughs along the way, for free.

Not many people can say that with a straight face, and you can tell he does likes games. To me, he's like a thinner whinier version of what I imagine Chris Farley would have been like reviewing videogames. Maybe. Without the smashing through furniture and tearing your clothing off. Ever see any of Phil Hartman's videogame sports commercials? Man... I think the Nerd would be better with a larger word base so he doesn't crutch as much on any word in a review, but that'll either come or it won't. :)
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've heard about this guy, he's the one who did the reviews for all the Godzilla movies. For those who want to see those reviews, search up Godzillathon.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2085s
Index - Back to Top