[Replies: 132]  [Views: 48328]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Let's all discuss the strange sights and experiences we've had throughout the Bomberman series! This isn't that big but when I play '93, I walk but then stop while holding down the unused button and I continue walking on the spot. o_O

Another thing I noticed: The clown boss in Super Bomberman 2-8 is the scariest boss in recorded history.>_<
View user profile Send Private Message
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Clowns are always scary.
I can't remember anythink strange now.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fiddling about with the sound test on super-bomberman 5, there are a few talkie sound bytes, mostly "waaah!" and other japernise words, then it goes though all the evil bombers names, one of them sounds reasonably obscene, rude and absolutely hilarious due to the English that it sounds like

I won't say what it is, if your particularly bothered, you can journey into the games audio screen, it will be interesting to see if anyone else can pick it up without any help (I>E to see how obvious it is) :veryhappy: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pausing in Super Bomberman 1 only to see a points item appear (works just in certain levels and versions)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
What?! I've never heard of that before. You just keep pausing and one might appear?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, just once. It works regularly on my cart, but then I tried while playing on-line with a friend and it didn't. I don't know if it was because it was a different version or if it only works in if there's one player.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
So, the pause thing only appeared on your rom of the game, not a physical cart? I'd be interested to see if the rom had been altered in some way, trained really.

The weirdest thing for me, was a glitch in my physical cart for SNES Super Bomberman 2. When I time it just right or get a bomb-dropping disease I sometimes have a continuous stream of fire coming out from behind me. I have to run pretty well or it catches up and kills me. When I die, the game locks up and I have to rest. It has happened many times over the years and I bought the game brand new at Kaybee Toys when I lived up near Syracuse. I have not played the roms enough to see if it happens there too.

I did notice that when I do similar timing on Wii Bomberman Land, Xbox 360 Bomberman: Act Zero, and random other games it will also start a flaming tail of fire that follows me wherever I go, but I can sometimes get it to stop going. When I die on those games as a result of that fluke spray, it does not lock up. I need to record it sometime for YouTube. :xeyes: 
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 am  Reply with quote + 
No i's the other way around: the pause trick works on my cart, but I couldn't get it to work just the same when playing on ZBattle with a friend.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
No i's the other way around: the pause trick works on my cart, but I couldn't get it to work just the same when playing on ZBattle with a friend.

That is interesting. Makes me wonder if my cart's lockup glitch after that flaming tail thing is not in the rom even more now. :wink: 
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Rereading this thread makes me think of the ninja in import Saturn Bomberman: Fight!. I don't understand what he's saying but he seems to be speaking lewdly to the female characters at different points. It's probably just my imagination but I like to believe he is doing so. :laugh: 
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Never played the Saturn games.... in fact, I haven't played many Sega console games in general.

Now that I think about it, though, it's strange that we discussed the secret doorway in Bomberman 64 in a different topic than this.... though I can't remember if that was before or after this topic was made.... Too bad they take extra things out like that, though it's interesting to find leftovers.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Never played the Saturn games.... in fact, I haven't played many Sega console games in general.

Now that I think about it, though, it's strange that we discussed the secret doorway in Bomberman 64 in a different topic than this.... though I can't remember if that was before or after this topic was made.... Too bad they take extra things out like that, though it's interesting to find leftovers.

Yeah, Bomberman: Fight! had some interesting videos you could see after beating various stages on survival mode. The Princess character's video is more or less a slideshow of her at the beach in a bikini. I kid you not. I'll edit this if I find a large screenshot in my basement folder. I took screenshots years ago but have lost files since. The ones on the back of the fake Beer Fight case are actual photos from the game.
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:23 am  Reply with quote + 
hahaha Man I forgot what sort of fun import Saturn Bomberman: Fight was. I made videos of all the endings you get after winning either 2 or 3 victories with a character in battle mode. Some need 2 and some need 3. A victory is considered winning a set of 1, 3, or 5 matches. I'll post that on the board when the video is done. I want to add scans to introduce each character with their name, properly like with the nice artwork for them.

Until then, here are some screenshots of survival mode. I mixed up my prior post, thinking that was where the videos were. In survival you get backgrounds to show up. The full color one only came up like that after I died, so I might have to get to higher ones then die just to get a usable copy. That and record in higher resolution. It's DVD quality but coming in at a lower quality setting AND it's connected via composite video so it's not that great visually. I got to 39 wins on my second try, which is not too shabby after years without playing it outside playing battlemode with friends one time several months ago.

shown between wins 1 and 9

shown between wins 10 and 19

shown between wins 20 and 29

what is shown between 30 and 39, this time showing my final wins and the high scores. I got 5 wins my first go round.

larger version of the full empty foreground version of the last background I got to this time
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
heh, cute.

That's pretty cool, changing the picture for more wins. Gives you alittle incentive to try harder.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
heh, cute.

That's pretty cool, changing the picture for more wins. Gives you alittle incentive to try harder.

Agreed. I need to die on purpose at the other points like 9 victories, 19 victories, 29 victories, etc to snatch up the backgrounds. You can see some sneak peeks from the videos I mentioned recording at the Flickr set I started for my Sega Saturn screenshots below. I should get the video online Monday night at the latest hopefully, so you can hear the music I was talking about that accompanies some of the video endings.

The interesting thing I noticed both in the battle mode slideshow images used in the videos and the backgrounds above is that the Bombermen are all shown as tiny in relation to the two new female bombers in the game, Rewishia and Mami. Kuro and Shiro are tiny, Honey is tiny, Kotetsu is tiny, Baguro is fairly small, and Golemn Bomber is reduced in size though not as tiny. :) Kind of cool in a way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonbomber/sets/72157607733730098/
Board Admin

Post#16  Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
They look like plushies instead of the actual characters. Also, one of the characters has a Baguro costume on in the second picture, so....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't know the metallic guy was called Rajibon. Interesting.

Wonder who that Dentai person is.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I didn't know the metallic guy was called Rajibon. Interesting.

Wonder who that Dentai person is.

According to Alex's Bomberman SS Shrine's news page these are the names. I scanned the manual last night though so if they have other names in the youtube video of the battle victory videos I'll be uploading someone will likely tell me. If I don't notice the katakana not matching the names on the below url first.

http://wso.williams.edu/~aeatonsa/bomb/news.html

I also wonder if Dentai was just in that game or other Hudson games as well. I mean, the main end boss of this game is Dural, who is also a boss from a couple of the Virtua Fighter games and has a pretty crazy back story. I can only imagine what Dentai would have backstory wise besides his mortal enemy being Kotetsu. If anyone wants to translate the manual scan I can put it up on Flickr as well, or post the whole manual as a PDF somewhere.
Bombertrainee

Post#19  Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Atomic Bomberman had "Damn" stated.

I think in the haunted house, one of the blocks moved...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#20  Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is kind of related to the topic, and I don't really want to create a seperate topic for this, but....

I am sure someone here has mentioned this before, but I may be wrong. Anyway, if you enter some codes for custom Battle Mode characters in Super Bomberman 5, you can actually play as Subordinate Bomber (Pirate Bomber's bandana-wearing lackey). This causes some weird graphical glitches to occur whenever the character appears (in battle or even on the menu screen listing your custom characters), basically of random other characters' tiny "status" pic that appears by your score. I presume this is because the game doesn't know what image to pull up for Subordinate Bomber as they are this type of image and they do appear up near the top left corner of the screen during battle. Also, when you edit him, you get a godlike amount of points, meaning you can max him out completely and still keep a vast unnecessary surplus.

But here is where I start driving to the point. You will soon notice that his selection picture is simply another red X, and his mug shot is that of an ordinary Bomberman with whatever colors you selected - and it should be noted that you can set him to have his real colors. And of course he has no status pic as this causes graphical glitches to occur. But when you bring him into battle, there are a few things to note. Firstly, he has a winning animation. I do not believe that this ever occurs during Story Mode, though I could be wrong. Even so, there is something definately undisputable - he has his own custom Bomber Cart. Also, he has sprites for riding Louies and an idle animation.

So obviously Hudson was thinking about putting him in as a playable character. And why not? He's one of the villains of the game, and a boss. I can sort of understand if Hudson doesn't want to make the chief villains playable - like Bagular and Terrorin - but a perfectly fine lesser villain such as this should have been left in the Battle Mode. Instead, you get a Gold Bomberman as that secret character to fill in the last slot in the selection screen if you beat the game 100%. Why?

A few unrelated side notes - when stunned or trapped, Subordinate Bomber does the old stunned dance instead of the typical SB5 side-to-side movement, though some other characters do varying animations. Also, if you kill Pirate Bomber first in the boss battle, Subordinate Bomber seems to weep. I never noticed this before because he usually dies before Pirate Bomber whenever I face them.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 7 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1990s
Index - Back to Top