Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Tales of Symphonia... sequel?
[Replies: 12]  [Views: 3644]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, after browsing through the many internet sites (or was it 'internets'?) that exist in our world, I stumbled upon something that sounds as if it's confirmation a new entry based on the "Tales of Symphonia" game on the GameCube, as well as a slew of other "Tales"-related games.

Check it out:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/20/new-tales-coming-to-ps2-psp-wii-and-ds-in-japan/

Not sure if this is old news to any of you (which I'm sure it isn't), but I thought it was an interesting read, considering this was one of the few -and only- RPG's on the 'Cube that was worth playing through. Have yet to see the anime, however...
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:11 am  Reply with quote + 
I didn't hear anything about this Symphonia game for Wii..... If it's gimmicky I'll probly hate it like most of the other games I've played on that system. If its just another regular controlled Tales of game then, hell yeah! I'll be all over it if it reaches the states.

Also if you liked Tales of Symphonia, you should also try out Tales of the Abyss for PS2 if you haven't already. It plays almost exactly like Tales of Symphonia. The coolest part now is the camera zooms out for multiplayer battle mode so everyone can see what they are doing. It is 4 player but you need the multitap for ps2.

Anyway yeah, interesting find. This may give the Wii a little more potential for the future. The only games I have any interest in so far aren't even out yet. Brawl obviously, Fire Emblem, and possibly NiGHTS (if Sega doesn't *beep* it up!)
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I heard that there was going to be a Tales game for Wii, but I didn't think it was based on Symphonia. Still sounds cool though, maybe I can increase the size of my (un)impressive Wii games (only has three Wii games, all of which I haven't seriously played in a while). I really need to buy more Wii games... (in particular, Super Paper Mario and Wario Ware) :hilarious: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm really hoping that it isn't gimmicky, and that it doesn't have "tacked-on" Wii controls like so many other games on the console now. I've actually been meaning to play "Tales of the Abyss," but alas, no money. -_- As for NiGHTS, well, not really getting my hopes up, considering the same studio completely killed Sonic as a character and a franchise (and now they're draggin' Mario into it!).

SSJ, I definetely recommend Super Paper Mario. Even if you haven't even played the last two games, I'd recommend it. Haven't played WarioWare, but from what I've heard, it's a pretty fun game. Though I don't think I'd spend $50 on it...
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
considering the same studio completely killed Sonic as a character and a franchise (and now they're draggin' Mario into it!).

And yet I liked Sonic and the Secret Rings. Could be better, but as a dev team they proved that they can atleast produce a unique and interesting title. Nights may or may not be good, we shall see. As for them dragging mario into it, sonic team isn't involved with sonic/mario olympics... thats developed more by the same team that does the sega sports/espn games, which have been doing well as a franchise recently.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
SSJ, I definetely recommend Super Paper Mario. Even if you haven't even played the last two games, I'd recommend it.

Oh He's played the other two games all right. He's killed the other two games pretty much.

fireball87 wrote:
And yet I liked Sonic and the Secret Rings. Could be better, but as a dev team they proved that they can atleast produce a unique and interesting title. Nights may or may not be good, we shall see.

As far as I'm concerned the only series still going decent for Sonic Team is Phantasy Star with PSU. IMO every Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (which was mediocre) has been garbage. Sonic Riders is an exception, that was also mediocre. What else have they made in recent years? Billy Hatcher? pffft. That and some other mediocre obscure stuff...

Yeah though, I'm interested in NiGHTS but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have mixed opinions over Sonic and the Secret Rings. I don't find it a bad game, necessarily, but I don't find it all that fun, either. But still, I'd rather play that than the god-awful one I bought when I first bought my '360.

Well, I'm glad to hear Sonic Team themselves isn't working on Mario & Sonic (which is sad, really, considering they're the so-called "Gods of Sonic"), but I'm still gonna hold my breath on that one. I think the only game they've developed the past few years that I actually enjoyed was Puyo Pop Fever. Had some fun with that one.
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah! Puyo Puyo! I forgot about that. That was actually a pretty good game.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
SSJ, I definetely recommend Super Paper Mario. Even if you haven't even played the last two games, I'd recommend it.

Oh He's played the other two games all right. He's killed the other two games pretty much.

:hilarious:  I was laughing my arse off reading that because its so true.

Reggy wrote:
fireball87 wrote:
And yet I liked Sonic and the Secret Rings. Could be better, but as a dev team they proved that they can atleast produce a unique and interesting title. Nights may or may not be good, we shall see.

As far as I'm concerned the only series still going decent for Sonic Team is Phantasy Star with PSU. IMO every Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (which was mediocre) has been garbage. Sonic Riders is an exception, that was also mediocre. What else have they made in recent years? Billy Hatcher? pffft. That and some other mediocre obscure stuff...

Yeah though, I'm interested in NiGHTS but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Agreed, I don't have much expectations in a Sonic game ever since the mistake known as "Sonic Zeroes", or was it "Sonic Heroes"? Oh well, still disliked that game regradless. Hopefully, that upcoming Sonic RPG for DS is actullay fun and cool to play.

The new NiGHTS looks really awesome, I sure hope it don't suck. Otherwise, I think Sonic Team will break my heart even more then usual.

Oh, and I consider Yuji Naka to be the real "God of Sonic", since he created him and gave him life (and made the good games). It's almost unfortunate that he left Sonic Team to form Probe. Almost.

Puyo is great as well. :hilarious: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I thought "next-gen" Sonic was Naka's last game at Sonic Team... but I stopped following him after Sonic Adventure 2, so I've kinda been outta the loop lately (more like the last five years)... *misses Jet Grind Radio*
Bombertrainee

Post#11  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
This month's issue of Nintendo Power confirms that there is one! =D I bet you all know now though. >.< I think it looks really good and I am immensely impressed by the graphics. The whole monster concept seems to be taking Symphonia to a different place. What's got me confused is this mysterious conflict between Lloyd and Emil. O_O
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 am  Reply with quote + 
It's starting to sound interesting. Hopefully my bro's Nintendo Power subscription isn't over yet and I can check out the article. I might read up on it more online later this week.

I love the Tales of Series.

Tales of Symphonia was amazing. One of my favorite games ever played through it and beat it and did as much extra stuff as I could. I still like to pop it in once in a while and just kill things for fun. lol.

I also played through Tales of Legendia which was considerably different. I had high hopes for it but it disappointed me a lot. My hopes were too high in comparing it to Symphonia. Still a good game but not amazing like ToS was.

I'm also working on Tales of the Abyss and US Tales of Destiny II (Japan's Eternia). Progressing rather slowly but enjoying both games at leats as much maybe more then Legendia but not as much as Symphonia.

Haven't been able to top Symphonia yet so I'm looking forward to a sequel.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
It's starting to sound interesting. Hopefully my bro's Nintendo Power subscription isn't over yet and I can check out the article. I might read up on it more online later this week.

Unfortunately, it appears that Nintendo doesn't send me Nintendo Power anymore, haven't got one in a while. Not that I really mind, most of it is rather uninteresting to read anyway.

And yes, I'd love to try out a direct sequel to ToS, seeing as ToS was one of the best reasons to have a Gamecube.

Speaking of Abyss; Reggy; we need to play more of it daggnabbit!

Recent stuff I'm into:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2063s
Index - Back to Top