Bomberman Live on XBOX 360 Live Arcade
[Replies: 56]  [Views: 20405]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

Ven
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
We've all (or at least some of us) knew it was coming but here's an article on it with Hudson President John Greiner dropping a few lines :veryhappy: 

Article Link

"Best Mutliplayer Game Ever Created" - John Greiner

Yes, I know it's selective quoting but who cares lol :P
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
I bet just like the PC and PS2 BMan On-line (and unlike the DC one) it will not have a story mode :irritate: 
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
...Expect to see me playing nothing but that online as soon as it's released...
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I bet just like the PC and PS2 BMan On-line (and unlike the DC one) it will not have a story mode :irritate: 

Oh well, Bomberman has always been about battle mode, not story mode. They can always add upgrades to it at least.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Maybe for you, but certainly not for me and other people here. We like Battle AND Story mode, thank you :sigh: 
Ereadfan
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Gosh, here's one of the reasons I REALLY need a Xbox 360. I mean, if I had a 360 I would buy this game (when its out) in a instant. Too bad I only have a Wii (out of the next-gen systems) and simply can't afford a 360. It would be sweet if Hudson ported this game to the Wii when it gets that "original games" channel that Nintendo said is coming.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, Bomberman Land Wii IS coming, and since Bomberman Land DS has a battle mode that can be played on-line I would expect the same of it.
Ereadfan
Bombertrainee

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Thats not gonna happen, since Bomberman Land Wii is already out in Japan with no online play, so I doubt there going to add it in for the US release, if there even is a US release. I'd rather have a port of Live actually.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Ereadfan wrote:
Thats not gonna happen, since Bomberman Land Wii is already out in Japan with no online play

I see. Didn't know about that.
While it's not unknown of for a game to be improved when brought to other countries, I suppose the addition of online play is a bit too much to expect from Rising Star games (we Europeans at least are going to get the game bwahaha), but one can hope still.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, makes me wish i had a 360 instead of that wii I was hoping would be the next home brew console.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, I've been checking the Xbox Live Marketplace everyday for a while now, and still no sign of the game yet. I've heard it was supposed to be late June now, but I'm guessing it'll be moved to mid-July sometime...

:sad:  Getting restless...
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
So the game was released on July 18th. The same day I sat down with the Free version for about 30 minutes-1 hour. With the free version you're restricted to the Normal stage in both Normal and Paint Bomb mode. You're also restricted to local play so a friend & I played with 2 CPUs. Graphics are good (of course) and gameplay is smooth. I haven't gotten a chance to test all the things I wanted to test out (like what stuns you, ect). The normal stage only had P-bomb, Max Fire, Fire, Bomb up, and speed powerups so not much was could be tested. The worse part about the game has nothing to do with the game itself. It has to do with the damn 360 controller. I knew even beforehand that the D-pad on the controller sucked but good grief. You can use the joystick if you want but that doesn't help either (one reason why I disliked the DC version of Bomberman) slightly). Bomberman has always been a D-pad type game (or keyboard is fine)

I almost want to go out and by a 3rd party controller just for playing Bomberman Live. Sometimes you press down and you go right ect. I can see myself getting angry of stuff like that in online matches (especially ranked ones/tournaments). I'd like to understand the thought process of that D-pad design. Anyway, that's a whole nother discussion. When I try the full version of the game I'll give a more detailed analysis plus comparision to Bomberman Online PC.

Today I played it with a wired Mad Catz GamePad Pro controller today and it helped immensely. The D-Pad on there is light-years better than the regular 360 controller. No more turning right/left when pressing down, ect. Even the face buttons even felt better. I'll have to pick one of these GamePad Pro controllers up for myself
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm addicted to this game right now. Makes up for the fact that practically no one played Act Zero online (and who can blame them?) and that the Wi-Fi segment Bomberman Land Touch! was so shotty.

I'd have to agree with Ven with the controller aspect on the D-Pad. Though I don't really have a problem with the Control Stick, the D-Pad isn't really the best choice to use for this game. The Xbox 360's directional pad is very "loose," meaning that it will pick up other directions very easily (if you're trying to run down, you might end up running to the right), but that goes for just about any other game as well; try playing F.E.A.R. with that thing. -_-

A lot of people playing this online makes that alone worthwhile to try it out, considering I haven't once been waiting in a lobby for more than a minute. And if you're just playing offline, plenty of Costume Balls for you to collect, not to mention up to 7 other CPU's can battle it out with you.

There are three other game types: Standard Battle, Paint, and Zombie. Standard battle plays just like you'd expect it (^_^), where Paint requires you to "paint" the tiles on the area with the explosion of your bombs. Zombie is basically the same game as Paint, but you have infinite lives instead. Though most people online play only Standard battle, I have to say I'm quite a fan of Zombie matches.

Gotta say, though, this is a very satisfying Bomberman experience. I urge anyone who has a Xbox Live (Gold or Silver) account to go and at least download the demo. You won't regret, but in case you do... please don't beat me with a stick!
:veryhappy: 
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bought a Mad Catz GamePad today. :P

Just look at the D-pad difference.

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
There are three other game types: Standard Battle, Paint, and Zombie. Standard battle plays just like you'd expect it (^_^), where Paint requires you to "paint" the tiles on the area with the explosion of your bombs. Zombie is basically the same game as Paint, but you have infinite lives instead. Though most people online play only Standard battle, I have to say I'm quite a fan of Zombie matches.

The Paint/Zombie modes sound similar to the Reversi battle mode from Generation (at least, I think that's what that mode was called). If that's the case, sign me up, 'cause I loved that mode. :veryhappy: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#16  Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:

The Paint/Zombie modes sound similar to the Reversi battle mode from Generation (at least, I think that's what that mode was called). If that's the case, sign me up, 'cause I loved that mode. :veryhappy: 

It is exactly like that mode, but whether or not Hige Bandits appear to disperse items like in Generations remains to be said. *Doesnt own a X360, let alone this game*
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yup, Zombie Mode is exactly like Reversi Battle from "Generation." And unfortunately, the Hige Hige Bandits don't come in and mess everything up... but playing it eight players is always fun. ^_^

Now if only they added that 'raining bombs' battle...

Oh, and Protect the King. Definetely that one.
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Before they start adding new modes, they need to fix the rediculously glitches already in the game starting with punch and kick.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, they do. Isn't lame how you can pick your bomb after placing it down for a few seconds? Normally, I wouldn't have too much against this, but seeing how it still counts as explosion time when you throw, there are some really cheap shots. 0_0

Or maybe I just suck.
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
BTW, my gamertag is gh0stly pirate for those who want to play.

I usually play Bomber Run games (almost like a Normal Road in BMO).

My Bomber Run game consists of

Those items are the true test of skill.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1874s
Index - Back to Top