Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
You own Bomber Prog.
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1812]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 am  Reply with quote + 
To set the scene, some animation studio has give you a large wad of cash to create a new Bomberman program of which the concept and story-line you have just explained to them in a pitch presentation.

The question - Basted on your tastes and your favorite aspects of any of the bomberman universes, what would this new program be like? If any of you have the time and creativity you could even share an idea for a story-line that you may come up with.

As for my version, well, any of you that know my tastes in bomberman would probably assume that i would adapt something similar to Super Bomberman. Yes, you would be right :P .

I think in the way that Sonic X televised Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (altho i hate those versions, mainly due to the inclusion of Chris), the general outline of SB 2, 4 and 5 should be picked up (this being the characters and maybe there aspirations. the plot would obviously need to be expanded from 'Invasion', to something more complex. It works in games but thats because its all action, TV cant be haveing that

ill complete this post after i get back from work, i'm pressed for time at the moment

but what would you choose to do?

Last edited by Hammer Bomber on Mon May 14, 2007 9:02 am
View user profile Send Private Message
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, personally, I'd take to the Bomberman 64 universe(s). I always loved the more serious setting they took with those games, from gameplay to storyline.

I would try to wrap up the 'trilogy' they left unfinished (i.e. The Second Attack!), and have that "final duel" between Bomberman and Regulus we've all been waiting so anxiously for.

The gameplay would be contain a lot of puzzles, remniscent of the Bomberman 64's I & II, to keep the game interesting, rather than just entering a new room, blowing up everything in sight, and moving on to the next. Wouldn't be too fun after three hours, let alone 20+, dontcha think? :wink: 

As for the big baddies, I dunno, something like the Astral Knights would be pretty cool I think. Don't get me wrong, I love the Five Bad Bombers, but I personally don't think they would fit in this universe... and the final showdown would be, of course, an epic showdown between Bomberman and Regulus. Although the storyline would be pretty intense and full of twists, it would all come down to this.

Also, I think another co-op Adventure mode would be nice. Maybe Pommy would like to return? :oops: 

And, of course, online multiplayer (oh come on, you knew it was coming :veryhappy:  ). And not just standard Classic-Bomberman grid battles (although I love those dearly ^_^), but all the gameplay types that were present in The Second Attack!, including the full 3D bomb fights, as well as many different Arenas (having only eight would get pretty boring after a while, I would think). Because Protect the King will always be my personal fave. :wink: 

... Seemed to have rambled on for quite a bit...
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:37 am  Reply with quote + 
nice ideas for a game but i what i meant was a program, i guess i didn't make it appoint enough in the first post, no matter, iv edited it so that no other mistakes are made

anyhoo, back to where i left off, (in a completely unrelated point, that was my last day at that workplace, i'm now unemployed :P ) the majority of the action would take place on Planet Bomber, there is some planet hopping in SB3 and entire galaxy hopping in SP4 but that seems little daft so it wont happen, i do still like the theme of traveling into an alternate reality (i think thats what happens) in SB5, if it doesn't actually happen, it will in this :P .

The standard character names i think are a little crap, and unrealistic if there is a whole race of Bomber-People, there would therefore be quite a lot of White, Black, Red and so on Bomber-Peeps so Main characters names would be changed from White Bomber to an actual name.

Series Beginning

So the whole thing would start off with who was formally known as Shiro and Kuro at a Circus, and this episode would loosely follow there path to fame as very competent Bomber-men using the two Foes that looked like Fish from Super Bomberman 1. They would have something to do with the circus, a chip control in the animals or something with the intent to kidnap or kill someone in the audience (the Mayor or something, for a reason like beating them in the Mayoral elections by cheating. Anyhoo, the two bombers deal with the haywire animals, and chase what i will dub 'The Fishy Brothers' to there hideout and eventually get them. The current mayor is then stripped of his powers for cheating and a new one is elected, a friend of the bombers will win (he will show up early on, i also have a good mind to make it an Iteration of Dr. Ein altho not anything like the one in Jetterz because he was an idiot, more like the Competent one in Saturn Bomberman and Bomberman Story). Anyhoo, he will then become a source of advice for the bombers though-out the series. The Bombers are recognized as having potential, and in one episode, the relationships have been set up and the characters will have shown there personality traits to a basic level, these can then be expanded as the series was to go on.

The Goings On Of Super Bomberman 2 and maybe a Small extension into SB3

As far as i am aware, the only reason for the five bad bomber's original invasion was just to acquire power as i don't believe it was specified. Well thats no good so i think i would change that to a state where Bagular has sent them down in that massive ship that they have (witch looks really daft so that would need a re-design) to harvest Planet Bomber for a particular Ore that it is rich in for whatever 'ol Baggage wanted it for (that will be specified later on). Plasma is the team leader as he was in SB2 but due to Brain's position of being in charge on Bomberman Story, a nice twist might be to have an internal power struggle between them, maybe it could help towards there downfall, i dunno.

ill edit more in later, i have to revise now
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
To set the scene, some animation studio has give you a large wad of cash to create a new Bomberman program of which the concept and story-line you have just explained to them in a pitch presentation.

I'm going to throw the old Hollywood... and say since i have the money, i might as well just start beating my crappy story with a 10 foot pole to make it even crappier.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1528s
Index - Back to Top