[Replies: 31]  [Views: 14182]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:35 am  Reply with quote + 
And it's not cheap.

If I had the money, I would buy this in second. It doesn't appear to have the box or manual, but who cares. For those who don't know, the gold cartridge contained...What extras? I think it was some extra battle stages or something. Anyway, the Rom is available if you look, and I'm under the impression that this was available only in a contest by CoroCoro Magazine.

I'm guessing there's only one available on the site. If you're dediated enough - grab it now, I doubt you'll get the chance again!

And in other news...Is there a new Bomberman game scheduled for release on March 21st? This seems to say so.

EDIT : Okay, this is now te official thread for Bomberman Story DS.

Last edited by JET_ALONE on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:30 pm
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
And in other news...Is there a new Bomberman game scheduled for release on March 21st? This seems to say so.

Correctamundo. See the official page in Japanese. If you click on the lower-right planet, you'll get to see a trailer of the game.

I'm glad Hudson's making a return to adventure-based Bomberman games (even if they ARE bringing back the Charabom collecting aspect again...*grumblegrumble*). Though I want to know who the heck those other characters are (the trailer refers to them as the "Justice Rights", and apparently Bomberman is leading this group) and whether they're cooler than the Jetters or the Elemental Knights. :mad: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:33 am  Reply with quote + 
150 is steep for a game you intend to play but for a collector's item it's nothing, try finding a new copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, Kizuna Encounter, Waku Waku 7, the NES prototype of Final Fantasy IV or Pac-Man 2 for the Entex Select-a-Game and see what that will set you back.

I'd buy a it but 1) I've played it to death already on ZSNES, 2) I don't have an SNES and 3) I NEED MOAR CASH for the PS3.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Dangit, I can't ever get enough money to buy the normal Super Bomberman 5, let alone the rare gold version.

On a side note, I think we can all agree that the morbidly obese villain in that Bomberman trailer is by far the scariest thing in Bomberman history. :hilarious: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
*Sigh!* How many times will I need kill this rumor? The gold catridge doesn't have extra battle stages, it merely has all stages unlocked from the start (without needing to get a 200% clear game).
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh, so when you get 200% you don't unlock Terrorin? I always wondered what the big X in the character selection was for.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, that's for the Golden Bomber.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh Wow, Bomberman Story doesn't look half bad. Its somewhat caught my interest.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Since it's apparently okay to go off-topic and talk of the new Bomberman Story DS, am I the only one who would have rather got another classic action game like the one on the PSP? I mean, the origina Bomberman Story (and Jetters on GBA) was nice, but... not much more.

And for that matter am I the only one positively P.O.ed at new supporting characters being introduced for one, maybe two games to then disappear into oblivion?
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Since it's apparently okay to go off-topic and talk of the new Bomberman Story DS, am I the only one who would have rather got another classic action game like the one on the PSP? I mean, the origina Bomberman Story (and Jetters on GBA) was nice, but... not much more.

I, for one, am glad for Bomberman Story DS. I was really hoping for more after I played Bomberman Story for GBA, because I thought that was spectacular in terms of the whole line-up of Bomberman games. (Hello, character development for Max! Not exactly the best handling, but better than nothing. This is Bomberman we're talking, after all.) But all I got afterwards were Bomberman Max 2, Bomberman DS, and Bomberman Land Touch, all of which disappointed me vastly. I guess I just look for different things in a Bomberman game than you? I will admit that while the multiplayer for Bomberman Story was fun, I can't recall if there was anything outstanding about the gameplay itself.

Quote:
And for that matter am I the only one positively P.O.ed at new supporting characters being introduced for one, maybe two games to then disappear into oblivion?

YES. Here I must agree with you whole-heartedly. WTFHUDSON. If they're going to introduce more characters, get more chicks. Bomberman deserves pretty chicks too. :down: 

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Story did provide a measure of background for Max, but besides that it wasn't exactly awe inspiring in terms of story. Like why did the Bad Bombers return to Phantarion only now? Do they still work for Bagular? Or are they on their own now? (I won't even touch the Pretty Bomber allegiance issue)

And like you said, the gameplay is anything but memorable. It felt more like a chore I had to get through before continuing to read the story to me.
That's probably due to three things mainly: blocks only yielding power ups for charaboms, the difficulty setting being too easy, and the overworld being not arranged into a grid (making enemies annoying since they could all too easily escape flames).
Fortunately the new game will at least have round radius bombs, so that will help at least a bit.

Of course you have a point about all those other BMan games also being disappointing, but even with their problems (losing power ups for the first, being too easy for the latter... and crappy/missing stories) I still like BMan Max and BMan DS over Story.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Lol, someone should start a new topic for Bomberman Story DS...

Actually, this game looks pretty interesting. Considering the last real Bomberman Adventure/Platformer came out almost two or three years ago, it's nice to know Hudson isn't just trying to milk it with stupid party games and spin-offs (Finally played Act Zero, and all I can say is, WTF?!) that seem to be plaguing the franchise.

As far as story goes, well, I know I can't wish for anything as engaging and compelling as TSA!'s story, but I guess anything's better than nothing. Hopefully the Wi-Fi portion of this game will also connect with Touch! Bomberman Land... which it looks like it will. Now maybe if they translate and import the "Mighty" take on the Bomberman Story...
Board Admin

Post#13  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Hello, character development for Max!

And character rippofi....tacia....dness.... for the Five Bad Bombers. How the heck did they all switch orders, and why is Brain Bomber suddenly the leader AND having some sort of strange (but not that kind of strange) relation to Max? And the other thing that irks me is that for some reason, not only does Hudson Soft lack the ability to support recurring characters very well (except Jetters) with apparantly 3 different storylines weaving in and out of each other, but they also can't seem to remember what color the Five Bad Bombers are, as this is the third time in their third appearance that they've had color alterations!

But other than all that, yeah Bomberman Story was pretty good.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
And character rippofi....tacia....dness.... for the Five Bad Bombers. How the heck did they all switch orders, and why is Brain Bomber suddenly the leader AND having some sort of strange (but not that kind of strange) relation to Max? And the other thing that irks me is that for some reason, not only does Hudson Soft lack the ability to support recurring characters very well (except Jetters) with apparantly 3 different storylines weaving in and out of each other, but they also can't seem to remember what color the Five Bad Bombers are, as this is the third time in their third appearance that they've had color alterations!

Well, I never claimed Hudson was the King of Continuity. >_> I think all of us here are painfully aware of the major plot tangles that seem to be occurring with every Bomberman game that's been out. They did their best job with Jetters, but considering the disaster that was the GC/PS2 game...

In conclusion, the major consensus here seems to be: OMFG! NEW BOMBERMAN GAME! HUDSON LIVES! Or something like that.

To keep this mildly on-topic: I've never played any of the Super Bomberman games. Blasphemy, I know, but I swear I'll get around to it someday.

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Blasphemy! :hilarious: 
At least play Super Bomberman 2 - 4, since they're all connected in a trilogy. Next in importance to me would be 1, because it's the first time Shiro and Kuro work together (I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong), and then 5 is awesome with a huge Story Mode and an advanced Battle Mode.

Bomberman Story.... DS.... looks good, although it's kinda wierd that they're adding in even more "good" characters. In about 10 years, I'll probably be able to play it. :hilarious: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
1, because it's the first time Shiro and Kuro work together (I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong), and then 5 is awesome with a huge Story Mode and an advanced Battle Mode.

No correction, that's right. In fact it is the game's major plot point.

And 5 is the best Bomberman game that ever will be.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I need to make some money and buy Super Bomberman 5.... BUT NOT THE GOLD CARTRIDGE, only the hand of God could put that thing in my hands. :hilarious:  I'm surprised nobody's bought it by now.

Really, since the gold cartridge just has the unlocks unlocked already, I'd rather buy the normal one. I'd only try to get the gold one for a collector's item, you know, the whole "own every Bomberman game ever made" scheme. :hilarious: 
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Right then, let's talk about Bomberman Story DS! (Yes, I've changed the thread title and my username).

I haven't viewed the site yet, but I shall in due course. Anyway I'm obviously rather excited about this because, well, duh. It's a sequel to Bomberman Story. Okay, so it was some sort of lacking RPG with some trying Zelda elements with a plot that gave more questions than answers, but it was damn fun and I still haven't gotten around to buying it yet. I actually loved it.

But yes, I agree on the whole plotlines-that-don't-fit-together thing and I find it all very annoying. And now we have some new characters thrown in too? Oh well. We will just have to see if this will work out as well as the prequel. With Wi-Fi? Fantastic. Is there any sign of Max yet? I wouldn't know. Sorry.

And while we're on the subject of Jetters...OMG. I have't watched the entire anime yet but I thoughtit was simply stunning. One of the best and underrated anime I have ever seen and I want the DVD boxsets now. I mean, the plot and character development and a storyline that actually worked...And it's ended now? I just hope that one day Hudson can come up with something that surpasses it in its greatness.

Anyway, because I haven't seen the site still, can someone give me a list of noticeable new features present? Also, I think it'd be safe to assume that when localised it'll be called Bomberman Tournament DS.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:19 am  Reply with quote + 
JET_ALONE wrote:
I think it'd be safe to assume that when localised it'll be called Bomberman Tournament DS.

When it comes to localization no one and nothing is safe.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
JET_ALONE wrote:
I think it'd be safe to assume that when localised it'll be called Bomberman Tournament DS.

When it comes to localization no one and nothing is safe.

Everyone's out to get us. :down: 

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2102s
Index - Back to Top