BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman icons yei?
[Replies: 61]  [Views: 31109]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork
Users watching this topic: 1  
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
Heh, that reminds me of our discussion of the lack of female cast to pair Bomberman with besides Lilith, Zoniha and Zhael. :hilarious: 

You could also go with Bomberman/Millian if you like that hero/damsel-in-distress vibe.

Or Bomberman/Natia if you like furry stuff (and if you believe she's still alive at the end of the game).

Or Bomberman/Pretty Bomber, or Bomberman/Honey, or perhaps one-sided Bomberman/Artemis, Bomberman/Beauty Bomber, or Bomberman/Bomber Elite...

But yes, there is a distinct lack of pre-existing, fleshed-out female characters to pair Bomberman with if anyone cared to write a romance in the Bomberman fandom.

Meaning anything we wanted to write would have to be based on subtext...

And we all know what subtext is an anagram for...

*whistles innocently*

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Cutie Bomber never gets any love.

And personally, I believe bomber Elite to be male (albeit very bishounen-y), but I guess your new avatar represents Bomberman's view on the matter fairly accurately :wink: 

Anyway, as far as I know, the only cases of romance in the series were (one sided-ly) Bomberman/Pretty Bomber (see Bomberman GB2) and Bomberman/Lilith which you know all too well.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Anyway, as far as I know, the only cases of romance in the series were (one sided-ly) Bomberman/Pretty Bomber (see Bomberman GB2) and Bomberman/Lilith which you know all too well.

Even though I ship Rukifellth/Lilith liek whoa now, I'm still very disappointed that they never followed up on Bomberman's crush on Lilith. When I first saw that in the game, I was like "HOMG! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?!"

And where was Cutie Bomber from?

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#24  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
And personally, I believe bomber Elite to be male (albeit very bishounen-y), but I guess your new avatar represents Bomberman's view on the matter fairly accurately :wink: 

I've never thought about it that way. That's a rather interesting concept to play around with. And I have no clue what his/her original voice was in the Japanese game. Although I'd like to believe that Bomber Elite is a female just because there is a lack of females in Bomberman games in general. I wonder if there are any screenshots of her/him...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
The two reasons I think Elite is male are: 1) lack of boobs. Beauty Bomber has those. Heck you can even spot them on Pretty and Lady, and their clothes aren't so tight.
2) Personally I think the Crush Bombers are the Bomber Kings (villains from SBMan4) rebuilt, likely with their memory wiped (which would make Elite a resurrected Ghost Bomber).

Cutie Bomber assisted you in Bomberman GB3. Handled the motos garage. I translated the game so that's why I often bring it up :laugh: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
I doubt the Crush Bombers are the Four Bomber Kings and Great Bomber, they would make it blatantly obvious in the beginning of the game that they have been resurrected and "enhanced", as Hudson always does. However -- and I've seen pictures of the first three -- however, it's very possible that Hudson Soft used the designs of the Four Bomber Kings and Great Bomber and created new characters with them, probably from the thinking that those characters were older and new players wouldn't recognize them.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
However -- and I've seen pictures of the first three -- however, it's very possible that Hudson Soft used the designs of the Four Bomber Kings and Great Bomber and created new characters with them, probably from the thinking that those characters were older and new players wouldn't recognize them.

If that's what Hudson was thinking, it worked on me.

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
they would make it blatantly obvious in the beginning of the game that they have been resurrected and "enhanced", as Hudson always does.

Why should they do always the same things? :wink: 
But yeah, they are not exactly famous for not recycling ideas or stuff, so...

Dark Zaphe wrote:
However -- and I've seen pictures of the first three -- however, it's very possible that Hudson Soft used the designs of the Four Bomber Kings and Great Bomber and created new characters with them, probably from the thinking that those characters were older and new players wouldn't recognize them.

...yes, this does in in fact seem entirely likely.
Maybe, if we want to transfer this same "connection" within the storyline (and we agree villainous Bombermen like those are made, not born), it could be speculated they are based on the same blueprints.

Anyway if Hudson based Elite on our ghostly friend, you'd assume the character's gender would be based on that too.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
More Bomberman ikkons FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Pah. Text styles are not Sora's forte. Oh, well, I'm too lazy to fix it.

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd like to see a picture of this "Elite."

Also, I don't think that all evil Bombermen are "made".... Pretty Bomber (and the rest of the FBB, presumably) is a more or less "cyborg," you can see that she has a human-like head underneath that helmet. However, sometimes you'd be a total idiot to say that certain villains weren't made, such as the evil Bombermen from Super Bomberman 1.... :hilarious: 

EDIT: However, we're getting kind of off-topic, perhaps we should take this to another thread if we wish to continue.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#31  Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I don't think that all evil Bombermen are "made".... Pretty Bomber (and the rest of the FBB, presumably) is a more or less "cyborg," you can see that she has a human-like head underneath that helmet. However, sometimes you'd be a total idiot to say that certain villains weren't made, such as the evil Bombermen from Super Bomberman 1.... :hilarious: 

Or Atomic Bomber from Neo Bomberman. Furthermore, it's really though to tell for sure about the FBB: Terminator looks human but he's entirely artificial (and, because he does have organic parts, actually calls himself a cyborg)

But yeah, we're getting off topic here.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
More Bomberman ikkons FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Pah. Text styles are not Sora's forte. Oh, well, I'm too lazy to fix it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.... I love those first and last pictures! :hilarious: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#33  Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I concur, especially on the first one.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey-o! It's been a while! I come bearing a small but hopefully amusing set of new ikkons.

The second and third ones are essentially the same ikkon, but the second one is animated with two additional frames. I gotta start doing ikkons of screenshots from the anime, d00dz.

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#35  Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:43 am  Reply with quote + 
The animation was really funny :happy: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome back, BombermanBoard! ^_^

I come with a few more icons (that probably no one else will care about but me)!

...yeah, the Bomberman/Zhael one was totally random.

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#37  Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Considering that Zoniha was killed by Regulus/Bulzeeb who was not brainwashed at all, is that sorta pairing really likely? :wink: 

...or am I misunderstanding your comment about BMan and Zhael and you don't actually mean anything by putting them in the same pic?
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Considering that Zoniha was killed by Regulus/Bulzeeb who was not brainwashed at all, is that sorta pairing really likely? :wink: 

...or am I misunderstanding your comment about BMan and Zhael and you don't actually mean anything by putting them in the same pic?

Well, Zoniha came back in the end if you get the good ending (LOL SPOILER), but I have my own theories on how the pairing could work, not that you need to hear it.

>_> No comment on the Bomberman/Zhael icon. 8D

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#39  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Zoniha came back in the end if you get the good ending

Of course she did. What I meant is that if I were in her situation I'd be most likely to Light Blast Regulus into oblivion should he do so much as show up in my presence (and interestingly, in the ending he waits his turn after the two femme fatales have departed to come talk to BMan and Lilith).
Granted, Regulus seems to have more than enough power to take on Zoniha and win without breaking a sweat (though you could say she was tired from fighting BMan... maybe?) so perhaps the best course of action would be run like hell.

Okay then: I'll comment on the Bomberman Zhael icon!
Zhael looks so happy! But look at Bman he seems like he's shouting "What the heck? This is NOT funny!" ...guess Zhael just glomped him and Ruks had his camera ready. Now he can blackmail the hero and get away with ANYTHING! :hilarious: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#40  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Zoniha came back in the end if you get the good ending

Of course she did. What I meant is that if I were in her situation I'd be most likely to Light Blast Regulus into oblivion should he do so much as show up in my presence (and interestingly, in the ending he waits his turn after the two femme fatales have departed to come talk to BMan and Lilith).

LOLZ. I didn't even think about that. Now I want to see Zoniha beat the crap out of Regulus. That would be lolarious. Thanks for the evil idea!

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2702s
Index - Back to Top