Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberfan5656 wrote:
Huh, guess Konami isn't as scummy as I thought they were. Still think they need to get their act together though.

Also, that artwork at the top is pretty old-school. I think it comes from one of the older entries in the franchise (probably one of the PCE games), but I'm not sure.

legato wrote:
That sticker art is from the famicom manual. Its really old school.

Yeah. Definitely seems old school. I don't plan on opening it. Just keeping it in the plastic. :veryhappy: 
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
What a horrible bomberman game.

Positives:
+ Graphics
+ Sound
+ 64 player Battle Royal mode
+ Cross-play

Negatives:
- Players walking through bombs even when they are trapped inside because of lag, this is a no-go in bomberman games
- Character movement and explosion timer of bombs are not synced properly, therefore eliminating competitive aspect of bomberman games
- No clan system
- No seasonal league ranking system
- No tournaments
- No chat to communicate with the community
- No options to disable kick, throw and the other special abilities
- Normal modes locked behind a paywall in 2021, bomberman games need to be F2P or failure
- Characters with special abilities should not be in a bomberman game, especially not when you need to buy them
- All characters should have the same potential when it comes to speed, bombs and blast distance

I have probably forgot some more negative points.
Konami needs a smart person that fully understands competitive Bomberman. Sadly.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omega wrote:

Positives:
+ Graphics
+ Sound
+ Cross-play

Negatives:
- Players walking through bombs even when they are trapped inside because of lag, this is a no-go in bomberman games
- Character movement and explosion timer of bombs are not synced properly, therefore eliminating competitive aspect of bomberman games
- No clan system
- No tournaments
- Normal modes locked behind a paywall in 2021, bomberman games need to be F2P or failure
- Characters with special abilities should not be in a bomberman game, especially not when you need to buy them
- All characters should have the same potential when it comes to speed, bombs and blast distance

Konami needs a smart person that fully understands competitive Bomberman. Sadly.

Horrible game? Is it the best Bomberman game? No, horrible? Hardly..
The lag in this game is pretty minimal depending where you're playing. It's only when I find I'm playing international from Japan or other far distance that I find it comes into play. Let's not pretend that Online Bomberman PC didn't have lag either, but it's no way game breaking in this game for most of the matches I play in.

See previous paragraph about bomb explosions when it comes to lag. Clan system? Some of the best Bomberman games didn't have a clan tag system. There is no voice chat but considering the toxicity of the voice chat games (see Call of Duty) then I doubt it's missing out on much.

You can disable items in your a private match. Only the host of the private room needs to have the $10 game upgrade to be able to enter private rooms. That being said, you can't expect everything to be free in the game. Plenty of free cellphone app games out there. Most of the characters are unlocked already and the ones purchased via coins don't really give you and advantage over the standard players already in the game. Not to mention getting coins in the game is pretty easily by leveling up.

They definitely should have a level where everyone starts with the same speed, like Bombing Run in Bomberman Live/Ultra or the Speed level in Bomberman Online PC. Or the Power Level that was available in SBR. Having characters with different abilities makes it interesting, otherwise they'd just be costume changes which would be boring. They've also rebalanced some of the characters since release.
Edit: 12/9/21: They've since added Speed Zone and Power Zone which is great!
Definitely not the best Bomberman game, which that title still belongs to Bomberman Online PC. I'd put it slightly above Bomberman Live/Ultra due to cross play- 64 player format, character choice, ect.

Last edited by Ven on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:21 pm
james
Bomberbie

Post#24  Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 am  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
That sticker art is from the famicom manual. Its really old school.

Love the art (old school myself)
james
Bomberbie

Post#25  Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
Omega wrote:

Positives:
+ Graphics
+ Sound
+ Cross-play

Negatives:
- No clan system
- No tournaments

Horrible game? Is it the best Bomberman game? No, horrible? Hardly..
The lag in this game is pretty minimal depending where you're playing. It's only when I find I'm playing international from Japan or other far distance that I find it comes into play. Let's not pretend that Online Bomberman PC didn't have lag either, but it's no way game breaking in this game for most of the matches I play in.

See previous paragraph about bomb explosions when it comes to lag. Clan system? Some of the best Bomberman games didn't have a clan tag system. There is no voice chat but considering the toxicity of the voice chat games (see Call of Duty) then I doubt it's missing out on much.

You can disable items in your a private match. Only the host of the private room needs to have the $10 game upgrade to be able to enter private rooms. That being said, you can't expect everything to be free in the game. Plenty of free cellphone app games out there. Most of the characters are unlocked already and the ones purchased via coins don't really give you and advantage over the standard players already in the game. Not to mention getting coins in the game is pretty easily by leveling up.

They definitely should have a level where everyone starts with the same speed, like Bombing Run in Bomberman Live/Ultra or the Speed level in Bomberman Online PC. Or the Power Level that was available in SBR. Having characters with different abilities makes it interesting, otherwise they'd just be costume changes which would be boring. They've also rebalanced some of the characters since release.

Definitely not the best Bomberman game, which that title still belongs to Bomberman Online PC. I'd put it slightly above Bomberman Live/Ultra due to cross play- 64 player format, character choice, ect.

I agree. Personally, I love Super Bomberman R Online. Each to their own. For those that pay attention to the game, the bots are weak. Whether in 64 or standard, if I look at the movement / behaviour of the last guy with me, can tell right away if its a bot or not. I understand bots are often necessary to keep the numbers flowing in the game, but they're so weak that I simply stay still in the centre, because the bot will always get hit by the falling blocks. Stronger bots would be nice, from a competitive point of view (a small criticism)

Last edited by james on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:46 pm
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
james wrote:
I agree. Personally, I love Super Bomberman R Online. Each to their own. For those that pay attention to the game, the bots are weak. Whether in 64 or standard, if I look at the movement / behaviour of the last guy with me, can tell right away if its a bot or not. I understand bots are often necessary to keep the numbers flowing in the game, but their so weak that I simply stay still in the centre, because the bot will always get hit by the falling blocks. Stronger bots would be nice, from a competitive point of view (a small criticism)

I too can tell when bots are in the game. It's annoying when there are 4 rooms left in Battle 64 and you've killed off all the humans. This is why games like this need open lobbies.

I like how they added Speed Zone and Power Zone though. Everyone starting with equal speed is definitely a plus and a true test of skill.
Bomberfan5656
Bombertrainee

Post#27  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Konami has announced that Super Bomberman R Online will shutdown on December 1st, with sales for Bomber Coins and Premium Packs ending today:

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/online/eu/en/news/

The website says that they are moving the franchise forward with new projects, and hope to inform us of one soon.
legato
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's funny how we show up here to post the news as it happens.

"Konami makes game."
"Konami ends game."

This board will serve as a weird chronicle of the fandom.

Shame it had to end after such a short time though. Hopefully they learned enough to work out any kinks for future online.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#29  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
They'll be adding it to SRB 2. So essentially it's just transitioning.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1901s
Index - Back to Top