Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman Editor??
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 2169]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

mitja
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have been searching and I haven't found any bomberman editors at all which is dissapointing all I found were some non-english videos like this which show editing of bomberman (1983).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnLTDroilw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRg_3Yyw1FU

So if anyone knows about any bomberman editor please tell me and I mean Story mode editor so no Atomic Bomberman.

But if anybody is interested in battle mode editor:

http://adamlenart.com/projects.php?project=bomberman

Too bad it isn't original.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Those first two videos are not editors for NES Bomberman. That person was creating their own Bomberman game and showing the development process (the videos are titled with "Fase Desarrollo" meaning "development phase").

If you're looking for a way to hack Bomberman ROM's, I think you'll be waiting forever. ROM hackers don't really touch Bomberman games all that much except to translate them here and there. Those who have the skills needed to create those kinds of tools don't seem to have interest in Bomberman, and there's no great demand for this sort of thing so nobody has bothered to try.

People have made a lot of hacks of NES Bomberman if you'd like to try them here. But the original Bomberman literally just has the same map layout in every level; there's no way to really change that without greatly overhauling the game, so most of these are just graphical hacks or harder variations.

I vaguely remember Hyper Bomberman but I don't remember if it's good.
mitja
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Those first two videos are not editors for NES Bomberman. That person was creating their own Bomberman game and showing the development process (the videos are titled with "Fase Desarrollo" meaning "development phase").

If you're looking for a way to hack Bomberman ROM's, I think you'll be waiting forever. ROM hackers don't really touch Bomberman games all that much except to translate them here and there. Those who have the skills needed to create those kinds of tools don't seem to have interest in Bomberman, and there's no great demand for this sort of thing so nobody has bothered to try.

People have made a lot of hacks of NES Bomberman if you'd like to try them here. But the original Bomberman literally just has the same map layout in every level; there's no way to really change that without greatly overhauling the game, so most of these are just graphical hacks or harder variations.

I vaguely remember Hyper Bomberman but I don't remember if it's good.

Why is that?? I would like to hack bomberman so I could put random enemies. Do you know any of hacking forum we need to request this thing. I don't know about a link that you gave me if the game has 50 levels with same design that is not really fun.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 am  Reply with quote + 
mitja wrote:
if the game has 50 levels with same design that is not really fun.

That's literally Bomberman for the NES, though. Every stage has the same basic structure. The only difference is that soft blocks and the exit are randomized, there is an item (and sometimes a bonus condition) placed in a random position unique to each stage, and each stage has a specific enemy set. So hacking Bomberman NES would basically amount to changing those things, the graphics and the audio - there's no real way to make unique map layouts is what I was trying to say.

You could go to the Romhacking forum and ask there if you want someone to try to hack a specific Bomberman game, but I honestly doubt anybody will take you up on your offer. That's a lot of work with no payoff. Imagine a Venn diagram - one circle is people who like Bomberman, and the other circle is people who have the time and skills to hack ROM's. Both of those circles are rather small. The overlap is even smaller.

The alternative is that you could try to learn to do it yourself, but bear in mind that it could take a long time, especially if you have no experience in computer science.
mitja
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
mitja wrote:
if the game has 50 levels with same design that is not really fun.

That's literally Bomberman for the NES, though. Every stage has the same basic structure. The only difference is that soft blocks and the exit are randomized, there is an item (and sometimes a bonus condition) placed in a random position unique to each stage, and each stage has a specific enemy set. So hacking Bomberman NES would basically amount to changing those things, the graphics and the audio - there's no real way to make unique map layouts is what I was trying to say.

You could go to the Romhacking forum and ask there if you want someone to try to hack a specific Bomberman game, but I honestly doubt anybody will take you up on your offer. That's a lot of work with no payoff. Imagine a Venn diagram - one circle is people who like Bomberman, and the other circle is people who have the time and skills to hack ROM's. Both of those circles are rather small. The overlap is even smaller.

The alternative is that you could try to learn to do it yourself, but bear in mind that it could take a long time, especially if you have no experience in computer science.

I don't understand hackers I seriously don't and bomberman doesn't look the type of game that would be hard to create a level editor for I mean mario got his level editor and even all freaking snes games donkey kong country games those games look far more complicated than bomberman.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1529s
Index - Back to Top