BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
Jei
Bomberman

Post#563  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replying.
Someone64 wrote:
Not sure if this is an oversight or a feature but you can carry bombs while stepping on a trampoline to avoid activating the trampoline.

Thought of a few stage ideas.

Spoiler:
Enemy Pinatas: Softblocks give nothing but a bunch of multiple hit taking pre placed enemies are roaming around the stage and are the only source of power ups. They release some every time they get bombed until they are hit 3-5 times causing them to release a relatively large amount of power ups.

Boss Pinata: A bothersome multistaged (based on ratio of health left) boss is wreaking havok and killing players but it's the only source of power ups. Hitting it releases 3 power ups at a time and gives it 3 second temporary invulnerability. Gets extremely fast and dangerous at sudden death doing attacks that are almost unavoidable unless you're fast and smart enough. Health should scale based on player number and sudden death time so it should be possible to kill the boss slightly before or at sudden death, causing an insane torrent of power ups to rain from the sky from being launched by the boss's violent explosion.

Rotating Mini Tunnels: Some hardblocks in the stage are 1 tile tunnels that are open on either side. Bombing them causes them to rotate 90 degrees. Blowing it up from the inside doesn't do anything aside from concealing your placed bomb (as in the tunnels won't rotate and the explosion can actually come out of the tunnel). Variants can have different placements of these tunnels (some replace existing hardblocks randomly. Some are put in the way of the grid which can make some areas impassable from certain directions unless the tunnel is rotated. Some have very long rotating pipes that raise before rotating then slam down when finished, killing anyone unfortunate enough to be under and giving anyone inside a fun ride.)

Annoying Bots: There are robot enemies roaming around the stage that don't deal any contact damage but like to throw, punch, and push bombs and players around and probably to their deaths. Players can not push them around or stop them from moving as the robot's movement will take precedence and push them around instead. If a player gets pushed into a wall from this happening he will die.

Sokoban: Softblocks are indestructible and are less common but can be pushed around freely. The stage is not surrounded by walls and the softblocks can be pushed off the stage, causing them to reappear from above and come smashing into the ground, breaking them and releasing any power ups that may have been inside. Some variants have holes that the boxes can be pushed into for rewards (and doing this also bridges these gaps). Others can have more common pushable softblocks that are also destroyable.

Boulder Traps: Pushing buttons causes boulders to fly in from the side of the screen which cause people to lose power ups and temporary slows them down from flattening them. Anyone 2 tiles beside the side where the boulders are coming from won't get hit as it will just fly over them. If the boulder so happens to get bombed it has a chance to yield some power ups.

Power up ideas
Spoiler:
Bomb Reset and Bomb Up Reset: reverts bomb type back to normal but keeps bomb fire power. Comes in bomb up variety, too.

Hot potato bomb: One use power up that flies out of you when you put a bomb down after taking it. Doesn't count toward your max bomb count and ignores any power ups you have that affect bombs. The hot potato gets more and more powerful as it's kicked around. By the third kick it becomes a small dangerous bomb. By the 5th kick becomes a VERY big dangerous bomb and blows up after the normal bomb timer. Before the 5th kick (punches, juggles, and throws are counted towards increasing the count) it can only blow up from chain reaction.

These are some interesting ideas, especially the hot potato bomb. Thanks for posting these, I'll look into implementing at least some of them.
Negi wrote:
For the TSA-style items skin who posted before
Since the finished take the edge of the item image You have put the URL of the file :wink: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1y8LsTPha39UDFQWmtwTlhESms

Thank you for your contribution, I like the colored borders indicating the kind of powerup. I'll see what I can do with them.
Bombergoomba wrote:
Try to draw some new ideas of items such previously '' NES Bomberman '' format.
I had never known existed another jetters Bomberman game for GBA, or that there was an object that makes you invisible to all other players for 20 seconds, that's amazing, that you think about that.

https://youtu.be/gG1HHSDaSg4?t=9s.

Sorry for inconvenience and my translation for use google translator Thanks for reading my comment.

This would only really work in online multiplayer with one player per machine. I'll consider it if it's possible, but it's unlikely.
Lx Xzit wrote:
Hello!
I found this game like a week ago and I've been playing it a lot. It's pretty cool!

I wanted to try the Online Mode, then a dude downloaded the game too to play with me, we tried to play but we failed. We are sure we did all steps correctly, we gave all the permissions needed for Netplay functions, we made exceptions for Anti-viruses also we have installed the same version of the game (the last one of couse). When we tried to play, two strange errors happened:

1.) When I make a host and my friend join, we both can see the room before to play, we can change our avatars, choose the stage, etc. Everything seems works fine. Then we claim as a ready and start the game, I can play normally but my friend can't! He says there's a message saying "Waiting for other players", I can see the room and even I can see his movements, but my friend can't see anything more than that message. I tried to play with 3 different persons but the result is always the same.

2.) When I try to join in a host, I can't see anything! When I join, I get into an empty room where no players are there, and after some seconds I get expulsed with the message "Conection was lost", This also happened with three different persons (I'm sure I didn't make anything wrong, I did all steps correctly. I made a little experiment inserting a random IP, then I noticed will happen the same thing that happened with my friends, but the difference is that I will be expulsed of the room faster).

I've seen videos of Online mode at YouTube and it seems perfectly functional. But whatever we do we can't play together. I'm not sure if I'm the only person having this trouble, or if this it's a bug of the game itself. Whatever it is, can someone please help me? or can this error please be investigated? Thanks in advice.

BTW, keep the magnific work on this! I love bomberman games and this one is definitely the most fun I've ever played. :)

Right now the recommended solution to get the game running online is to either forward ports on every machine that's supposed to be used (not only the host) or use some kind of tunneling software (like Hamachi or, IIRC, Evolve).
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2018s
Index - Back to Top