FamiTracker
[Replies: 16]  [Views: 4268]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Soo its been awhile since I've made a music track.

What I've been doing lately is messing with a program called FamiTracker. If the name wasn't a big enough indicator it is a music synthesizing program designed around the original NES. Or in layman's terms, it can make actual NES chipset music.

It's genuine NES music too, none of that cheap GSXCC garbage you often find on YouTube masquerading as legit 8bit music.

Anyway, I've been busy the past few days making Nes covers of several of my favorite Bman music. Once I've got something to show, I'll post it here as a MP3 and as a Nes sound file for those who like to use Winamp.

Cheers!

Current Tracks:
Bomberman '93 - Area C - "Planet Inferno" Version 1.0

Bomberman '93 - Area C - "Planet Inferno" Version 2.0 -- Changed a few things with this, should sound even better, in my opinion.

Bomberman '94 - Area 1 "Jammin Jungle"

Bomberman '93 - Area G - "Planet Techno"

Bomberman '94 - Area 5 - "Thrashin' Thundra"

Bomberman '94 - Password

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:32 am
View user profile Send Private Message
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Jetters theme song maybe? :blush: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can't promise anything, but if there is enough interest in a particular song, I can try to make a cover for it.

An example of what I've been able to make with this program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltTv6wmS8o
legato
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I tried getting into Famitracker a few years ago because I wanted to write a song for my youtube show. I wrote a very small piece but ultimately I found it very difficult. The skills involved with music and art is way over my head and I just don't comprehend it well.

Your track sounds good Blue! It'd be neat to see some Bomberman-centric tracks but I'm willing to listen to whatever you put out. :peace: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#5  Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Alright, I've manage to complete two since my last post. I'm still an amateur at composing music, but bear with me. :happy: 

No YouTube link this time. But you can get the MP3s from my Google Drive. Both tunes were made in the FamiCom Disk System format (which has an extra music channel).

Bomberman '93 - Area 3

Bomberman '94 - Area 1 "Jammin Jungle"

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:21 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:23 am  Reply with quote + 
This is pretty good work! :happy: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oops, I made an error when recording, a track from another file got mixed in the beginning, both files have been affected.

The files have been fixed and re-uploaded. Sorry about that!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Hah, I thought it was just a weird "signature" of some sort, like a watermark or something. The intros sound really good, now that I can hear them.

...I might have to check this FamiTracker thing out myself sometime. This is quality instrumentation.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman '93 - Area C - "Planet Inferno" V2.0

Bomberman '93 - Area G - "Planet Techno"

Bomberman '94 - Area 5 - "Thrashin' Thundra"

Bomberman '94 - Password

Been working on this for a while, it's not perfect, but its complete and ready for listening.

I'll get around to hosting the Famitracker file with it later on if there's anyone interested in it.

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:45 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Planet Techno:

Very nice! You took some liberties with the... I guess you'd call it the bridge? The last part of the loop, I mean. It's really interesting and I actually like it a lot.

(I covered this song last year for a project but didn't really do anything unique with it other than adding a repeating two-note underlay from Panic Bomber.)

Anyway, I'm glad you're stlil doing these! :veryhappy: 

(I would comment on Thrashin' Thundra but the link just goes to the other song. :oops:  )
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#11  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to do the Arpeggio / trio notes right for the last part so I just used the more prominent beats to substitute them until I can figure out a proper solution. I may have to redo the entire track to allow for more beats per measure, which would let me get in those Arpeggio notes.

Also thanks for pointing out that the second song was using the same link. That's been fixed. And I've added additional songs to the post, as I just remembered I finished them a while back. As well as made an update to "Bman 93 - Area C - "Planet Inferno" "

Give them a look too, if you don't mind. C:
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, the new Planet Inferno track is a huge improvement!

Thrashin' Tundra is pretty good. I think maybe the beepy instrument should be lowered in volume some, but that's just my opinion.

The password theme is great! There's a quality about the overall sound of it that I can't describe very well, but it gives the song almost a radio-like effect that is really pleasing for some reason. Also, I love how effectively you capture those twangy koto-esque sounds. :veryhappy: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#13  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for commenting on this. I always appreciate feedback on my works. I'm glad you loved the new Planet Inferno, it has always been a favorite and I wanted to be faithful to the original.

Unfortunately, because the beeps from Thrashin' Tundra are on the Triangle channel, I cannot adjust its volume due to the NES's hardware limitations. It may be just that I might have to remove those notes from that channel entirely. I'll look it over. I could try to add in its place some of the other beats from the source BGM if I did.

And by the koto you are referring to like the instrument I use for the bass right at the beginning of Thrashin' Tundra? If so that's the result of me utilizing the FDS's extra music channel. It took me a while to figure it out and after some experimentation I came up with that. Maybe one day I'll share it on the Famitracker site. lol

After reading the radio comment, I just noticed that I had the sample rate set at 22k hertz (which is around radio quality). It sounds much clearer now that I've set it to 44k (which is around CD quality)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Re: Triangle: Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that. That's understandable.

Re: Koto: Actually, I meant the lead instrument in the password theme, but the instrument you're referring to is quite nice too!

Re: Radio: Hah, well, that makes sense then. Although, I kind of liked the effect... But it sounds good now that it's crisper, too.
Koletrain904
Bomberbie

Post#15  Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#16  Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I've made an update to Thrashin' Tundra removing the beeps entirely. As I'm in the middle of doing art commissions I can't update the source link just yet so I've uploaded to one of my artsites for the time being.

You can listen to it here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20185797/

Rayman904 wrote:

I can try, I probably won't be able to start on this right away, as I'm busy with commissions and I might be busy helping the family starting next week, but I am free afterwards. No promises.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmmm... I like this a lot better without the beeps!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2045s
Index - Back to Top