Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#41  Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Hmm, ok. Well, what I noticed was that, in certain areas of the text, if I added or subtracted characters from certain sections, then certain later sections would display less or more text correctly.. The problem came into focus when text from the beginning of the game, which had already been translated, no longer displayed correctly after I had added a lot of text beforehand.

Anyway, I'm looking at the text now, and I'm assuming that you're talking about the string pointers? Since the space between the first hexadecimal value (POINTER) are consistent, and the spaces between the latter values (STRING) are not. Although now that I have read your message again, it seems that you're talking about the starting location for each text file to be imported, but I'm not sure how that would fix the problem, as the changes are occurring within one file.

Perhaps I should just focus on the translating and not concern myself with getting it to display properly.

Its possible that the file has grown too large and is being overwritten by the contents of the next file or it could be that there's some other problem. I won't know until your done. If you just focus on the translation I'll work on getting it working ingame.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#42  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't realize before, but I guess I may have been kind of vague in declining to reply. Anyway, yes, I will just focus on the text.
michaeljay03
Bomberbie

Post#43  Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm, Normmatt and Birdyfan please continue this project i really want to play this game......all the bomberman jetter fans will appreciate your effort translating this game.........if only i can do translation like you i will help you in this project........
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#44  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Did Y'all seriously give up on such an incredible idea? :surprise:  This game looks amazing! I don't know translating or programming, but I have a friend who works at Sony and his wife can translate well, so I bet I could get them to work on it if you guys aren't planning on finishing this project someday. :sad: 

How much money would be fair to offer someone for doing a job like this?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#45  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Last I knew, Razon was wanting to do it. I handed him the work that I'd already done to get him started. I've got too many things that I want and need to do, so it's difficult for me to try to maintain a project such as this without dragging it on forever and dashing hopes.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :happy: 
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#46  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
How long ago was that? I'd really like to see this happen in one way or another. :sigh: 

Also thank you! :happy:  I've wanted to join for a while, but the website wouldn't let me make an account for the last few months for whatever reason, then inexplicably it worked yesterday.

I'm just so happy to see Bomberman fans still existing, I'm a HUGE Bomberman fan and I don't want to see the character die outright. :flame: 

(I'm also going to be overusing these emoticons for a while, they're just too incredible! I wish I could use them on Facebook lol)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#47  Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
So it's been quite awhile, but I've finally started work on the translation for the game.

While I have an estimate of how long the translation by itself will take, I don't on the rest of the issues that need to be worked out before it can be released. I'll talk more about it as progress is made, though I'm intending to take my time on it.

Here's a quick look at the beginning of the work.
 YouTube Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSXJ5x168E

I chose to start from scratch on the translation, instead of using the 15% that had been done by others already. As to help ensure a greater level of accuracy, since some of the old translations had obvious mistranslations when looking over it. Here's an example comparison of some lines from the opening of the game, which shows text from the old translation along with a draft from the new translation.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#48  Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh my, very late to the party for the Fan Translation to Bomberman Jetters: The Legend of Bomberman, but that's soo welcome. I recently did a Live Stream of the GBA game to showcase it to most of my friends, and they all want to play it themselves but are too afraid because they don't understand the story, hahaha. I understood some stuff, so I was able to 100% it without much trouble, but yes, I'm highly stuggling on Kanji as well. I would like to help out with the translations as long as it's Katakana/Hiragana, but sadly, I can't rip out the game's script even if my life would depend on it, hahaha.

Besides of that, you did a great job on the translation so far, Razon! However, I always read it as "Ray Cannon" instead of "Beam Cannon". I guess it doesn't matter as it's technically the same. :laugh:  Keep up the great job! :peace: 
legato
Bomberman

Post#49  Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice Razon. Looking forward to hearing more.
flashthunderbolt
Bomberbie

Post#50  Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 am  Reply with quote + 
i can guarantee i have a vested interest in this! me and like the 50% of my friends i successfully dragged into jetters, haha
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2186s
Index - Back to Top