Lower-Left
 50%  [ 3 ]
Lower-Right
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes: 6

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
First of all, you're welcome for being gifted with the chance to read such an unwieldy thread title. I made it especially for you.

Now, for the question. Imagine a game. You are given a square, open world map. There is a boss in each corner of the world. Assuming you're starting with the easiest boss, to which corner would you instinctively travel first?

After voting, feel free to pretend to grab some imaginary refreshments and congregate in the room and talk about your lives or whatever.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:35 am  Reply with quote + 
For some reason, I'd feel like the easiest boss would be the lower left corner.

Aaaand just for the heck of it, I'd say... from there you'd either proceed through the map in an N shape or you'd cross to the right back up to the left and back to the right again. Either way the upper left would not be the final boss....

Interesting question, hopefully I'm helping fulfill your research/curiosity?

Honestly, I'm probably more curious about your intention here. lol.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm working on a game with an open world map. The quadrants are themed in such a way that hopefully it should be clear which are likely more difficult. But, for the sake of curiosity, and to make it more intuitive, I wanted to get a feel for which direction players would most likely go regardless of such a variable.

I've collected some other results via Facebook. The results altogether are... interesting so far. I welcome more input on the matter, for anybody else out there reading this. And thanks, Reggie, and whomever the other voter was; your input is valuable.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I said upper right, but that's assuming the game doesn't subtly guide me. Going right and up is just something i'm used to from platformer custom. That said, I generally also head where I think the boss isn't, looking for powerups, and stuff.
berrybob
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:21 am  Reply with quote + 
It's better if the hardest boss is away from the player. Example: If i start in the Lower-left corner, the boss should be in the Upper-Right corner. This should balance difficulty.

Edit: Or do like Megaman X and increase the difficulty of the bosses if you defeat one.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1669s
Index - Back to Top