Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Hello people!
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1231]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room

Faiyz
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
You might have seen my posts around here, but I thought about making an introductory post to further explain about myself. I am a longtime Bomberman player who got a grip for this game as early as Bomberman 2 for the NES, as well as Super Bomberman 1 & 2 for the SNES. This is when GameStop was still selling used retro games, mind you. I've also played Bomberman 64, and the TSA version. The first one for the 64 I kept to myself. I remember playing those back in my middle school days, multiplayer was an absolute blast and I used to be the one telling my friends how to play. Then in high school, I discovered emulators, and the lost three SNES Bomberman games. Things picked up.

Then I graduated high school, and eventually got a flash card for the SNES (PowerPak) for whatever multiplayer needs I might have with friends, as well as a crapton of controllers. Then I beat TSA because I couldn't solve puzzles in my dumb child age. All sorts of Bomberman games, mixed up with other franchises like Mario, those action/puzzle games like Tetris Attack/Puzzle League, even shooters. I'm pretty much like a mixed bag, but I used to like Pokemon. Wonder why that is, hm?

Oh yeah, and I bought a 64drive in this current year because N64 multiplayer is awesome. Just gotta mod some controllers in the future so they'll actually last.

I honestly hope that wasn't too excessive, otherwise I'll be garnering some dislikes, and that's no good.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, welcome aboard. :peace: 

I also started out with the SNES/SFC games. I think that a lot of people in the U.S. did, given all the love for Super Bomberman 2. It really was too bad that we had to emulate the other three, though; those were far more interesting in my opinion.

Quote:
This is when GameStop was still selling used retro games, mind you.

Ah man, I must have forgot that they ever did that. I tend to avoid them because they stopped. Didn't really buy from one until I got into GameCube games a couple of years ago.

Or, wait, did they used to be Babbage's? I remember being pretty miffed when Babbage's changed owners/names or something and stopped selling DOS games.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 

Nice intro! Not too excessive at all.

I was first exposed to the series by Bomberman 64. I also own some of the older titles as well but the N64 offerings are still my favorites as I really loved the single player mode of those and that's what got me hooked! Though multi-player in most of the games is pretty fun as well, especially Saturn Bomberman's.

I used to buy tons of games from Funco Lands before they too turned to Game Stops. Now I do most of my game shopping on Amazon and specialty stores. ha ha.
RealRed5pizza
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome there you'll be happy to see projects and clone bomberman games.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1237s
Index - Back to Top