[Replies: 68]  [Views: 24680]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Users watching this topic: 2  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#61  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Me "having stuff" doesn't make me more a fan than anyone. It just means I have a screw loose more than others and enjoy having the stuff around, all coloring and awesome looking. I dig the manuals and boxes most. ;)

Here is a third photo of the additions I made in March and April mostly, my March Madness as it were, bought so it was all here by my birthday coming up. :)

larger size
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8106/8633310424_9110db7e66_h.jpg
Board Admin

Post#62  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Is that... Is that a B-Daman Nerf gun? "Target Practice Game"... huh...

Also, Eric and the Floaters? Hahahah, nice.
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#63  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I was amused that there was a soft foam target gun set myself. The California eBay person had 8 or whatever of them last I saw. I would not mind a second to play:

Bomberman Target Battle Wars!

The downside is I would never be able to obtain 8-10 of them to play it like it was meant to be played, a la Saturn Bomberman, and so forth. ;) Two of the Eric and the Floaters releases are there, and I'll keep my eyes open for others that I can afford as they become auctioned and such.

As you see also, I finally have a US copy of Saturn Bomberman! lol I never had it because I had gotten into Saturn late, and missed a $15 used rough copy from a local flea market. I went home thinking it'd be there the next time the flea market was opened since the guy was a regular indoor vendor. But no, he was ALL GONE by then, in less than a week. I never had seen the game live in the wild except for that single time, and I worked flea markets for a job, and went to that guy's stall a ton. Didn't have the $15 that day, having spent my wages on other stuff, then BOOM. It was like a Floater popping. I got over that huge soul-crushing affair, and bought the import copies since they were MUCH cheaper. I still need to get the original Japanese edition eventually in mint shape, as I have the other two Japanese release of Saturn Bomberman, and then Wars and Fight.

The cool thing about this copy of Saturn Bomberman, and the story of "finding" it was that I either was given the link by an Aussie friend to the site's selling of that MSX Kuma release of Eric and the Floaters dirt cheap OR I did a Google search FOR that release to buy since eBay was empty. I had been given an eBay link by said awesome Aussie to a dirt cheap copy of the ZX Spectrum edition, which actually started my whole March Madness buying binge for my birthday, which is today. lol I figured buy it all in March and it will arrive by April whatever no matter where in the world it comes from and no matter how they ship it. :) And it worked amazingly well! Anyway...so I got to this English site however I got there and bought the MSX copy cheap, and then looked for other bomberman items. He had that mint copy, and I mean mint, as the disc and manual are perfect, and the case is even perfect. North American copy but being sold by an English site. I am not sure why he was selling it for half of the normal eBay price for a copy in BETTER shape, but I jumped on that like a rabid wolverine bomber.

Now, there is one of two ways to look at this. Either I just karmically got the best deal of the century without any hitches, or I freely bought a cursed object. I am not sure to be honest. In addition to that, as you see in the photo I bought another copy of US Xbox 360 Bomberman: Act Zero because I gave the other one away in fear or potentially threat of self harm if I played it too long? :) No...I didn't have a 360 then and a buddy said it "wasn't too bad as a game...if you forgot the bomberman license" which is more or less how I see the title. Mostly. SO, now I have TWO copies of the game and will eventually have the European edition with the same cover as the Japanese edition too. Someday. The Japanese copy came in a 5 or more game bundle I got insanely cheap as well. Every auction ended up being fairly inexpensive.

The reason I say it's cursed? Well, since that game came into the house I have had nothing but good luck, awesome things happening to me, smiles, confidence, YAY, and such, while my wife has steadily lost her mind, ended up deciding we really did need to separate from each other due to her own personal issues and handling of them, put herself in managed care for 5 days, then decide just early in the am today, that we could not stay in the same apartment and she moved out to her mom's house. It is going amicably though it hurts. It begun just after her 30th birthday party and just an array of things meant to make her day perfect. It came out of nowhere like an evil force caught in the material of said awesome game content. Is it really cursed? I don't know. But, I am going to either blame the dual copies of Act Zero or a cursed Saturn Bomberman for finally unhinging my wife from where she never thought she would leave. I cannot make any other sense of it other than that in how it so rapidly spun into failsville. lol

I'm doing fine though. No worries. The bomberman pile is safe and not on fire or anything. lol
Board Admin

Post#64  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh no! I am so sorry. :sad:  I hope that everything works out alright...

(I don't mean to make light of a terrible situation, but having two copies of Act Zero in such close proximity to each other can't be good for anyone's well-being)

The only copy of Saturn Bomberman that I ever saw in a store was priced at $60, stored in a glass case at a Vintage Stock that I frequented. I always joked that it would never be sold because nobody but I would buy such a game for so much in the area in which I live, but eventually, after a couple of years of sitting there, it disappeared. I still wonder, sometimes, who bought it, and whether or not he or she lives around here. If so, I'd like to meet that person.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#65  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I am pretty sure when I get the European copy sitting there, all unholy in its potentially multi-lingual instruction manual, and somehow align them into a triad of demonic possession and blood thirsty insanity, there will be a gate opened and mighty Cthulhu himself will walk through and ask me where the hell his virginic women are located, and how best he should begin to get drunk on the blood of the innocent he shall slaughter.

Something interesting to note is that the Japanese manual for Act Zero is actually partially in color, so that the fun little powerup blurbs, while not in English, are much prettier to look at. There is also different incidental artwork used as the background and borders for pages. I am not sure what will be gleaned from the European copy manual, but perhaps there is something fun there as well. I was especially bummed that some manuals were only ever printed in black and white or worse yet, some obscene blurred or low quality grayscale nightmare. Sega Genesis Mega Bomberman is the one I truly had a cry over, though I hope for good things when I get the UK edition of it for the MegaDrive. Don't ruin it for me if it is in grayscale also, despite the blue looking awesome tones here and there. If it is, I want to have one of those ripped-from-movie-scenes moments where I fall to my knees, close my eyes, hands to the sky, and shout "whhhhhhhyyyyy?" or perhaps "noooooooooooo". If I choose to do this in public I may have to pepper it up with something more entertaining like "chilllllliiiiiiiii frrrriiiiieeeesssssss!"

I can totally see that being the funniest thing ever to prank people with, should I have it delivered, let it go undelivered, then I pick it up at the local USPS office, get all excited for the crowd of lookie-lous, tear it open while making some hungry sounds and simply state "what the f*#$!" and then proceed to fall to my knees, etc. LOL Only if there is a camera standing by to capture it for my YouTube channel, with the dubious title "Fat dude likes chili fries I guess?"

I still have yet play an original copy of US Saturn Bomberman on my console, just burned copies and the original and burned import copies. I can see it being pretty fantastic, especially when mixed with some Chu Chu Rocket, brats, beer, and bros, y0. I hope you find that awesome person someday, and if your type, have great emotionally-positive happy time experiences with them, then stop playing Bomberman, and do all the other cool stuff you can do with a person. :D

I will save up any new bomberman items for a 4th pile photo once the stars align and darkness once more creeps across my bank account, and Cthulhu knocks at the door, spawning dreams in the minds of simpler men and women, beckoning me to let him in! lol
Bombertrainee

Post#66  Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Me "having stuff" doesn't make me more a fan than anyone. It just means I have a screw loose more than others and enjoy having the stuff around, all coloring and awesome looking. I dig the manuals and boxes most. ;)

Here is a third photo of the additions I made in March and April mostly, my March Madness as it were, bought so it was all here by my birthday coming up. :)

larger size
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8106/8633310424_9110db7e66_h.jpg

NICE!!! :veryhappy:  :veryhappy:  :veryhappy:  :veryhappy: 
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#67  Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
you are very lucky

I have only two games Bomberman

one Bakugaiden Game Boy Color

Another Bomberman GB3 (I bought a few weeks ago)

a figurine of Akabon (Bakugaiden)

in my country is very difficult to get things Bomberman :cry: 
Bomberman

Post#68  Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:06 am  Reply with quote + 
So where do you guys buy this kind of stuff? Do you make vacations to Japan or just buy it online? I wouldn't mind jumping in on some Bomberman Memorabilia.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#69  Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am  Reply with quote + 
eBay, my friend.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1860s
Index - Back to Top