Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Just some ideas and thoughts
[Replies: 1]  [Views: 1491]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, lately for the last few days I've been thinking of "What if I owned the Bomberman franchise and were to make a new game?". For starters there'd be a remake of the three N64 games for the 3DS and Wii U that's a sort of start. But what kind of game is it that I'm thinking of myself?

Note: I'll be adding to this list occasionally, so be sure to check back here just in case I add something now. I'll usually say if I did or not in the chat though.

Console Info:
-Would be for the 3DS.
-Online Multiplayer.
-DLC for Multiplayer and Singleplayer.
-Pokemon-like Charabom Battles in both Single Player and Multiplayer.

Storyline Info:
-White Bomber, Bagular, and Max are the ONLY characters from the main franchise who appear, but all three are very different from their normal incarnations.
-White Bomber is 16 years old for instance. His voice sounds obviously more like a male rather than the feminine voice he normally had. This is because there is ALSO a female counterpart to White Bomber for both Single Player AND Multiplayer.
-Bagular is a "villain", but is not truly evil because he's not the true villain. He's being brainwashed into being evil, but he DOES serve the purpose of Semi-Final Boss.
-Max is present, but never seen in the main story. He's a Secret Boss as part of the way to unlock the Hyper Plasma Bomb.
-Four major NPCs are in the game, but their names are not final. One girl that's similar to Shout, a noble girl who is very polite than she has to be to where she's a klutz, a hot headed jerk of a boy, and a another boy who is very timid yet. The latter two of both Genders are Bombers, while the former two of both are Humans.
-Depending on the Gender of the player character, you can develop relationships with one of the two characters opposite of your gender, which is required for a special dungeon in the game to be unlocked.
-My normal Bomberman OCs do not appear or interfere with the game other than acting as the hardest bosses in the game.

Gameplay Info:
-Gameplay is a mix of RPG, Zelda styled gameplay, and the gameplay of Bomberman 64.
-The land is based on tiles, but the movement is on a 3D plane.
-Louie is present in the game and can be ridden anywhere in the game. The bonus is that you move faster, can jump, but the downside is that you can't use bombs while riding Louie.
-All known Charaboms from the previous games are present.
-Somewhat like an RPG. Enemies and blocks destroyed by bombs give Exp, which can be used to level up stats; Heart (HP), Blast Power (Bomb Power), Speed (Movement Speed), Blast Resist (Defense).
-Heart starts of as two Hearts as your HP, but the key is that while a Bomb still one hit kills you, most enemies will do only 1/4th a heart at minimum damage. At Level 4, you have 8 Hearts, and again these can be raised by Charaboms up to 18 hearts and a total of 24 hearts after the relationship sidequests.
-Blast Power functions as how powerful the blast of the bombs you use are. Normal bombs at Level 1 are 2x2 in tile size, while at full charge it's 4x4 tile size. At max Level, it's 6x6 at normal and 8x8 tile size at full charge. Blast Power normally caps at Level 4, but Charaboms can raise it up to Level 10, with the Relationship Sidequests when completed raising it to 12, which is the maximum power. However, the Blast Radius doesn't increase above 6x6 and 8x8. Any level higher than 4 will instead increase the damage the bombs do.
-Speed is the speed in which the player character moves. Nothing special as to how this works. Also determines Louie's speed as well. Caps at Level 4, but can be raised to Level 10 by Charaboms and to 12 by the above mentioned sidequest.
-Blast Resist is basically your Defense against both normal attacks and other Bombs (Even your own). Blast Resist decreases the damage you take against bombs, meaning if you get hit by a bomb attack, it means you won't instantly die to it. However, be warned if your Blast Power is at 10-12, because it'll do more than half of the max hearts you can have for HP. Like the other stats, can be increased by Charaboms and the sidequest.
-The choice between Male and Female player characters, both modeled after the White Bomber template by default, but the colors CAN be swapped out for Black, Red, or Blue instead.
-The Customization options from Bomberman 64 and other games can be used in Multiplayer AND Single Player.
-Controls are similar to Bomberman 64, but also some of Bomberman Hero's controls.
-The Vehicles from Bomberman Hero return in some side and main quests.
-A secret dungeon which requires 100% completion to access. Unless you have this requirement met, the Dungeon is guarded by enemies that can't be destroyed due to their Level 10 Blast Resist. When you achieve this completion, you'll have the stats necessary to destroy these enemies and enter the dungeon. The Exp Yields of them will Level-Up ALL Charaboms not already at the highest Level to the Max Level if they're not already so.
-The infamous Golden Cards return, but they have a different purpose now; Unlocking costumes that completely change the player character to be modeled after the different incarnations of White Bomber (64, Generations, Jetters, Etc.).

Bomb Types:
-Normal Bombs. The standard Bomb type.
-Fire Bombs. Enemies that survive are burning in flames and taking damage.
-Water Bombs. Doesn't deal very much damage, but floods areas with water. Used mainly in certain puzzles.
-Ice Bombs. Freezes surviving enemies. Second hit from these on Frozen enemies can destroy them in a single hit. Can also freeze water to create bridges.
-Earth Bombs. The blast itself is actually small, but the radius of the shock wave it causes surpasses all the other Bombs damage radius. Obtained before you get the ability to properly use it. This bomb is a must for defeating the enemies guarding the 100% completion dungeon.
-Thunder Bombs. Deals more damage to water based enemies than other bombs would.
-Wind Bombs. Deals no damage, but causes enemies to fly backwards and effectively stun them.
-X Bombs. Deals Damage in a basic X shape rather than the circular blasts of other bombs.
-+ Bombs. Same as above, but in a + shape. Both are based off classic bombs in the series.
-Hyper Plasma Bombs. Unlocked after clearing the 100% bonus dungeon. Does not damage the user, but one shots every enemy on screen.

Power Ups (WIP):
-Bomb Remote. Obtained fairly early in the game actually. However, while it stays with you the rest of the game, it CAN be disabled by removing it from the equipment you have.
-Earth Boots. Normally part of a customization set, this part of the set is a must to avoid the shock wave damage of the Earth Bombs.
-Wing Custom Parts. Any customization part that is essentially wings gives the player the ability to jump in Single Player. However, it doesn't jump as high as Louie does, the catch however is that it allows you to glide across areas. The power of the jump depends on the set, and is even more powerful with the full set of custom options.

New Charaboms (WIP):
-Newer Charaboms are mostly for battling Charaboms in multiplayer, so most of these are optional to find.
-The Seven Legend Charaboms are located in special dungeons that can only allow the use of a single charabom. All the enemies faced are faced with the Charaboms.
-The battle system with Charaboms is turn based, and they have different stats from the player character. However, the stats are very similar other than a few differences.
-Legend Charabom DrakeTyranno. A powerful Charabom that maximizes Blast Power, and gives 3 Hearts extra damage to the targets. Be cautious since this means it can also hurt yourself a lot. Based on a Tyrannosaurus.
-Legend Charabom Pterasoarer. An agile Charabom that can ridden like Louie, but can FLY across areas effortlessly. Based on a Pteranodon.
-Legend Charabom Shielsiratops. A sturdy Charabom that maximizes Blast Resist, and subtracts 2 Hearts Damage from damage to the player. Increases the power of Earth Bombs. Based on a Triceratops.
-Legend Charabom Sabretie. A swift Charabom that maximizes Speed, and in addition to being able to be ridden, can attack while riding at the same time. Based on a Smilodon.
-Legend Charabom Beastphant. A elderly Charabom that maximizes Heart. Every 5 seconds you heal half a heart of damage taken. Based on a Mammoth.
-Legend Charabom MaxiDrake. Boosts all stats at once. Hard to find because you need to obtain other Charaboms first. Based on a Godzilla-like Dragon. To obtain it, you have to both face it with Charaboms AND face it yourself.
-Uber King Charabom Brak. Boosts all stats like the above. Allows use of the Hyper Plasma Bombs. Based off Brachiosaurus.
-Love Leader Blazedragon. A Chinese Dragon who sets things ablaze with it's mere touch. To obtain it aide the sibling character in his/her relationships with the other character of opposite gender to the sibling.
-Love Leader Tenmare. A Pegasus who destroys things with winds but is very peaceful. As the male character obtain max relationship with Shout to obtain, or clear a dungeon for the female character.
-Love Leader Birdflare. A Phoenix who is swift and agile. Same conditions as the above except a different Female character.
-Love Leader Kiridrill. A Unicorn that can drill through the Earth. Same conditions as the above, but with the genders flipped.
-Love Leader Sheeshion. A Lion who is powerful and brave. Same conditions as above, but have the female character go for the alternate male love interest.
-Love Guardian Tigris. A young White Tiger of great potential. Obtain all the other Love Leaders.
-Love Master Tortience. A Wise Turtle who leads the other Guardian Charaboms. Obtain Tigris and defeat Tortience with it to obtain.

Enemy Types:
-Generic. These enemies are based on the area you're in. No noteworthy features about them.
-Attackers. These enemies deal higher damage than Generics.
-Defenders. These enemies are more resistant to bombs than Generics.
-Speedsters. While they don't hit very hard or take much hits, they often move too fast to get a proper hit on them.
-Tanks. These enemies specialize in both Blast Power and Blast Resist. The enemy that guards the 100% completion dungeon falls under this category.
-Quickguards. These enemies are both fast and have high Blast Resist, but have low HP.
-Sweepers. These enemies are fast and deal high Damage. They tend to go down in a single hit.
-Glass Cannons. Deal incredible amounts of damage, but have 0 Blast Resist as well as being sluggish.
-Boss. Only specific parts of this enemy type can be damage in-order to be killed.
-Final Boss. Multiple forms and different attack areas on it define it.
-Secret Boss. A boss that requires more than just bombs to defeat.
-Grand King. An enemy tougher than all others, and have stats the REQUIRE the Max Stat buffs provided by everything else to be able to defeat. Only one enemy has this title.

Enemies (WIP):
-Tyranno Bomber. Only enemy I have designed so far. Four of these appear as guards to the 100% completion dungeon, and their Blast Resist of 10 prevents them from even being scratched UNTIL the power-ups necessary to beat them are obtained. They represent the Test of Blast Power in the Final Secret Dungeon.

So far I don't have a complete list of what I was thinking of yet, but these are sort of my ideas so far for what I would like to see in a Bomberman game if I were to make one.

Enemy List (Incomplete):
Spoiler:

New Student Arc:

Slime:
Heart: Half a heart
Blast Power: Quarter of a Heart
Blast Resist: 0
Speed: 1
Exp: 100

Soldier:
Heart: 2
Blast Power: 1
Speed: 2
Exp: 300

Gammer (Boss):
Heart: 6
Blast Power: 2
Blast Resist 1
Speed: 3
Exp: 1,000

Halloween Arc:

Ghast:
Heart: 4
Blast Power: 2
Blast Resist: 2
Exp: 500

Zombie:
Heart: 5
Blast Power: 3
Blast Resist: 2
Exp: 700

Grim (Boss):
Heart: 12
Blast Power: 5
Speed: 4
Exp: 2,000

Exploration Arc:

Mander:
Heart: 8
Blast Resist: 1
Exp: 1,000

Vulture:
Heart: 7
Blast Power: 6
Speed; 6
Exp: 1,250

Sand Wyrm (Boss):
Heart: 16
Blast Power: 8
Blast Resist: 4
Speed: 5
Exp: 3,000

Prophecy Arc:

Bagular (First Fight. Mini-Boss):
Heart: 40
Blast Power: 11
Blast Resist: 7
Speed: 8
Exp: 35,000

Twin Dragon (Charabom VS Bomber. Cannot win):
Heart: 999
Blast Power: 50
Blast Resist: 12
Speed: 12
Exp: None

Dorako (Charabom VS Bomber. Mini-Boss)
Heart: 65
Blast Power: 40
Speed: 16
Exp: 50,000

Twin Dragon (Rematch. Charabom VS Charabom. Boss)
HP: 1,000
Attack: 500
Defense: 175
Speed: 50
Exp: 100,000

Mysterious Bomber Arc:

Violenine:
Heart: 20
Blast Power: 1
Blast Resist: 7
Speed: 2
Exp: 90,000
Drop: M Letter

Piandoh:
Heart: 30
Blast Power: 7
Blast Resist: 8
Drop: A Letter

Trumpike:
Heart: 10
Speed: 30
Drop: X Letter

Musii (Mini-Boss):
Heart: 50
Blast Power: 20
Blast Resist: 9
Exp: 100,000

Max (Boss):
Heart: 80
Blast Power: 10
Blast Defense: 5
Speed: 6
Exp: 150,000

Tyranno Bomber (Mini-Boss):
Heart: 50
Blast Power: 30
Blast Resist: 10
Speed: 10
Exp: 400,000

Last edited by Mighty on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 am
View user profile Send Private Message
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Not much of an update, but I refined an old set of pics of mine to work them into the default designs of the Player Character. As mentioned, the color can be chosen from the typical White, Black, Blue, and Red at the start of the game, but the Gender can also be chosen as well. The rest is explained in the pic itself.
Spoiler:

Edit: Design for Max finished up.
Spoiler:

Edit 2: Design for Bagular. I wanted a more different look to him personally, so I went for a grumpy old man look to reference his role as a villain, but not truly being evil.
Spoiler:
Edit 3: Design for Shout. I sort of gave up with designing an Expy so I just changed Shout a bit and used Shout for the spot in the game that the other character would've had.
Spoiler:
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1754s
Index - Back to Top