[Replies: 49]  [Views: 24340]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Normatt already has all of that set up, so I don't have to bother with it (except to make sure that everything runs properly, hence the glitch that I mentioned in my previous post).
View user profile Send Private Message
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Its nice to see someone has picked up the translation. If there are any bugs like the glitch you found let me know and I'll set about getting them fixed.
legato
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Out of curiosity, what's the status of the project? Is there a finished rom out there?
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#24  Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm curious as well if plasm as done any more work on it. If so do you plan to release the text files publicly?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been away from my computer for the last three and a half weeks, so nothing has been accomplished here. Should I complete the text for the first world, I'll go ahead and upload the text files. Hopefully I can get around to translating it all, but as with everything, I cannot guarantee this.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here are some screens demonstrating some of the progress.

[Collapse Text]

There are some problems, though. Firstly, in the first set of screenshots, look at the one in the bottom left corner, displaying the Karabon menu with Pommy selected. His name is still in Japanese, so it doesn't display correctly. I cannot seem to find the names of the Karabons anywhere within the text files that have been provided.

On top of that, there is a great deal of text that is leftover from Bomberman Story/Tournament (since this game was built directly on top of Bomberman Story). For example, bomberman_script_001.txt includes nothing but the names and attack names of Karabons from Bomberman Story, for Karabon battling purposes. Needless to say, none of that appears in this game. Just glancing through bomberman_script_007.txt, it seems to be entirely comprised of dialogue from Bomberman Story, with boss speeches and text mentioning Fairy Palace, Epsilon, Pommy Beast, etc. With that being said, I don't recall seeing much or any unused text in the other 8 files. However, I am a little concerned that we are missing some text, such as the Karabon names.

Also, there is a strange text glitch in the menus. You can see it in the last two screenshots. Basically, the names of items appear glitched. They only become unglitched if you move the cursor onto a blank space, and then move it onto an item (or, from the items menu, keep the cursor on a blank space and then switch to the bombs menu). However, as soon as the cursor is moved directly to another item/bomb, the names will be glitched again.

The Karabon ability descriptions in the Karabon menu are preceded by some glitched text, but I believe that may simply be because the Karabon names are messed up and that text comes before the description. I have no way of verifying this, though.

Lastly, I'm not sure as to how editing the sprite-based text of menus and such should be approached.

I believe that the majority of the text from the first world is now translated, as well as most item names and descriptions. Karabon descriptions are also translated.

Anyway, if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Translating this alone takes enough of my time as is.
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#27  Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Looking good. I've taken a look at the item name glitch and from my limited testing I appear to have fixed it. The new code is up on github. If there are any other bugs or glitches let me know and I'll get them fixed.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Yes, that did indeed seem to solve the problem. :happy: 

I'll let you know if something else comes up. Thanks!
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#29  Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Any chance of your translated files being released? I'd love to try out the translation so far. I'll take a look and see if I can find the missing Karabon names and any other missing text. The sprites can be translated however they require more work than simply editing them in photoshop. (They are compressed and made out of tiles, with duplicate tiles removed, and thus it doesn't always appear the same as it does in game when extracted).
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#30  Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
hey birdyfan here, I am looking forwards to seeing the finished product, I might be getting internet back very soon, too much rl drama kept me offline thus far, but that is behind me so I am sure to be back online fairly soon, I will let you guys know when I have my own connection that way I won't have to rely on the net cafe.
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#31  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Any progress?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#32  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Normmatt wrote:
Any progress?

I managed to finish translating the majority of the text from the first world late last night-wait a minute. Damn it, plasm beat me to it. Nevermind.
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#33  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Happy New Year. plasm made any progress since last year :wink: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's good to see this game getting some love. It may not have been one of the best in the series but it was definitely far from being among the worse.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#35  Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
It's good to see this game getting some love. It may not have been one of the best in the series but it was definitely far from being among the worse.

I thought it was a pretty damn good game. A very nice improvement from Tournament, even if I couldn't read anything and kept having to bug plasm to tell me what was going on.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, better than Tournament, I agree.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:28 am  Reply with quote + 
I haven't worked with it in quite some time, but I ran into a problem. It seems that there are space limitations, at least in certain areas. Would it be possible to utilize all the wasted space that is being taken up by dialogue from Bomberman Story? By, for example, linking larger pieces of dialogue to unused space (the result would be split chunks of dialogue with other stuff between them).
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Uh... are you asking me? How should I know?
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#39  Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I haven't worked with it in quite some time, but I ran into a problem. It seems that there are space limitations, at least in certain areas. Would it be possible to utilize all the wasted space that is being taken up by dialogue from Bomberman Story? By, for example, linking larger pieces of dialogue to unused space (the result would be split chunks of dialogue with other stuff between them).

There isn't be any space limitations as its all been repointed. Although each file is assigned a specific starting location so you might be going over the alloted space for the file which is easy enough to change. If you send me your files I can tell you the new offsets or you could experiment yourself if you know what your doing with a hex editor.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#40  Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm, ok. Well, what I noticed was that, in certain areas of the text, if I added or subtracted characters from certain sections, then certain later sections would display less or more text correctly.. The problem came into focus when text from the beginning of the game, which had already been translated, no longer displayed correctly after I had added a lot of text beforehand.

Anyway, I'm looking at the text now, and I'm assuming that you're talking about the string pointers? Since the space between the first hexadecimal value (POINTER) are consistent, and the spaces between the latter values (STRING) are not. Although now that I have read your message again, it seems that you're talking about the starting location for each text file to be imported, but I'm not sure how that would fix the problem, as the changes are occurring within one file.

Perhaps I should just focus on the translating and not concern myself with getting it to display properly.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1872s
Index - Back to Top