Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#241  Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
In Soviet Russia, plasm Bomb Bomberman?

This is a distinct possibility, but very unlikely.
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#242  Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Glossop?
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#243  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here's a photo I took of myself about ten months ago.

I'd post a more recent picture, but I rarely have pictures taken of myself and a lot of the photos taken usually don't turn out well. I just read through this entire topic and I'm surprised most of you have beards. o_O I never liked having a beard personally. I don't think it works well with my face and I just don't like having facial hair except sideburns (which I keep trimmed). Here's a photo I took in December 2009 where I went seven weeks without shaving. Never will do that again. I did shave my neck before taking the picture though. The hair on my neck was just too disgusting IMO.

Yep, I'll never go seven weeks without shaving again. At the time, I was dealing with a bunch of medical bullshit that forced me to drop all of my classes and I decided to be lazy about shaving. Anyways, since this is a Bomberman board, I figured you guys would also like to see this photo.

Yes, that is a Bomberman cosplay. For one of my friend's 21st birthday (which took place in March 2011), she mandated cosplaying for her birthday party and I had less than a week to come up with one. I spent about $30 on supplies. I'm thinking about wearing my Bomberman cosplay setup again this year for Halloween but I definitely would like to make some improvements. When I find a lot of my supplies, I'll post additional pictures and ask for advice on how I can improve it. I especially need to come up with better pink balls. >_> For the two balls in my hands, I just bought three Dora the Explorer balls at Kmart and cut into them so I could stick my hand into them. What sucks is that the ball sizes were really inconsistent...JUST LIKE ACTUAL BALLS *shot* You can imagine all the balls jokes people made at the party. Was a damn fun time.

Hopefully it's obvious to you guys that I was going for the Bomberman Generation look.

Board Admin

Post#244  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hahahah, nice costume, especially for such a short window of time. I like what you did with the helmet, it gets the point across well.

About those balls... how did you grab things with them? I'm guessing that you just had to take one off, but the alternative is rather amusing. If you wanted to replace them, you could try to find some foam balls. Like clown-nose foam. They would probably be easier to use and more comfortable to wear. The only problems are that they wouldn't be shiny, and that they would probably take more damage over time.

W.A.C. wrote:
I just read through this entire topic and I'm surprised most of you have beards. o_O

Yeah, it's kind of funny. Just judging from the second picture, I think that it looks fine on you, but it's understandable that not everyone would want one.

Sideburns are cool, though. I recently convinced one of my friends, who was going to shave his beard, to keep his sideburns halfway down - kind of like the way you have yours.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:11 am
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#245  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, yeah about 3 quarters of us have beards huh?

I most prefer a scruffy beard honestly but mine tends to be longer just purely out of laziness I'm not gonna lie. I don't like being shaven cause it makes my face itchy as hell but at the same time if the beard gets too long it gets itchy anyway. It can also be a pain when sleeping cause I sleep on my side so the beard will rub against the pillow and get unpleasantly warm. heh

So I'll usually just thin mine out every so often.... Be it 3 months, 4 months, 6+ months..... lmao laziness....

and I agree that you did a great job with that helmet for the costume.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#246  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Hahahah, nice costume, especially for such a short window of time. I like what you did with the helmet, it gets the point across well.

Thanks. The part between the helmet and the ball actually broke off. Had a hard time keeping it together with super glue. I definitely want to replace that piece with something more sturdy.

plasm wrote:
About those balls... how did you grab things with them? I'm guessing that you just had to take one off, but the alternative is rather amusing. If you wanted to replace them, you could try to find some foam balls. Like clown-nose foam. They would probably be easier to use and more comfortable to wear. The only problems are that they wouldn't be shiny, and that they would probably take more damage over time.

I'd like the balls to be shiny. As for what I did about grabbing, well, I had to take them off whenever I wanted to grab something. It was worth dealing with that costume flaw since I found it pretty hilarious to have balls for hands.

plasm wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of funny. Just judging from the second picture, I think that it looks fine on you, but it's understandable that not everyone would want one.

Yeah... I hate having a beard. I don't even like most forms of body hair. I find body hair to be pretty disgusting in general.

plasm wrote:
Sideburns are cool, though. I recently convinced one of my friends, who was going to shave his beard, to keep his sideburns halfway down - kind of like the way you have yours. If I ever decided to find out what my face actually looks like under this beard, I'd probably keep some 'burns... it's kind of a thing that guys in my family do, anyway.

Main reason I've never shaved them off is because I'm worried that if I don't like not having them, they'll look bad growing back.

Regulus 777 wrote:
lol, yeah about 3 quarters of us have beards huh?

I most prefer a scruffy beard honestly but mine tends to be longer just purely out of laziness I'm not gonna lie. I don't like being shaven cause it makes my face itchy as hell but at the same time if the beard gets too long it gets itchy anyway. It can also be a pain when sleeping cause I sleep on my side so the beard will rub against the pillow and get unpleasantly warm. heh

My tip is to use a good razor and something like shaving cream or conditioner (I prefer conditioner personally). If you have shaved very few times in your life, yeah it will itch, but for a lot of people, their body gets used to it overtime. I don't think my face ever itches after shaving. It does itch sometimes when hair is growing in though. Only way around that for me is to shave daily.

Regulus 777 wrote:
So I'll usually just thin mine out every so often.... Be it 3 months, 4 months, 6+ months..... lmao laziness....

I used to be pretty lazy about shaving as well (hence that photo from 2009) but nowadays, my hatred for body hair is far stronger than my laziness with shaving.

Regulus 777 wrote:
and I agree that you did a great job with that helmet for the costume.

Thank you.
Bomberstar

Post#247  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah I'll keep the beard over the effort involved in getting used to the effects of shaving and having to do it consistently over and over. lol, so I guess I'd be the opposite of you.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#248  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Love the cosplay. hahaha That's great. :) I keep saying I will have a friend make me a pro-quality costume but I have not had the cash yet.
Plus I am always afraid mine would look like this, a very lounge act, hot sauce toting version:

Speaking of beards, this was my most recent photo, taken in Pisgah National Forest during a camping weekend, during which we camped down to the bottom of the mountain to the falls behind me. Not a far distance but very challenging as we took the deluxe manly trail. I feel like the Werewolf Bomber from Panic Bomber most days... ;) Or an extra on Teen Wolf. If only I could sell my beard growing capability to make prosthetic beards for those who would have them. I would never want for bomberman toys from Japan...as I would visit there semi-regularly.

On my end, life is catching up. Too many deaths in 2012. Hopefully soon all of the credit debt from a decade will be paid off. I found out I am Slovak in part on my mother's side, not Czech or at least the woman who married after coming here to America before WWI setting up roots was Slovak. Her husband may have been Czech, my family there does not know. Very nice family, 3rd and 4th cousins. Enjoying my cheaply purchased Wii and Xbox 360 consoles though I do not play near enough.
Bomberman

Post#249  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 am  Reply with quote + 
I was going to just type this question to you beardies out, but decided instead to upload the source of the question instead

DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#250  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Both, neither. I just sleep, then my beard goes where I do as I move around. ;)
Bomberman

Post#251  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 am  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Both, neither. I just sleep, then my beard goes where I do as I move around. ;)

My beard goes inside the blanket.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#252  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I also meant to mention Dragon that your beard there is epic enough to rival those of the dwarves, very impressive

I've always gone clean shaven, the color of my beard is different on either side which looks ridiculous, and im sure as hell not using dye

Every now and then a photo crops up that facial hair might have messed up, below being an example

I may wield one when i'm older
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#253  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
My beard goes inside the blanket.

Oh Darkfire, you kill me.....

That's a nice photo Hammer. The pictures you post with others always have a nice feeling/pleasant aura to them. You look like you really enjoy yourselves a lot.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#254  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Nice photo. I am often complimented on my beard for whatever reason, by men and women, straight men, even. It is quite a strange "uh ok, thanks..." moment in real life. It is mostly facial shrubbery really.

I recently referred to my beard as a "wizard beard" during a potential coworker to be's interview. He thought it was a pretty rad way to refer to it as. Pretty geeky like myself. I was glad when they hired him. So...my beard was basically the ice breaker in a room for a potentially nervous young guy trying to impress us with his skills and desire to do the job. Win.
Bomberjack

Post#255  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Erm, my beard goes where my face goes, which is generally over. It's like asking whether or not you should sleep with your chin over or under the sheet, and I know very few peopel who atleast start to sleep with their face under a sheet, unless it is quite cold or something.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#256  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Erm, my beard goes where my face goes, which is generally over. It's like asking whether or not you should sleep with your chin over or under the sheet, and I know very few peopel who atleast start to sleep with their face under a sheet, unless it is quite cold or something.

I tend to sleep with my chin under the covers largely so I can avoid any type of light. My house seriously needs some new blinds.
Bomberdude

Post#257  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 am  Reply with quote + 

This picture was taken over two weeks ago on my birthday party. What a damn fun time that was.
Bomberjack

Post#258  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Wide brimmed fedora, how I miss mine *sigh*.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#259  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
That was a friend's hat. He let me wear it for the night.
Bomberjack

Post#260  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
And then you stole it and it was yours? Your birthday present?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 13 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2083s
Index - Back to Top