Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Broccoli!!!!!
[Replies: 11]  [Views: 3233]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Something I've been doing for a while is eating a lot more fruits and vegetables in my diet and I must say, it really pays off! I just wanted to ramble for a bit about it. :happy: 

Every day (usually in the morning, just depends) I have a health smoothie for breakfast. I use the Ninja Blender system they show on tv and I mix about five different fruits and veggies in it. My parents keep a nice variety in the fridge so each day I can use different ingredients. I usually have a decent list to choose from like:

-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Spinach
-Strawberries
-Blueberries
-Blackberries
-Raspberries

and sometimes others. I usually add some organic low fat vanilla yogurt for flavor and milk to thin it out. Depending on what's in it the taste will vary but it doesn't produce a lot of content so even if it's terrible I can still drink through it lol.

Any who, my main rant today is broccoli. I swear, after eating a few florets of it raw about 20 min later I get a huge energy burst. I've read that it's a good source of B vitamins and I believe it! I just wanted to share all my random excitedness with everyone and encourage you to eat more broccoli if you can. :cool: 

Here's a site where you can read about broccoli's good stuff: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 am  Reply with quote + 
In terms of greens, my preferred choices are spinach, curly kale, peas or cabbage. I usually steam them, and always have them as part of an evening meal as opposed to brekky

And sprouts can burn in hell

Last edited by Hammer Bomber on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah broccoli's pretty badass. Really though, I'll pretty much eat any vegetable and be fine with it. The only veggie that I can think of that I hold any disdain for is the pea. There's just something about the taste that I'm not that fond of. I'll eat them if they're set before me, though.

In terms of drinking vegetables... Uhhh, I don't know about that. The first time that I tried a V8, the salty taste didn't sit well with me. But I've since tried a sweeter type of V8 that included some fruits, which was fine. I guess it's not really the thought of drinking vegetables that turns me off, it's usually the taste.

(On a side note, I don't understand why some people complain about spinach. It's like they heard that spinach was "nasty" when they were children, so they just held on to that notion. It's actually pretty good.)
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
On a side note, I don't understand why some people complain about spinach. It's like they heard that spinach was "nasty" when they were children, so they just held on to that notion. It's actually pretty good.

I don't mind spinach but I can't eat too much of it before it starts to bother me. Really the taste starts to get kinda bland and such.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never really had raw spinach, just on its own, so I suppose that in that way I can't really judge it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Broccoli's pretty tasty.

It's one of those veggies that's better cooked though, I think. I like Broccoli and Cheese soup, along with having broccoli along with chicken and stuff.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Both Broccoli and Spinach are only good when mixed with other things. and they are good, be it veggie dip, on a sandwich, a salad with dressing, in a pizza pretty much whatever!

On their own they are very bland and meh....

as far as drinking veggies goes, a couple Bloody Marys are nice once in awhile! Hehe...

I had a nice one last night with some buddies, A celery stick and bacon included. tasty!

BTW I feel the same way about most vegetables. To my tastes they are meant to be mixed with other things for maximum enjoyment.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm more towards cucumbers for greens but something about boiled spinach turns me off. They look and taste like pond waste
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am  Reply with quote + 
This topic reminds me of Largo from Valkyria Chronicles for some reason.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would be intrigued to hear that reason if it should ever make itself known to you

Spinach is great tho. Its unoffending as a side to a meal, I can happily nibble away at it raw while doing something else and it is utterly at home as a layer in a lasagne
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
I would be intrigued to hear that reason if it should ever make itself known to you

I thought that reason would be obvious to people who played the game, atleast those who played the game with an english soundtrack, and did is side mission to unlock his special perk.

The perk itself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwtFDzKealo
The mission briefing for the mission that gives the perk, and the stuff that follows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBv3q29O2VU
Razon
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Broccoli steamed or boiled with a bit of salt added tastes great. Though I don't really care for it raw, the same goes for a lot of vegetables. I haven't tried raw spinach, but cooked with some salt it's pretty good.

When it comes to drinking juiced vegetables, some can be good like carrots and apples juiced together, and many other combinations I'm sure which can make a refreshingly sweet and nutritious drink. Even though I'm not one for raw carrots, the juice alone for it isn't bad.

Most vegetables when cooked and mixed into something that it can take the flavor from, or in melted cheese or something else can be quite good, even if you're not fond of the vegetable plain. Though if you really don't like it then it might not taste good in anything, and it could make the food taste bad instead.

Then there's salad, some romaine lettuce with a variety of different dressings and some salt is always a nice light dish to eat. You can optionally mix in croutons, meats, cheeses, fruits or other vegetables, though just a basic salad is perfectly fine.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2206s
Index - Back to Top