[Replies: 41]  [Views: 10348]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Users watching this topic: 1  
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been a Bomberman fan ever since I got Super Bomberman 2 around 1998. I love the series and it absolutely saddens me that the franchise hasn't done that great in the past two generations for consoles. (Can't really comment on how it has done with handhelds outside of Bomberman Pocket.) It also really upsets me Hudson Soft is now gone. :/ Despite my strong liking for the series, I never really thought much about looking into the Bomberman fandom in the past but I decided to do some research on it and this seemed like a pretty decent forum so I felt like joining. The site does seem a bit quiet but maybe I can help with activity a bit. :veryhappy: 
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Quiet really shouldn't be surprising though, this community has existed for ages, and it is built around a fandom that doesn't produce huge amounts of new content. What has come recently is an overload of information, translations, and that like, but not a lot on topic to discuss really. You should consider dropping into the chat, it's where friendly talk tends to happen.

Welcome though, enjoy yourself, and that jazz.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Welcome dood. Enjoy your stay!

We're a smaller but more tight knit bunch. Most of us have been kicking around for multiple years.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Basically, what they said, hahahah. Welcome to the forum! :peace: 

In regards to fireball's comment about info, I can point you in the direction to some interesting finds if you'd like. In particular, you can find some really in-depth info on Super Bomberman 2 here, from character bios to map data to unused content found within the game.

But yeah, other than that, the old discussions have died down a bit... but if there's something you'd like to bring up, feel free - I, for one, will surely be interested. Or check out the chat - it's a good place to get to know some of the other members.

Anyway, I'll catch you later.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome aboard, stranger. You seem alright, so I hope you stick around.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Quiet really shouldn't be surprising though, this community has existed for ages, and it is built around a fandom that doesn't produce huge amounts of new content. What has come recently is an overload of information, translations, and that like, but not a lot on topic to discuss really. You should consider dropping into the chat, it's where friendly talk tends to happen.

Translations? While I haven't gotten around to trying Super Bomberman 4 and 5 yet, has someone done an English translation of that game or does the game have so much english in it that it doesn't even matter?

Regulus 777 wrote:
Welcome dood. Enjoy your stay!

We're a smaller but more tight knit bunch. Most of us have been kicking around for multiple years.

Yeah, it seems like this site has been around for a while.

plasm wrote:
Basically, what they said, hahahah. Welcome to the forum! :peace: 

In regards to fireball's comment about info, I can point you in the direction to some interesting finds if you'd like. In particular, you can find some really in-depth info on Super Bomberman 2 here, from character bios to map data to unused content found within the game.

But yeah, other than that, the old discussions have died down a bit... but if there's something you'd like to bring up, feel free - I, for one, will surely be interested. Or check out the chat - it's a good place to get to know some of the other members.

Anyway, I'll catch you later.

I recently discovered that wiki and was surprised Super Bomberman had two secret battle maps. o_O

Soniti 254 wrote:
Welcome aboard, stranger. You seem alright, so I hope you stick around.

I shall.
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
fireball87 wrote:

Translations? While I haven't gotten around to trying Super Bomberman 4 and 5 yet, has someone done an English translation of that game or does the game have so much english in it that it doesn't even matter?

None of the Super Bomberman games have enough text that it'd matter that much regardless. I was more meaning translated information then actual rom hacks. While this community has some decent translators, I don't think we have any regulars who are actually rom-hackers, or have released anything. http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1728 is the only rom hack that I know of with any connection to here, and as far as I know, it's not done. Super Bomberman 4 is translated on Romhacking.net, but that has nothing to do with us.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, the only text within the SNES games is in menus and credits and such. They're easy to navigate.

But a fellow named Ragey has acquired a lot of hard copies and scans of various manuals and official guidebooks. I translated the Bomberman GB 3 manual, but other than that, I don't think that anything else has been completely translated. I've just been translating info from the sources and using it to write articles on the wiki.

Keep in mind that there are still articles on the wiki that don't have sources cited, though. (In retrospect, a wiki might not have been the best place in which to begin placing information on a subject on which sources are very limited...)
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Sorry for being late, but welcome aboard nonetheless. :)

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
None of the Super Bomberman games have enough text that it'd matter that much regardless. I was more meaning translated information then actual rom hacks. While this community has some decent translators, I don't think we have any regulars who are actually rom-hackers, or have released anything. http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1728 is the only rom hack that I know of with any connection to here, and as far as I know, it's not done. Super Bomberman 4 is translated on Romhacking.net, but that has nothing to do with us.

Well that's good to know. I'm tempted to go to that rom hacking site since it sounds interesting, but these comments are worrisome.

plasm wrote:
Yeah, the only text within the SNES games is in menus and credits and such. They're easy to navigate.

But a fellow named Ragey has acquired a lot of hard copies and scans of various manuals and official guidebooks. I translated the Bomberman GB 3 manual, but other than that, I don't think that anything else has been completely translated. I've just been translating info from the sources and using it to write articles on the wiki.

Keep in mind that there are still articles on the wiki that don't have sources cited, though. (In retrospect, a wiki might not have been the best place in which to begin placing information on a subject on which sources are very limited...)

Well that's cool. I'll give those sites a good look. From what I saw of both sites already, they seemed to have a pretty decent amount of information.

WarioMan3K wrote:
Sorry for being late, but welcome aboard nonetheless. :)

Thanks. ^_^
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 am  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
fireball87 wrote:

Well that's good to know. I'm tempted to go to that rom hacking site since it sounds interesting, but these comments are worrisome.

I've never had problems with the site, but I suppose that it may depend on what you download? Anyway, now that I think of it, if you only ever download one thing from there, it should be the translation patch for Bomberman GB 3. As far as I know, that's the only fan-translated Bomberman game that has story text and whatnot in it. I can assure you that it's safe, but if you still don't trust the site, you might be able to find it elsewhere. It looks like emuparadise.me has it. There is also a scan of the manual and an English translation of it in this post on this forum.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I've never had problems with the site, but I suppose that it may depend on what you download? Anyway, now that I think of it, if you only ever download one thing from there, it should be the translation patch for Bomberman GB 3. As far as I know, that's the only fan-translated Bomberman game that has story text and whatnot in it. I can assure you that it's safe, but if you still don't trust the site, you might be able to find it elsewhere. It looks like emuparadise.me has it. There is also a scan of the manual and an English translation of it in this post on this forum.

Oh, thanks for mentioning emuparadise.me. SiteAdvisor has nothing negative to say about the site so I assume it's probably safer than most rom sites. Usually I use Coolrom since i have a hard time finding safe rom sites.
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I really don't put much heed into the comments of McAffee (which seems to be fine with the site itself), let alone their random community. Regardless, this is user submitted, so you can expect some forms of evil hiding in some way or other. Regardless, common sense to the level of only actually downloading and extracting rom/ips files will save you from anything except for perhaps some form of attack on your extraction tool, or a attack on the emulator you're using, neither of which I've not yet heard of, and would be impractical, but theoretically possible. A good virus scanner and adblocker will save you from most things currently.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
After getting a virus from some rom site over a year ago, I'm generally paranoid about security with rom sites and try to avoid the less secure ones.
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 am  Reply with quote + 
I know that most Bomberman fans are upset but...

I don't mind that Hudson is dead now, in the last few years they've been making one mediocre crap after another. And I'm not just talking about the last few Bomberman games.

I'm talking about their other series like Bloody Roar as well
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I feel the 3DS Bomberman game they were making had the potential to bring the series back to the glory it achieved in the 5th generation. Not to mention a Bomberman game on the 3DS with multiplayer would've been cool. Even if it wasn't as good, it still looked like it had potential and I feel their biggest problem this generation was failing to make a really good single player Bomberman game for consoles. Granted, a 3DS game wouldn't solve that but the 3DS will probably be my first handheld gaming system since the original GBA back in 2001 so I just would've liked to see that game get made.
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ahh yes the good ole PS1 (or N64 for most in here)days that was the best especially Fantasy Race as loose as the controls are
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
If I were to play through the N64 Bomberman games (haven't gotten around to it yet) and played through Super Bomberman 3-5, I probably would preference the series in the 16bit era. Both the 4th and 5th generation of gaming were damn good times for Bomberman though.
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
So is every Hudson game.

They decayed on the 6th and 7th generation

I dunno about you but some good fangame is in order now. The platformer kind like Herore, a well made roguelike, whatever
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jesus... I just made a list of every Bomberman game I definitely want to play at some point along with a list of every Bomberman game I legally own.

SNES:
-Super Bomberman 3
-Super Bomberman 4
-Super Bomberman 5
Saturn:
-Saturn Bomberman
Nintendo 64:
-Bomberman 64
-Bomberman Hero
-Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
GameCube:
-Bomberman Jetters
Handheld:
-Bomberman Tournament
-Bomberman DS 2

Bomberman Games I Legally Own:
-Super Bomberman 1
-Super Bomberman 2
-Pocket Bomberman
-Bomberman World
-Bomberman Party Edition
-Bomberman Generation
-Bomberman Ultra

8/10 of the games I listed that I don't legally own are games I couldn't legally get because it either didn't release in America or I didn't own the system the game was from. I didn't play Bomberman Jetters because of lackluster reviews that made the game out to be a lot worse than Bomberman Generations and I didn't get Bomberman Tournament because...hell if I know. I probably knew barely anything about it. Didn't help the game was marketed as some tournament game in America instead of putting emphasis in its interesting looking single player experience. Nor did it help that I was the type of kid who prioritized console games way more than handheld games. As a result, my GBA library is pathetic. Shame the 3DS doesn't offer GBA games on their store. When I get a 3DS XL later this year, it would be cool to play that game on it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1864s
Index - Back to Top