Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Streets of Rage Remake -Fan Game-
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 2625]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
So I'd been hungry for some old beat 'em ups lately and tried out Streets of Rage 2. While I was surfin the net for things to read, I stumbled upon a fan game called Streets of Rage Remake. It's kinda old by this point (finished April 2011) but the people who were working out have been doing so for about 8 years so they deserve the credit.

Any who, I tried this game out and it's marvelous! You can be all the characters from the previous titles and it has tons of things to unlock at the shop. There are multiple paths and everything good about the previous titles have been rolled into this game. It is amazing and you guys should try it!

Development Site: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

Site I downloaded it from: http://www.g4g.it/2011/04/07/streets-of-rage-remake-v5-0-final-version/
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
I seem to remember reading about this before. I thought it got canned though? Maybe I'm thinking of something similar but different.

Looks pretty good though. Dunno if I'd actually play it, but its always pretty cool to see dedicated fans make something like this.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
legato
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Considering it was worked on in and out for 8 years I'm sure it was considered canned at some point.

Yes it is lovely to see fans create a game worthy of the series. The only difficulty is finding a second player for me to enjoy it with. =P
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 am  Reply with quote + 
After the project was considered finished, they were shut down by Sega... which prior to that said that it wouldn't be a problem.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/04/08/sega-takes-down-streets-of-rage-remake/
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
After the project was considered finished, they were shut down by Sega...

That sucks.

Although, I haven't had the chance to try that game you guys brought up. Speaking of which, I have indeed played the Streets of Rage series, especially the second one. :happy: 

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Heh, wow Sega! What a *beep* move... Tell them hey no problem and let them work their asses off for 8 years and then as soon as it's done in all its glory they say, lol nah screw you take it down!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Not like it really mattered at that point, they said it after the release, information can not be killed, only die of natural causes.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Well yeah, Once something makes it on the internet it'll be there pretty much forever.

It's just a matter of principle. Videogame companies just can't save grace. I don't understand why Sega would even bother after its done. All it does is make them look bad and upset their shrinking fanbase.
legato
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mhm. The whole reason it was made was because fans wanted a SoR 4 but never got it. Maybe one day we'll get lucky if even Double Dragon can get revived with Neon coming out this month.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1480s
Index - Back to Top