Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#201  Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
The max figurine is pretty awesome.

Too bad the picture is a bit blurry.

The megaman figures are neat too. I have a bunch of those. I'll try and grab a decent pic at some point. They might be visible in my previous room pics though.

*EDIT*
yeah this was the picture i took before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/Behemos/Regulus%20Room%20june%202010/figures2-1.jpg
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#202  Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Vile, Max, and Protoman/Blues. Suddenly I want all of these, lol. I don't know why, but tangible representations (usually figures or such) of video game characters are kind of cool.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#203  Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 am  Reply with quote + 
I've always liked having display figures but now I'm starting to make my way toward obsession....

I have...

12 pre-painted scale figures
1 nendoroid
1 figma
1 built model kit
16 trading figures
2 mini figures that were bonuses with a game
11 other pose-able action figures
and various other miniatures less then 2 inches tall

One of my friends has a lot more then me though. His collection is so awesome. All his really cool ones are in a tall multi-shelf glass case with cool lighting he can turn on for it.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#204  Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 am  Reply with quote + 
:B

I took a recent shot of my desktop just today and it obviously isn't as messy as the one before it :B Please excuse its blurriness btw. Also that black book in the lower left corner is my yearbook, not a history textbook :B

Also...

It's old...somewhat. Actually took this 2 months ago before I had my haircut which I'm too lazy to show you all :B

(Is it me or am I addicted to saying :B a lot? :B)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#205  Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
It definitely looks like the desk for your computer is considerably more organized then the old set up.

Speaking of pictures I got an awesome new Saber figure from Fate/Stay Night and my Sakuya figure from Touhou Project came in awhile back too. They'll be in my next batch of pictures whenever I get around to doing those.

I also believe I'll have to readjust the shelves on my anime case cause it's getting full but the shelves were spaced out to make it roomier. I'll just have to condense them to get a couple extra rows. It'll look good for another year or so I think.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#206  Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 

This is my desk at the moment, currently uncharacteristically tidy. Everything pretty much plugs into the computer, soon i'll get an HD telly for the PS3 but i'll most probably wait for the January sales for that
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#207  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Right side of room (multimedia side) where I mostly work on music, projects, and practice guitar/bass/keyboard. A lot of the instruments are hidden under the desk or elsewhere in the room/closets. Pull out some of the guitar amps and a PA if needed but I found that the AC in the apartment is weird so rarely can do this unless I pull power from other rooms via extension cable. Kept shutting off my Ubuntu machine so much that I have not restarted the clients and servers on it. *sad panda face* Plan to virtualize the Ubuntu install eventually since I have had good uptimes with it so far in a virtual environment on other XP machines. The major media box now is an XP machine that sits between the desk and that mobile black entertainment center.

Action shot of me working with some VST MIDI apps using the small MIDI trigger shown, and DSP effect VSTs with the Yamaha keyboard shown. I have misc MIDI-related junk and find ways to make scary sounding tunes here and there. Look up this handle on YouTube to see what I mean.

Left side of room (multimedia side) where much of my wife's books are stored that she actually reads on. I kept adding junk to that left side where the bagged acoustic is so I had to move all of my bagged acoustics, including a resonator modification I am working on of a cheap $10 acoustic, behind a chair on the other side of the room. There is a machine behind the HDTV, and that machine on the left is the now unused Ubuntu box.

These are somewhat older gear action shots showing different hectic messes made. I do about the same now. That foam in the second shot is what I had used to rise up the PSP and NDS for use as an instrument/tracker/sequencer.

My wife and I totally moved the living room around from those older photos, to something closer to where you see the bass and that desk with a ton of monitors on it. We specifically got rid of furniture to fit a large sectional couch for our last birthday parties, and it has treated us well. We crash out, her with her laptop on this side of the room now on a wheeled glasstop table, watching rugby, movies, and sometimes playing games but generally it's rugby, movies, and television shows obtained online. I make sure the Bose is on loud so I can practice on my favorite acoustic guitar no matter we're watching. ;) (hidden behind the SMB throw blanket/chair in a photo above)

I have two laptops I keep around, the one in those older photos is the backup. I will often take one or both with me when I get in one-on-one mentoring time with some of the youth. We often do work with music theory, composing on the mobile environment (NDS, PSP, iPhone), recording, filtering, stop-motion animation, simple editing, and other projects like that. Not a lot of video editing yet. Imagine lugging bags full of stuff to an off-site location and then packing it all up and bringing it home again 5-6 hours later. Sometimes a mile away, sometimes 20. At home I always have random keyboards hanging about and right this moment at home there are three trackballs controlling three different systems sitting on my personal TV tray, some operating via switch as well, one open to VNC control remotely, and one operating a music server it seems I can no longer connect to from work. LOL Still have to get all of our media into something like Boxee or XMBC once I fix the names, add photos, and such with the apps. I am fixing our music now with MediaMonkey in part.

The only really interesting thing to have happened besides tripping fuses (no fires yet) due to too much power being pulled out of those outlets was the following below. I was trying to make use of an ancient laptop with Ubuntu 7.04 and it did not want to take. Instead it got angry and shouted the following at me:

Always makes me chuckle to see that photo. Our living room can be a mess, what with tv trays, ottomans, chairs, and people, but it works well for having people over to eat, drink, and make use of the television for misc purpose. Not nearly enough for Bomberman parties. I had a single one so far following my birthday gaming events, though I managed to get a friend's dad to play during that birthday deluge somehow. Gotta love when someone much older gets into the spirit of bomberman and you also have youngsters playing as well. :D
Bomberstar

Post#208  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Nice pics! Overall it looks like a pretty comfortable room. Even if you have company you can free up space by folding up the TV trays and stuff so I'm sure it's bigger then it may appear in the photos.

I haven't done any pics in quite awhile. I'm currently living with my mom and grandmother and space is limited for me, so a large portion of my stuff is packed up till I eventually find a better job and move out on my own again. Haven't been having much luck with that either...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#209  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:44 am  Reply with quote + 
I may have posted a room pic before, but here's a recent one.

DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#210  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Nice pics! Overall it looks like a pretty comfortable room. Even if you have company you can free up space by folding up the TV trays and stuff so I'm sure it's bigger then it may appear in the photos.

I haven't done any pics in quite awhile. I'm currently living with my mom and grandmother and space is limited for me, so a large portion of my stuff is packed up till I eventually find a better job and move out on my own again. Haven't been having much luck with that either...

That can be rough, I really appreciate that sort of living arrangement. I lived with my wife and her mother for just over 8 years, and have been on our own almost 2 years now. We do well enough given how much we let credit debt grab onto us. The apt is small enough to be easy to heat and cool, while big enough to store our junk and entertain for small events. The new couch allows us to have a couple people crash overnight if desired, which is better than the old furniture. It was a loveseat so only short people could sleep on it comfortably, and found me bringing in cots I store in the car. :D

I store a bit of parts in the cars, metal stuff I use for projects like custom camera rigs and so forth. We really need to buy a shed but they are not as cheap as I want to pay most days. Not for the kind of shed I want. Ideally it would be big enough to have a small table in as well for me to go out and fiddle about with the NDS/PSP/iPhone or laptop and my garbage percussion kit. A powered shed would be better, but I wager any shed will wait until we buy a house. My brother really wants to get something worked out so he has a room to crash in whenever he is in vagrant mode driving around the country, and yet keeps his credit line on his current investments/home open once he finishes paying off his house. Not sure that will work but I cannot imagine having a better roommate than my brother. Possibly my best friend but more of a pipedream really. My buddy is wheelchair-bound and we would really need a special house to make his life a little more comfortable. I worry about him and wish I could set up such a pad since his mom has cancer now and might not make it. Worry like hell what will happen to him once she's gone since his disability only covers so much. He worked so hard in his jobs before he was hammered by his condition. He has lived with his mom since that all went down, with siblings still there as well.

So on paper and in my head, I'd want a place big enough to have extra rooms for my brother, my best friend, any kids that come up to be taught the ways of bomberman, and of course the misc rooms required for projects/music/crafts and proper office, storage, and all that. Probably never going to happen of course. ;)

Those heavy duty wooden folding TV trays are a lifesaver though. We have those, my wife's laptop table on wheels, some cubed storage ottoman's good for papers and audio CDs/PS1 games, and a mini recliner that folds up into a cube when you need to move it. Wish I had gotten two of them now.

Edit @ fireball87 Looks like a fun set of digs. Spartan design wise, which I like. Is that an arcade machine for JAMMA playback/a MAME rig, or both? Respect.
Bomberstar

Post#211  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, yeah, lol. Everyone would like their own house really. My realistic aspiration for the upcoming years is to just get a better job where I could at least get back into the $300-400 a week range and get a semi-decent and cheap apartment, most likely with a room mate.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure he's very happy to have a friend like you though.

Good to see a pic fireball! There's the good old NES collection on the top corner of the desk. lol. I always try to get desks with the top shelving attached. I will use them for knickknacks like figures and other oddball merchandise that I like to display.

I'm guessing you use a laptop? Since I can't see any kind of screen on the desk anywhere but there is that spindle of cds. Also is that a bunk-bed or is it just raised so you can use the underneath space? Hard to tell at the angle of the picture with the shading on the bottom.

lol, I'm also interested in the arcade cabinet. Details! Details! hehe.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#212  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ask for details and you shall receive. Arcade cabinet is a Mame Cabinet, my brother built it, it is technically his (I live with my brother), it's running Windows+Mame+Hyperspin on the software side, a USB IPAC, + Sanwa JLW sticks (awesome sticks with rotatable 4/8 way controls, best sticks on the market, and pretty cheap too) + Happ Push buttons.

We bought the case which was an Arcanoid case (was converted frogger), already gutted, for under 50 bucks. It already had the coin doors on it, the IPAC and the coin mechs were a gift from some of our Arcade machine building friends, computer was built for it, monitor was sitting around, overall, total cost of build for us was certainly under 500 bucks. Control panel was custom bent by a local Steel Fab to match the original board, then we drilled it. It uses something that matches a modern Neo Geo layout, but has a second row for the top 3 buttons, so it's layout is best of both worlds for both Neo Geo and Capcom games, meaning about the only game (other then those that use trackballs or spinners) that it doesn't have a good layout for is Mortal Kombat.

is another picture, you can see the button layout. Lighting is bad in this picture, but neo geo buttons have the right colours, capcom buttons are black.

As for my bed, it's a Futon bottom bed top bunk bed, I use a laptop, which wasn't in the scene, cause I used it's webcam to snap the picture cause I was too lazy to grab my brothers camera. It is a aging Late 2008 (last model before unibody) 15 inch Macbook Pro. The futon most often get's used as a place where I throw stuff I'm not currently working on, school books and such. All this stuff was stuff I had before I moved in with my brother, and I went with space maximization stuff just out of utilitarian preference, and now that I do most of my stuff in a very tiny room, it works out well that all my furniture was built for it. In reality, from going to a quite large room to a very small room, minus one couch and a dressers, my furniture set is almost exactly the same, I just have a lot less floor space.

It's a good trade off though, you trade having a very small rooms for most of the house, to have a large living/dining room, which as it's the room you generally entertain people in, works very well. I use my bedroom mostly for entertaining myself/work, almost completely at my desk, and then of course sleeping, so I don't need much for room. If I do, I just go into the living room, which sports the video game console of the moment, and the big tv and such.

(random note, the cord going across the room is going to a fan that I use to sleep, I have a custom clothes hanger rigup to hang it from my heat/ac vent,which loses the across the room cable, but I accidentally ripped the prongs off the extension cord, by converting the futon without unplugging it, and never bought a replacement one, plugging it into the closest power to my bed became the immediate solution that i've just never took the time to change)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#213  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's really cool. Thanks for the time and effort you took to tell/show us more. Being able to play so many games on it must be fantastic. One of my buddies used to have a machine with Kangaroo for Atari on it. We'd play it for hours sometimes and he'd just used a butter knife to flick the coin slot for more credits. lol.

For the most part, a smaller room is never much of an issue, especially if you have other rooms in the house to use for yourself.

I actually enjoy rearranging my room as much as possible till I find the best layout. So every so often I'll change the furniture layout and see what works and try it for awhile.

At my dad's house my room was kind of on the small side but the way I had it arranged maximized space. Those were the last room pics I posted about a year ago. For all the shit I collect DVDs/games/etc I finally upgraded to the tallest shelving I could find that would generally fit in a room. I went to a cool store in Mass called IKEA. They originated in Sweden and focus on space saving home furnishings that are relatively cheap. The cases I used for my anime are called Billy Bookcases and they are pretty nice.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11683/

I also bought removable extensions for them to add an extra row on the top. That's where all my bigger art books were stored. I also would stick decorations there like some of my figures. For any type of media and storage taller is always better cause you don't know how much floorspace you may end up having.
JonmanOwnsYou
Bomberbie

Post#214  Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Target practice is fun
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#215  Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
No pistols or rifles yet here. Wife wants c&c license due to the neighborhood though and I do not blame her.
Bomberman

Post#216  Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Cool pics.

I shaved the sides of the goatee down for my father in law's funeral on April 1st, but other than that, same old look. Beardy McBeard, in that iPhone 3GS photo taken in a shack used to store a still of an associate's. Moonshine. lol

Bomberman

Post#217  Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't understand...

...is there a sexy man being watched or is a sexy man watching me...?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#218  Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man. I'm sure that I must have commented on it before, but... by growing that magnificent beard, you've accomplished more than anything I ever have in my entire life.

DarkFire4114 wrote:
I don't understand...

...is there a sexy man being watched or is a sexy man watching me...?

Hahahah. As it turns out, it's both.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#219  Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Great pics folks!

plasm your hair is ridiculous and awesome at the same time in both pictures. Particularly the 2nd one though, do you spend a lot of time on it each day? It kind of looks like its hovering on its own. lol

Were you planning to post or link those other pics? games, hats etc.?

I'm still currently living with my mom in kind of a smaller space and don't have room for my stuffs so it's being kept in 3-4 different places right now. I only have about 30% of my games and anime with me here. The ones I'll most likely use. The rest is either with my brother and/or in my dad's attic up in Mass or at my cousin's house nearby where I hang out a lot. I also have some of my stuff in my trunk, which has proved convenient once in awhile when I'm out. lmao

I haven't been able to find a better job and get myself out of this mess... I've been spiraling downward in quality of life the past 2 years or so.

I've been itching to see what my scattered collections would look like today in their full glory for awhile now. So I'd definitely love to take some new pictures when there's a full set up.

Whenever I become fortunate enough to get a new place I'll probly have to make another trip to IKEA for more shelving.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#220  Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
plasm your hair is ridiculous and awesome at the same time in both pictures. Particularly the 2nd one though, do you spend a lot of time on it each day? It kind of looks like its hovering on its own. lol

Hahahah, thanks, that is exactly what I was going for. Actually, I often wear a hat, so I don't have to mess with my hair too much. But as for how long it takes, it doesn't take too long unless it has grown out too much, in which case I just leave it be or wear a hat. Most of my hair hasn't had anything worked into it in the second pic.

Sorry to hear about your current predicament! Maybe things will get better...

I searched for the pics that I took, but all I could find were three shots on my phone. So I took a few more and added some extra stuff. It's behind the collapsible since there's a lot of it.

[Collapse Text]

Here I am almost a year ago with a hat on, since I mentioned that I wear one. This is not the one that I usually wear, though. Notable in the background is an Angry Birds shirt which I have never worn.

Here is the most adorable dog.

Here is what I presume to be a clown's puke.

And now, on to the room photos.

Here is my desk. My laptop is sitting in front of a much larger monitor that was once hooked up to a desktop. I've always thought about hooking it to my laptop, but I've never done it, so it has remained dormant all this time. The laptop is connected to a keyboard and mouse, though. To the left is my television, which I basically only turn on at night to provide some noise, and whenever I hook up my SNES or N64. To the right is an empty bottle of Choco Fizz chocolate soda, which now sits in the floor. Behind it is a Christmas ornament that was crafted with the dark powers of SCIENCE (chemistry, in particular). It sits there so that it doesn't get hot and turn bad or something in a box somewhere. I can't remember what happens if it gets hot, I think that it destroys the world or something. Further to the right are some old props for an Oedipus Rex parody that I once did, as well as a dreamcatcher that I purchased from a Native American woman at the Cherokee National Holiday a few years ago.

Here is my printer. On top are three hats; the grey one is the one that I wear most often. There is also the "Super Bomberman Hudson Soft Guidebook", which I have not fully scanned yet. I've scanned a bunch of pages from it, but it's nowhere near being ready to share.

Here is my hat rack. The topmost peg holds five fedoras and a ball cap. I am fairly certain that every single one of those fedoras was a gift from my mom.

On the very top of my desk are an assortment of things. Here is one thing. It's a Black Knight plush from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". The limbs are detachable. My brother gave me this as a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Here's some more random stuff on the corner of the top of my desk. Yeah, I totally bought that Golem Bomber gashapon that was on eBay last year. I'll have to show it off in the Bomberman collection thread sometime. That little wooden figurine is a miniature artist's model, for sketching and stuff.

Oh wow, there are a lot of films in here. I haven't even played most of these, and some of them I have never even watched before. Apparently I took a shitty shot, but from left to right: NFL's 100 Greatest Follies, Classic Moments with Laurel and Hardy, Sherlock Holmes: Terror by Night, Sherlock Holmes: Dressed to Kill, NFL Super Duper Football Follies, Bubba Ho-Tep, My Name Is Earl (Season 1), Sherlock Holmes (DVD with two episodes), The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Volume 2, Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe Volume 1 (DVD with six episodes), Eight Legged Freaks, The Three Stooges in Color (DVD with four episodes), The Three Stooges box set (ironically one contains the same four episodes, while the other contains four different episodes), Halo 1 and 2 for the PC, and Tremors. As I stated, I haven't watched most of these. There was a time when I just collected random tapes and DVDs from garage sales and dollar shops. Some of them came from a movie rental place that went out of business around seven or so years ago. I think that the most hilarious things that are placed on this shelf are the NFL movies, because I don't even watch sports. Of course, content-wise, I can't judge whether or not they are funnier than everything else on the shelf (though I kind of doubt it).

Here are some of my games. From left to right: Super Bomberman 1 through 5, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero, Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!, and Super Star Wars. I have a lot of other games stashed in other places, though.

I'll have to post a pic of all of my Bomberman merchandise in the other thread. There are more SNES and N64 games, as well as games for other systems, scattered about as well, that weren't covered in this post.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 11 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2229s
Index - Back to Top