BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomudokkan's fantard topic
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 1823]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork

Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
As I promised, before, here is some kind of Pretty Bomber Fanart.

It's not that great, I wish I could do fanarts like before, but I'm sastified with the results. Done with markers.
I'm thinking about submiting later more fanarts of the Fiendish Bombers I did in summer :P
For some reason, Pretty Bomber is easiest to draw for me than the rest of the fiendish...
And I still don't find out how to color her properly with only 24 marker colors to choice....

I had to resize the picture manually, because I don't know if there's a button to resize it here.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Au contraire, that's very good! The only thing that could be said is that the heart seems a little off, but it's not that noticeable. Other than that, everything looks fine.

The shading, though. I love the shading. It's fantastic. The fact that you had a limited palette to work with and pulled it off is a testament to your ability. I think you made it work; it's very stylistic.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree, it looks quite nice.

Big images do get auto resized depending on each users window size, and if they have javascript enabled. Making a smaller resized version for the forum, and linking to the full sized version is a good way to do it for giant images, or ones that you want to display at a smaller size in your post. Smaller images also use less bandwidth (unless they view the full size version too), and take less time for it to load on the page.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you!
Using colors to create different effects on drawings was always interesting to me. I was really amazed when I find out that markers could do such things, I often use markers to paint now.
But I'm aware of better artworks that could be done only using markers, like this I've seen on Deviantart: http://aerinl.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&offset=24#/d17exot
It's... beautiful. But I noted that the person has bought specific colors of markers, I wish I had those to learn how to paint like that.

Anyways....

plasm wrote:
The only thing that could be said is that the heart seems a little off, but it's not that noticeable.

I know, I have been trying different styles and versions of Pretty Bomber since not long ago, changing proportions, helmet shape, heart shape... This is the best Pretty's fanart I have done so far, usually I prefer to stick with the original artwork and sprites of the characters, and the only thing I can complain about this drawing is.... yeah, the heart.
But I'm happy anyway, thank thee again :D

Razon wrote:
Big images do get auto resized depending on each users window size, and if they have javascript enabled. Making a smaller resized version for the forum, and linking to the full sized version is a good way to do it for giant images, or ones that you want to display at a smaller size in your post. Smaller images also use less bandwidth (unless they view the full size version too), and take less time for it to load on the page.

Useful info, thanks! I will resize every picture when they are too big then, unless it's too detailed and it's important to see a bigger version, for those cases I will try your "link the full sized version" method.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is pretty good. Other then some nitpicking about the heart on her head, it's pretty good. Your use of markers is fantastic. Not much else I can say about it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1426s
Index - Back to Top