Winter Holidays and New Year 2011
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 3138]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Happy New Year folks!

Since no-one else made the topic for either of these this year, I've taken the privilege of making a merge of the 2 in 1. So to kick things off, how was everyones holiday this season? Christmas, hanukkah or whatever it is that you may have celebrated.

With another year behind us and a new year in-front of us, things done and things to yet to come. Did you accomplish much of what you wanted to in 2010, or achieve much in general? How about things that you want to do in 2011, not necessarily resolutions. Tone in!

I took my preferred lazy route when it came to gift exchanging this year, just agree with the other person to not give gifts and then it's like both of you buying each other a gift of equivalent worth that both people like- you can't beat it. While that may take the fun out of gift giving, it's also fun to be lazy and more enjoyable to have less things to worry about. Though sometimes depending on the person and for people who still give stuff, you'd want to give something or give something back of course.

I relaxed to my heart's content this christmas, and all around that time since tis the season. But I was awake all night on christmas, and slept through any events or get togethers that I could of attended during the day.

For the BombermanBoard, 2010 has brought many cleanups and minor improvements all across the forum. As well as the first version of the chat to the forum, and plans for major updates for the entire board in this new year.

Personally 2010 was an alright year, and as always hope for the next year to be even better than the last.

I've just about tied this post up, Happy Holidays everyone.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, Happy New Year! (belated)
And also a belated Merry Christmas/Hannukah/Festivus.

Yeah, the gift-giving can get really tiring through the years, especially when the other person/people are hard to buy for and just end up setting their gifts aside and not using them.

As for 2010... Where did it go?!?! Oh well, here's to 2011. :peace: 
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Yeah, the gift-giving can get really tiring through the years, especially when the other person/people are hard to buy for and just end up setting their gifts aside and not using them.

...what gift-giving? I have recieved none of this. >.>
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'll be honest, my Winter Holidays wasn't very good. I mean, Christmas and New Years were decent, but yeah. My grandfather passed away only a couple of days after Christmas and it was kind of depressing me. It was shocking and disturbing since he was just fine during Christmas.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm sorry... My condolences.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry to hear about that.. You have my deepest sympathy.
darkrevan95
Bombertrainee

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry about that ... I also lost my grandfather and I know how it feels; frankly,I lost many people in 2010, I only hope that this year might be better. My holiday ... well that was not the best, and to start the year I got sick, to be exact 102.2 ° F.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks, it's appreciated.

I'm sure that this year will be better.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Happy new year all. I'm very happy to leave 2011 behind, its been a difficult year. 2011 however is full of promise.

Well the UK was covered in snow, Scotland where i am at the moment was hit very very hard and the government's response was useless. This country isn't used to snow, there are no mandatory winter tyre laws and drivers are inexperienced in the conditions so disruption is always a given. Coupled with the lack of grit deployment, the transport minister eventually resigned.

In the build up to christmas, i actually had to spend a night in the office as the roads home were un-passable due to jack-knifed lorries and people who had abandoned their vehicles, there was a bunch of us tho and we raided the Managing Director's alcohol buro so the best was made. Was actually a fun night.

But this was my first white christmas (it usually rains), and as the roads were impassable, my family couldn't make it to Scotland for Christmas, so i took a train back to England instead to my home town. It was great, got to see loads of old faces over christmas and new year. Hogmanay would have been better in Scotland as people make fore of an effort for that up there but can't have it all.

A friend brought me a Ukelele, i'm actually going to make a good effort to learn how to use it properly

I'de pop up a snap or two in the picture topic but i think i was the last to use it so won't swamp it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1254s
Index - Back to Top