Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
PSX Plugins
[Replies: 13]  [Views: 5797]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods

HienFan
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:19 am  Reply with quote + 
I noticed that the PSX emulator has plugins but there are too many to know what to really rely on
What's the best plugins for 2D? I really need to run the original Bomberman Land on the emulator my Burner can't burn a thing for the PS
And what's the best plugins for 3D? My copy Bomberman Fantasy Race seems to respond less often now...
PS If anyone can help me do you know any burner to burn PS1 games?
PSS Is there any bio for Japanese games? I can only find the US and Pal ones
Edit: I decided to use the PAL bio and it worked. anyway.. here are some proof
This is from the puzzle mini game strangely starting with the second game they changed the picture to Shiro and Louie from the opening picture of the second game, said picture also appears in the second game only it was a lot smaller. Oh and one of my pictures is based on that picture http://hienfan.deviantart.com/art/Kuro-and-Shirobom-156974612

This guy's real name is Mach not Racer but I named him that because Racer was one of my favourites. Oh and he's blazing fast compared to everyone else, heck I even beaten a brown Louie in the Star Express while on a green Louie
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:56 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure which emulator you're using. But I would recommend the emulator "ePSXe". I don't recall having to mess with plugins or anything when I used that.

I don't really understand what you're having a problem with, or how you're even trying to run the game - are you using a real PlayStation disc or do you just have a rom? If you've got the actual PlayStation disc, you should be able to run that from the emulator.

If you've just got a rom, then don't worry about burning it to a disc. Just run ePSXe and choose File>Run ISO, then choose the .img file.

I don't remember having to mess with any plugins, but it's been maybe a year since I've messed with one of these emulators, and I don't have one anymore. And I guess I never tried to run anything but Bomberman Wars, which is a 2D game, so I definitely wouldn't know anything about 3D plugins.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm using the ePSXe. first it told me to configure the biodata and all that stuff before I can play. Well I finally got through that part but there are some games like Aizouban Hoshinengi where some of the text never disappears thus distracting the game
I'm using the ISO since if I can actually burn anything for the PS I wouldn't be playing on the emulator as I rather play on my own machine

PS Now I got another problem how do you start a PS2 emulator? I want to rip music and upload screen shots
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well shoot, I don't know. Is it only on certain games? There may be individual fixes for individual games. I'm not really sure, since I don't know much about PSX emulation. And I have never tried a PS2 emulator, so I don't know about that.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't use emulation, so I can't really help you out. But, a quick Google search led me to a page that you may find useful.

Also, all emulators work differently. So if you want help regarding a certain one, you have got to be specific. Merely saying a "PlayStation 2 emulator" does not help, for there are at least three different ones out there.

According to this site, this "PCSX2" is the best PS2 one. But again, I wouldn't know. I hardly ever use emulation at all.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah the PS2 emulator is PCSX2
Razon
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 am  Reply with quote + 
I've tampered with all kinds of emulation at some point, but haven't so much with many in quite awhile. Playstation emulators I've used are AdriPSX and PSXeven, ran things like fantasy race and such. Have tried PCSX2, but you'll need a good pc if you want anywhere near a decent speed with that.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:19 am  Reply with quote + 
.. My computer is pretty old.. as it's my cousin's computer but my own one that is now in the store shed is even slower, I could get a new computer but they are too expensive and the computers around my place are outdated anyway so I gotta find a camera or get someone else to rip the musics and sprites for me(Oh and take pictures of Racer beating up Shiro/Pretty)
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Man it's dead.. so anyone knows how to run the PCSX2?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
Man it's dead.. so anyone knows how to run the PCSX2?

That's Bomberman Board for you. Sorry if it isn't bustling with life or anything, but there are times when you could go for a good week or two without any posts. As of late though it's been much more active.

And I don't really run emulation much these days, and I never even tried a PS2 one, so I can't really help you there. I'm sure someone here has though.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Ahh nuts.. I want to take some shots of Bomberman Land 2 to get those 4 Koma translated and some opening shots (The latter is impossible with a regular camera cause the scene is moving) to mess around with
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I found out that Bomberman Land 2 is not compatible with PCSX2. Ah nuts...
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Diddn't have any space to take my PS2 with me when i moved house, but i got this for my old iBook

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/connectix-virtual-game-station

Probably the most capable emulator i've used for Fantasy Race, altho i did use an actual commercial disk for it
Biggest obvious drawback is its for System 9 but i think theres a Windoze iteration out there somewhere
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Does anyone know how to get that menu that pops up after you finish a race to actually appear on Fantasy Race? I can hear its sounds but it's very hard to navigate without looking at it. I end up restarting a race that I won etc.. :xeyes: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2098s
Index - Back to Top