Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Gundam Wing
[Replies: 9]  [Views: 3987]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Has anyone here heard or watched Gundam Wing? It's a show that's part of the Mobile Gundam series that's after Mobile Fight G Gundam. It's about a war Earth and the colonies in space and the five Gundam pilots try to protect Earth.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I honestly think the real question here is who hasn't heard of Gundam?

But yeah, I heard of it. Used to play it on Toonami I think a long time ago. Never watched it, not interested in Wing really either (One sword swipe destroys an entire squad of robots? Come on...). I've been moderately interested in some of the older series though.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, the truth is that I'm more into the mecha anime, rather than stuff like magical girl like Sailor Moon, even though I liked that show when I was younger. I admit that the beginning of the show is a little confusing, but then it kind of makes sense as you go along. I actually haven't even finished that show, like episode 16 out of 48 :cry: 
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, Sailor Moon was actually one of the first anime I watched. That and Dragon Ball Z (kind of liked DBZ up until the Freiza saga, then it became too dumb to tolerate). I still kind of like Sailor Moon today (yeah, I'm a dude who likes Sailor Moon, deal with it).

I've been interested in mecha anime for a while now, but I haven't really found anything that I've been wanting to see. If that makes any sense. But yeah, as I said, I'm interested in some of the other Gundam series. The ones where the Gundams aren't so ridiculously powerful.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
mrzisawesome
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 am  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Has anyone here heard or watched Gundam Wing? It's a show that's part of the Mobile Gundam series that's after Mobile Fight G Gundam. It's about a war Earth and the colonies in space and the five Gundam pilots try to protect Earth.

Gundam wing is AWESOME
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I know a lot of guys that watch and enjoy Sailor Moon, like my friend. Few years ago we were watching Sailor Moon together. Like I said, I love Gundam Wing, and I don't care if the robots are so unbelievably powerful and stuff. I especially love the Gundam boys, they're just so cute. :3 And yes, I'm IN LOVE with the Gundam boys, mainly Trowa in particular, but the others are still hot. Just deal with it. There's actually a lot of girls that are in love with them too surprisingly.

@mrzisawesome have you heard of the hilarious Gundam Wing site Heero is Not Toast? It's a really funny site that was made way back in 2001 and states like, Heero is not toast...and here's why. Here's the link to it:

Heero is Not Toast
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 am  Reply with quote + 
I watched a bit of Gundam Wing back in the day when it was on toonami, it seemed interesting enough, but was at a ludicrous time. I have no intent to watch it though as it violates my rule of not watching long animes (longest anime I've seen was monster, and that took a GREAT deal of convincing from my anime source).
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey fireball, how was Monster? I've heard a lot of great things about that show, but I haven't seen any of it.

The longest show I've watched in recent years is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's an amazing 110 episode long space opera OVA. It does not drag out at all and there's tons of awesome characters. It deals a lot with tragedies of war, goes deep into tactics, the characters relationships, and Politics and political corruption.

Sailor Moon was one of my first shows as well and is still among my favorites today. I've properly rewatched Sailor Moon, R, and S in recent years. I actually have not watched Super S or Sailor Stars yet.

As for Gundam, I recently watched the first movie that covers the original series at a buddy's house. From what he told me it covers about 14 episodes of the original series. It's pretty good so far. Definitely looking forward to checking out more and eventually watching 0083, the first Gundam series I saw a few episodes of. I was actually never crazy about Wing though.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Monster was a pretty great show, and I finished it in a few weeks of marathon watching, it starts off a tad slow for my tates, but really after the first 8 or so episodes it becomes clearly the best in its genre... though I really can't think of many other good thriller animes.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I haven't seen the rest of the Gundam series yet. I might though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2005s
Index - Back to Top