no
 11%  [ 2 ]
undecided
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes: 17

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#61  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:26 am  Reply with quote + 
lol, What's going on here? Is everyone somehow missing this thread? We need some more input here. I'm particular surprised you haven't said anything yourself Razon, I only say that seeing as how you wiped the dust off the topic. Did you have any ideas or suggestions?

As for what it is exactly we'd be doing at thsi event i can't really imagine it'd be a set schedule. it'd probably be more laid back and relaxed. Everyone could just bring tons of gaming/anime shit and we could just wing it from there. We'd have a central table to hang out, eat/drink and chat and then perhaps various tvs and systems set up around the sides of the room/rooms and depending on who's interested in what we can kind of branch off and do whatever and float around. Of course the first hour or so would probably go something like everyone introducing themselves and talking over lunch. From there we'd do whatever.

I've got plenty of multiplayer shit I could bring with me bomberman and other games alike. Perhaps we could set up some tournaments too for various games.
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#62  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Missing a thread. Makes me wonder if anyone from SA or other serious business forums ever thought to get a tattoo of a forum thread name or forum section. Total LOL right there.

Same boat for me. I could bring tons of things. If only being bomberman fans gave us a super power so we could teleport around. Then we could not only meet up but get into all sorts of mischief. Unless said magical power was limited in scope.
Bomberjack

Post#63  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Same boat for me. I could bring tons of things. If only being bomberman fans gave us a super power so we could teleport around. Then we could not only meet up but get into all sorts of mischief. Unless said magical power was limited in scope.

Unless the scope was like half an inch it'd still prove itself incredibly useful. I'd say with the ability to just go threw doors like they were nothing would make me take up theft... but doors have never been much of a stopping force anyway and I haven't started stealing yet.

I've got no money so I really couldn't go to anything organized and I've got no things to bring that wouldn't already be covered by people with real collections... so I've not had much to input.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#64  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
So you guys are basically in the "can't travel far and can't contribute funds" boat but would probably be interested in going if it were fairly close to you and won't be much of a financial strain.

I mean if finances are only a temporary issue you currently have you could still consider going since we're probably looking at the earliest late 2010 or even 2011 sometime. Assuming we get on the ball and get all our information in order and discuss possible locations as quickly as we can.

Money is a temporary issue for me. I recently lost my car and am now putting money into a new one. There's Xmas on the way. I also have Anime Boston in the spring, though AB is an event I go to annually and is usually mostly covered by my tax returns so that on its own is not an issue but I'm also planning on hitting Otakon in Maryland Next summer.

Is that an event anyone here would be interested in going to?

July 30th-August 1st, 2010
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

After all those things are taken care of I can start putting money aside for an offline meeting if we're really gonna plan this out. I've been working a lot of extra hours at my job since I totaled my car and am pulling in more of a cash flow now so hopefully I can get all these things squared away by the beginning of summer.

Let me know what you guys think of Otakon as well. I'd be interested in some meet ups there though depending on the schedule they might be one shots and/or short meetups. If I've got holes in my schedule while I'm there I could probably do lunch or dinner or something. *shrug*
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#65  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
... but doors have never been much of a stopping force anyway

Whaaat?! Doors have always been a stopping force for me, I never know when you're supposed to push them, or pull them, or if they only open from the other side, and often I end up walking straight into them, especially if they're all glass and I can't tell that they're there. One time I got so frustrated with a door that I punched straight through it, but then a bunch of coins jumped out and tried to murder me.

Oh yeah, Dragon, if you're looking into teleportation, I hear Dr. Gasket has something of the like, and if fireball has the inclination to steal something...

Crap, now I have to post something on topic. Well, again, I agree with Reggie that there shouldn't be a real strict schedule, but that's just my advice since I don't know when I'd even be able to attend one of these.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#66  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
fireball87 wrote:
... but doors have never been much of a stopping force anyway

Whaaat?! Doors have always been a stopping force for me, I never know when you're supposed to push them, or pull them

Your right, that has been an issue... I was actually talking about the locks on the doors more then the doors themselves :P
Razon
Board Admin

Post#67  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
We need some more input here. I'm particular surprised you haven't said anything yourself Razon, I only say that seeing as how you wiped the dust off the topic. Did you have any ideas or suggestions?

Of course just been a bit busy, so I'm getting around to posting this now.

I'll list off my opinions and ideas for it by category.

When:
As all of these years have gone by and it's become more realistic for the board members to do this, since it seems many will start being able to it by sometime in 2010- mid 2011 seems like a good choice for when we do it. As that would give people extra time to prepare for it and be more set to go, financially and in whatever other ways. The way it looks I doubt that we wouldn't be able to pull our first meetup off before 2012, we're definitely approaching it. As for the month and day, it would be what's best for people and so that we can get as many as possible to be able to come to it.

Travelling & Location:
Location wise it should be at the most convenient spot for the participating people to travel to, say for the one in america if everyone was spread out through america- then we should choose a place in the middle of the country. This so the travel is a relatively even distance for everyone. Though depending on wether people will be flying or driving should also be taken into consideration, since there will surely be people both driving and flying and the times each take will be quite different. Day 0 - People who are driving should probably leave in the morning if it will take all day to get to the location, and those who are flying should leave mid day perhaps. This way everyone everyone will arrive around night, some would be tired after a long travel. Thus everyone can get a hotel and be fully rested for the next morning, some could meet each other at night and everyone can in the morning when we all gather somewhere. Day 1 - Alternate to staying at a hotel for day 0, those that are flying could alternately leave on plane in early morning instead on this day. Though you wouldn't want to get arrive late due to flight delays, those that are close could just drive starting in early morning and arrive in the morning too.

How long:
It being a day or two long is what we'll likely do, if everyone comes day 0 then we'd have the entire next day or two for whatever we want to do. Then everyone can leave the morning after the last day of the meetup, so staying in a hotel for 2-3 days pretty much. It would be understandable if some couldn't stay for the entire thing depending on how long we choose to make it, though people should be able to set a day or two aside for this- considering it's not like we do this often.

Place:
If we can at least get enough people coming for sure, then finding a good convention hall or whatever we'd need would be good, the person managing hosting the event may want to scout the area out ahead of time- I can handle managing of the american meetup. As for meeting at something like an anime or game fest if there aren't enough people, I'm not sure about that- never been to one myself as of yet. That certainly seems like something mainly for people who are close by other members to do, or just happen to be going to the same event. If we barely have anyone to go then it probably wouldn't be much of a meetup, I don't think an anime or game event is the place to do it at.

Events:
Needless to say multiplayer bomberman is definitely on the list, to get together with a big group of people and play bomberman seems like it would be a great experience. 8 player or more matches, I could modify my bomberman project to support however many we need- so could have a huge bomberman match. At first we'd probably all meetup and introduce ourselves, all talk and get to know each other like mentioned- over a breakfast or the sort. Then move on to gaming or whatever else we want to do, there's surely loads of games people have to recommend for this. Lunch seems like a good time to socialize, I'm sure lots of time will be spent talking and such throughout the entire meetup, if we choose a tourist type location then we could go out in a group and take in the sights and such as well. Gaming wise people who have the needed games and consoles and such would bring them, we can make a list of who brings what and such.

Budget:
Well this is something that can more so be discussed later, shouldn't cost that much to get some kind of banquet area or place for this. Obvious that everyone would take care of their own travelling and hotel fees. Food wise we could just hire a chef, probably cheaper then what the place we'd have the meetup at would offer price wise.

Definitely look forward to meeting with everyone after all of these years, wonder how many we can actually get to come for this.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#68  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what you said. I think 1 or 2 days for the actual meet up is good and getting there a night early will be the best bet for those who have a longer trip.

If you'd like to manage the meeting that's cool with me Razon. I'd be happy to help you out and if there's anything you'd like to discuss with me feel free to grab me on AIM or MSN. I'm on a lot but I can tend to be Idle but I will get back to any messages I see. It might just be better for you to use PMs instead. If we wanna do the Northeast I'd be cool with scoping out a place for us in Massachusetts (Perhaps the Boston area?) and making arrangements or at least get an idea of pricing and such. Of course, that's a ways off since we can't consider/decide where till we know who really wants to come for sure and base it on those members' availability.

The main reasons I figured a convention would be good is if only a few people can go and they don't want to shell out even more dough arranging a banquet facility. They could just do lunch/dinner on their own instead cheaper. Also A con would be good if someone decides to drop out last minute. That way you're not stuck somewhere with nothing to do. You at least have that convention to enjoy if no one showed up.

As for events and entertainment. Yeah there's definitely tons of shit we can do. I've got a Saturn and Saturn Bomberman which is a great game we could play for hours at 8 or 10 players. We could also do Smash bros and tons of other games anyone may wanna bring. I love Mario Kart and also 2D Fighting games. Guilty Gear, Marvel VS Capcom etc. Maybe we could organize our own little Bomberman Tournament or league and we could throw in a little prize or something to sweeten the deal. lol

I'll add a list of things I can bring to my info on page 1. I wouldn't drag all that shit with me but that's what would be available so if someone else is bringing something I'll leave it behind and take what isn't being offered by anyone.

I keep getting excited when we talk about this but then I'm stuck waiting for more responses from people. lol, I know it's tough to get things off the ground but once we all start getting into this it'll take off in no time!
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#69  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
BombermanBoard rules for Saturn Bomberman should be:

1. No characters with extra abilities.
2. 8 players, and definetly games of 4 vs. 4. I cant remember if it allows 2 vs. 2 vs. 2, but that would be cool. 10 players sucks, even on a bigscreen.
3. Jumping off of your dinasaur to avoid the death of yourself and your dinasaur is not allowed.
4. Soccer with arrows - that is as good as it gets on the saturn. No reason to fool around with the desert, outer space, jungle, etc. Maybe a few games of the basic level set to start with no blocks.
5. 3:00 mintutes, no draw.
6. Dead guys do not hover around the edges (cant even remember if that is an option on the Saturn. I hate guys hovering around the edges very much.)

I probably will not come. I have no money and do not have much free time.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#70  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Ha ha, you seem to have a very specific set of rules made for a tournament that may not even happen and you probably wouldn't even attend anyway.

A tournament would depend on how many people we get to come for sure.

As for rules? Team battles would be fun to play but we would probably only do one tourny so we'd decide on one set of rules either free for all or teams. I don't think we'd likely set up two separate tournies. We could certainly switch between teams and singles for fun!

1. I don't even think the Saturn Bomberman characters had extra abilities. They were all the same as far as I remember.
2. Yes the 8 player is superior to the 9 or 10 but we still might do some 9 or 10 if we have that many people to play it.
3. lol, why? If you were able to get that dino first and you're able to save yourself by timing that jump properly whats the big deal? You earned that extra hit.
4. I can't really remember the soccer fields quirks but we can certainly play any field we'd like for fun and variety. tournament would probably all be basic course.
5. This rule doesn't bother me.
6. I agree with this as well, although I can't remember if its an option or not either. I'll check my copy at some point to see.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#71  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Saturn Bomberman Bonus Battle Game Characters
For two new battle game characters, hold L + R on the first screen that appears when you enter Battle Mode. The characters are Yuna, a very fast girl with Bomb Boot and Manto, a bear with Power Glove.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#72  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ahhh, I see. I never even knew that there were secret characters! Cool.
Ok well yeah, they wouldn't be fair for tournament play obviously.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#73  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Hello again ladies and gents!

Here's I believe my 3rd attempt at revamping this topic seeing as how I was cruising through the old topics feeling nostalgic again.

I have a few proposals to possibly get this discussion rolling again for real.

Seeing as we have the newer chat feature maybe we could arrange times to gather up some interested members for longer, in depth discussions with each other and use this topic as more of a place to store our ideas and information.

People that have interest can still post their basic opinions and information regarding your status can still use this topic as well. The chat feature would definitely be helpful in generating some real discussion though since we'd all be there in real time to respond to each other quickly.

My financial situation has been shitty lately but my original information is mostly the same I'd just have to carefully budget my money to save up over time. We originally seemed hopeful about getting farther along then we have before 2012 but now the new year is right around the corner and I'm kinda bummed out we haven't come up with anything more yet.

Now more then ever I think we can really achieve something here. A couple years ago when we last discussed this somewhat seriously there were still a lot of financial issues for people which probably still exist but it all comes down to long-term planning and budgeting your funds. A lot of people were also in college or school. I imagine a lot of those people are close to finished their schooling now or may even be finished already.

So I bump this topic feeling hopeful. Let's hear the current opinions of our active crew and consider a meet up time to hop on the chat. I'm almost always available past 10pm US eastern time. If you guys have any preferred times I can figure out when I'm available and try to get in on it.

I'm probably not the greatest candidate for taking up the helm and leading this but I'd like to do whatever I can to help out.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#74  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm still interested in doing this, but like you, my budget has been less then kind to me lately.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#75  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
I really would like to meet all of you, but sadly I live in Germany and it's not easy getting on money because of the crises we have here. Currently we all need to save money as much as it's possible.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#76  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm still not sure if I would be in attendance, but I suppose it can't hurt to list any potentially relevant info I might have.

I live in Missouri, USA.

If I were to go, I might bring a second person. I've never travelled alone, nor have I flown before (crazy, huh?) so this is one of my bigger issues. I sort of doubt my ability to get somewhere far away in one piece on my own.

Depending on the distance (and thus my mode of travel), I could bring a selection of games (and the necessary console equipment) if other attendants so desired. I might not bring things if I were to fly.

Weekends are probably my best time.

As for the chat, it's kind of sporadic for me because some days I'm busy, and some days I'm not so busy. I could probably show up in the chat at 10pm eastern/9pm central on most nights.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#77  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
alright. I'll try popping on the chat around 10pm the next few nights and see what we can bring to the table for discussion.

I think the biggest issue and the most important one to figure out will be an optimal location that we can get as many interested people to be willing to go to. So figuring out who's willing to go where should be priority one. I'm pretty open minded as I've mentioned so I'm willing to go most anywhere. The farther and/or more expensive it is the longer it will take me to prepare but that is all.

So we should start with the willing to travel information. How far can you go? We'll try to do the best we can to get optimal choices but a number of us will have to compromise and travel a bit further then others. So the obvious bets would be the regions of the country that have the most interested members be it the southwest usa or northeast usa or whatever.

Then once we've reached an agreement on a general area. be it a state or whathaveyou, we can start doing some research on banquet halls/restaurants to host the main event at and gather up hotel information for people that need it and so on. Then once we've done the research to determine and estimate of needed funds we can talk about the time we'll need to gather money and resources for it and can start talknig about the date.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#78  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
With what information we've gathered so far, it would seem that most of the attendants would be located on the East coast, so presumably the location would be in that area.

It would take me about a day (not including spending the night somewhere) to drive to, say, Massachusetts, for example, but I wouldn't want the location to be moved westward much if all other attendants are so close to each other on the coast. Wouldn't want to make things more difficult for everyone else just on account of one person.

So yeah, I'm thinking somewhere on the East coast is the most logical place given the home locations that have been provided thus far.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#79  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
At the given time that looks to be the case but we'll have to see who else wants in per say. But yes that would be the idea. Hold it in the place where the most people are centrally located.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#80  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:15 am  Reply with quote + 
I live in central Kansas, I probably wouldn't be willing to be split from my precious money though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 5 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3188s
Index - Back to Top