no
 11%  [ 2 ]
undecided
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes: 17

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#41  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I might like to go but it would have to be sometime I'm out of the house. My parents would not like this... I wouldn't want to delay it for everyone as I'd like all of you to have fun but it'd be 2 years before I could do this.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#42  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Well if we ever did get around to do it then I'd normally be free, my schedule is flexible. This topic is a bit old, maybe make a new topic for it if we were going to sticky it- with detailed plans and maybe an idea of when we would actually have it. Otherwise it doesn't seem like we'd ever get around to do it, many of the members are getting older now- so it's become more possible then before.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#43  Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 am  Reply with quote + 
If any of you good people are near Charlotte by any stretch of the imagination, or can drive a couple hours to get here, friends and I may be having a small Bomberman throwdown in June. A buddy returns for a week before deploying to Iraq, so we are probably going to have two TVs going with consoles. A 30 something CRT and my 32" HDTV. One will be Sega Saturn, and PS2/other console will be going on the other display. No data yet on when, but when I know more I will modify this post.

I finished rebuying some Saturn pads this month, and will round out my PS2 pads before then. This has been mentioned several times now, but I know people have different reading patterns. :peace: 
Bomberman

Post#44  Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Now that some time's passed and I'm a bit older I could easily see myself attending this. Any news as to where and when we'd concider doing it?

I'd prefer the east coast btw. Also, it would be cool if we could have a Bomberman tournament when we met, but I'd have to be at the top of my game to have a chance :D It would be fun no matter who won though... On the topic of activities, do we have anything planned what to do when we meet?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#45  Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well after deciding on a location, someone from that area would have to figure out where exactly we could do it. If someone has a big house that they'd be willing to have people over in that'd be cool and alot cheaper but I can imagine alot of people might not be comfortable with that. It is possible we could make a reservation for a hall or something at a lounge/hotel/restaurant but then we'd all need to pitch in some money to get that rolling. I'm open to discussionand perhaps putting in some contribution of $$$ but I probably won't be able to go anywhere till late this year or maybe even next year.

I'm currently in the process of saving up money so I can move out on my own. My hour long commute to work each way everyday in addition to the 3rd shift lifestyle is killing me. I miss my friends and the convenience of living in northern Rhode Island and knowing where everything is as opposed to western Massachusetts.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#46  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd show up myself, but I've got a few problems.
1: I'm only 15.
2: I live in Tallmadge, Ohio. Technically its not a problem, but I don't know anyone else who might live there.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#47  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:15 am  Reply with quote + 
It's going to take a lot of planning and it has be handled properly to insure any and attendees' safety and enjoyment at the convention. As of right now (Jul, 15 2009), there aren't any plans for one yet, it's still a vision nearly everyone here shares I'm sure.

Sure everyone is getting older and are getting more and more responsibilities and privileges, but this is something that none of us has actually done before, so this won't be an easy thing to pull.

Quote:
On the topic of activities, do we have anything planned what to do when we meet?

I am fairly certain that a Bman Con would function like any other Con... I don't know how many will actually attend though. That's what really worries me.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#48  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, well I'm not really aiming for anything as grand as a convention. I was thinking moreso soemthing like renting a banquet room at a restaurant and setting up some videogames in there for 1 afternoon/evening. We could just chat, play games and eat. Even that would probably be a great time!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#49  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Don't rightly know that we'd have enough people for a convention anyway, or any strangers to walk in... but you've got to admit, a Bomberman-Con would be pretty awesome.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#50  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol a convention would be neat, not that there would be a crazy lot to do. you could obviously have you game room and tournaments. then you could do a video room marthoning Jetters. I can't think of much else decides maybe a discussion panel or 2, and some people dealing bomberman swag.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#51  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
A convention is a good idea, but like Dark Zaphe said, we might not have enough people to start one. I mean, look around, I rarely see any Bomberman fans. But still, if there were a convention, I'd finally have somewhere to show off my moves in Bomberman Hero and Bomberman 64.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#52  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Speaking of conventions couldn't we if we really wanted a meet up hold it at a standard Games Convention... making it sortof a 2 for 1 for whoever decides to go. Arranging an unofficial extension to a convention may be a tad easier then a full scale event. I don't know though, I likely can't go either way, and I certainly won't be able to help in the arrangements.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#53  Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I believe we mentioned that much earlier in the topic, like a year ago. I go to Anime Boston every year. I'm also gonna be going to Connecticon at the end of this month. If anyone goes to these cons or is interesting in doing so, we might be able to arrange a meeting.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#54  Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I believe we mentioned that much earlier in the topic, like a year ago. I go to Anime Boston every year. I'm also gonna be going to Connecticon at the end of this month. If anyone goes to these cons or is interesting in doing so, we might be able to arrange a meeting.

Curses, I've read all of this I swear _ _. I'm just cursed with a horrible memory... and prolly need to re-read the topic since it's been awhile. *sigh*
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#55  Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, sorry dood. I'm just a board bum. I remember almost everything, particularly in topics I'm interested in.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#56  Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Many of us have wanted to do an IRL get together for quite a long time, and we have gotten much older which has made this more possible.

But it's at the point where it seems unless a good amount of us who are interested in going gather in a chat and discuss and set down the plans of when, how, where, as well as everything that we'd do- then it doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. We should at least have an idea of what year we want to do this in, are there still enough people interested?

We could always have more then 1 too, make it a yearly or bi-yearly event if it goes well. That way members who are younger then or who couldn't participate, could possibly participate in the next one and it doesn't have to be delayed for anyone- and no-one has to miss out.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#57  Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
While I don't believe I would be able to make it to one of these things (simply because of traveling), I'd like to put my few cents in on a couple of the issues in making something like this happen.

As for the question of Where: First of all, we would need to know from what country the majority of attendees would be. If we have, say, two significant groups (say, one group in America and one in Europe), then possibly the best solution would be to have two separate events: An America Bomberman Meeting and a Euro Bomberman Meeting. I cannot rightly remember where most of you are from, but I'm pretty sure there's a split here. This would be a bit more fair to people who cannot travel overseas so easily, though there will always be some left out due to scattered locations.

After that matter is settled, probably the best solution would be to pick a location that is about the same distance to travel for all parties. I'm not saying that this is acutely possible, but such a guesstimate can be easily made when you're looking at a map. Furthermore, it should probably be somewhere that at least someone is familiar with. Both of these factors should be taken into account, and naturally we'd be favoring one of these factors (familiarity or distance), but rationally a place could be decided upon.

As for the question of What: I'm guessing that most people attending this meeting would not be solely interested in Bomberman. After all, the idea is just to meet each other. However, with the common interest in Bomberman and video games, it might be a good idea to have some multiplayer games that everyone is interested in. That would be the starting point; the activities need to be based around a common interest of some sort. My suggestion is for everyone who would like to attend to discuss what their interests are that multiple people could participate in (games, movies, bank robbery, punting rodents, whatever).

However, to make the whole thing run more smoothly, there should not be a strict schedule. Again, the point is for everyone to get to meet each other in person. It should be very informal, more like hanging out with friends than going to a tournament or business meeting. Rather, there should be the decided-upon activities readily available at or near the meeting site, and if there is a list of things to do, then it should be flexible.

After these points are addressed, then and only then should the "How" and "When" factors be taken into consideration, in that order. Assuming that you meant "How" as in "How will people get there."

That's just my take on this. If it seems rough, it's because I didn't go back over it, and that is because it's just meant to be advice.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#58  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm still very much interested in one day doing this. If there's anything we need to discuss I'm up for it. I check the board at leats every 2-3 days so I'll keep an eye on the topic.

Some of my input that I've previously mentioned is that when we decide the state or city we are to do it in, which as Zaphe said should be an area where at least one of us is familier with the local places and they could be put in charge of making the arrangements.

- My suggestion would be to pick out a restaurant or something where you can get a private room of a good size for banquets or parties. Then we can all pitch in toward the price. We could perhaps all pitch in the money by sending cash through paypal to said host who will make some kind of an account for this event.

- Everyone that is still interested please state your own location, how far you are willing to travel, and anything else you feel should be known, perhaps what kind of a cash contribution you can make toward the arrangements, when you think you'd be available for attending this event (or more appropriately how soon), if you'd be up for picking other people up on your way to the event if you plan to drive? Stuff like that. Then I'll update my first post in this topic with all that info for our reference and from there we can start discussing a suitable location.

As for me this shall be my info.

-Regulus' Info-

My Location - Rhode Island, USA

Will travel - Most likely anywhere in the USA maybe even overseas depending on date and money needed. If in the US, I shall drive as far as the middle of the country and may be willing to pick up others (that would not be too far out of my way) but probably not many since I'll only have a passenger car and I personally know a couple people whom are members of this board that may like to come. My brother SSJ-Sonic and my cousin Dark Elf (though he's not much of a poster) may like to go. If I have to go any farther then the middle of the country I'll probably just take a plane instead, (like if we did it in California, I'd take a plane instead)

Financial/Arrangements - Though I doubt the Rhode Island/Massachusetts area would be our meeting place, if it is I'd be willing to help/make the arrangements perhaps in conjuction with my bro and cousin if they are interested. If we do it somehwere else, which will most likely be the case I'd still be happy to contribute some money toward the event. I could probably save up a couple hundred bucks and may also get some cash from the other 2 I know (again if they are interested) there's no way only a 1 or 2 or even 3 of us should be fronting the whole bill so this is gonna be an important aspect to consider.

When I can go - I have a few financial burdons at this popint in time. I recently lost my car and need to focus on getting a new one but I'm thinking late 2010 may be the earliest i could consider going to this.

If any of this info changes I'll let everyone know and update the reference post.

Should we do this successfully I'll definely love to do it again anually or bi-annually and I believe that it will be that much easier to plan later events should we do our first one successfully.

Razon is right! We gotta get to discussing this with more effort if we wanna see it happen which I'm sure some of us would like to!

So post that info if you're interested. You don't need to give an exact location just a general area like a state so the rest of us can take it into consideration and discuss it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#59  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm still interested in this, although as of right now, it's definitely not a possibility. But maybe in the future it'd be more likely for me.

-SSJ-Sonic's Info-

My Location - Massachusetts, USA (although I know more about Rhode Island, USA; amusingly enough)

Will travel - Depends on my finical situations and/or other factors (if I'll get a ride via my bro or something, have a car with a GPS (no way in hell am I going out to completely unknown territory without one lol), etc.) But assuming all is will, I could drive about halfway across the US I thinks. And if in California or something, then I'd probably just fly.

Financial/Arrangements - Pretty much the same deal as Regulus.

When I can go - Considering I don't have a job yet, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a stable job, I'm not so sure. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'd say probably by mid-late 2010 is when I'd be able to do this.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I understand the cash situation and practical reality of not being able to go far for events. I have only ever been to one game-related meeting at all, despite being in some collector communities since 1996. I went to this small NJ meeting called NAVA in Howell. Drove up with some collectors from VA I know online, though at the time I was visiting one of them in Virginia Beach, so it was mostly the drive from VA to NJ. I was just along for the ride though.

There are a ton of anime cons and gaming conventions I could easily go to and setup either tables to sell stuff I could unload for cash, or setup a Bomberman display/gaming room. I have been tempted to try and assist a guy online I know from PA for his event, since it generally has no bomberman at all, but that'd cost a pretty penny. I also don't want my stuff stolen, and the money factor keeps me home. Being married drains most of my disposable income and we are not even on our own yet, still live with the mother-in-law. :cry: 

If I ever visit my relatives in MA or my friend from highschool in RI I will make sure to PM you guys up there first, should we manage a gaming night or whatever. Sadly any of the NC/SC people here are pretty quiet outside my jabbering noisy self. TN/GA are not far away, but it depends where you are going really. Even VA is not far from here, yet some drives I don't ever want to make. Then you add hotel stay and expense cash, and that plan burns up to dust. I have yet to hit my VA peeps, or my brother who is in the same general area. Driving for 5 hours is blah but do-able. Sadly my bro's house is in sad shape while he works on it around his naval duties. So a Norfolk/VA Beach run is out until he gets that sorted. We drive to TN every few months, but outside of my wife's father right over the NC border and two friends in Knoxville, there are not many places for us to stay for free. My buddy there in Knoxville would be down for bomberman though I'm sure.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 5 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1987s
Index - Back to Top