Users browsing this topic: 3 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks! ^_^
I'm getting more used to this translating business. Though, I'm still clueless on those parts that I mentioned. And parts of the SB3 manga. But, I guess I'll figure it out.

As for fonts, I don't know. I found a few recommendations for manga fonts, which were

Anime Ace
Augie
Dupuy
Manga Temple

Sound Effects:
TrashHand
WhizBang

Though I don't know, none of those seem to resemble the style of the original text. Except perhaps TrashHand would work for the panel with Shiro's red text. Although, hey, the text for "BOSS" on the Normal Mode pages looks -just- like Bauhaus '93, but I suppose that text is supposed to stand out from the rest on the page, so let's not use that. Initially I was using David for the regular text and Impact for titles (such as Normal Mode, Stage 1 - First Star, etc). I'll be keeping the colors of the text the same regardless of what font I use.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
You could always create your own font to use for it, for the Subtle style BombermanBoard logo text I used a font that I created- I recommend FontCreator. http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm... I might look into that... Never made a real font before, but we'll see where it leads.

On a side note, I was working on the page for First Star from SB3 but forgot about it or something, anyway I'll edit this post and update with it when I'm done (or mostly), unless of course someone else posts. I'll be working between these two manuals for the time being.

EDIT:

Super Bomberman 3
First world and information has been translated.

Page 16

ノ-マルステ-ジ
NORMAL STAGE

Stage 1 - モソモソ スタ - First Star; "Somosomo" is "first place"

密林のジャングルに
覆われた緑の惑星.
一面が湿地帯で, 水
辺が好な敵キャラ
が多く出現するぞ.
Green planet covered in jungle. There is a swamp belt around the surface, many enemy characters appear here.

[[トラップ ]]
[[Traps]]

ジャングル
Jungle
大が密生してい
て, この下のボンバ-マンや敵キ
ャラが見えなくなってしまう.
Large and thickly grown, Bomberman and enemy characters are hidden under it.

[[敵キャラ]]
[[Enemy Characters]]

グエ-ル - Gueru (Frog Monster; perhaps "Gueru" has something to do with sound effects?)
跳ね回り, 空中
にいる間は爆風
に当たらない.
Jumps around, while in the sky it cannot be hit by a blast.

トレント - Trent (Tree Monster)
近づくまで,
ソフトブロッ
クの木に化け
ている.
Until you get near, it is transformed into a soft block tree.

BOSS) バケロン/搭乗者:マグネツトボンバ-
BOSS) Bakeron/Passenger: Magnet Bomber

* For clarification:
バケロン
Bakeron ("Bakeru" is to appear in disguise.)
マグネツトボンバ-
Magnet Bomber

ボスバケロンは変化攻撃で攻めてくる. バケロンが投げ
つけてくる葉っぱに触れると, ボンバ
-マンは [ウサギ] になって爆弾はボ-ナスアイ
テムの [リンゴ]
に変化する. 自ら
も狐火に変化して
ボンバ-マンを追
い回すぞ.
Boss Bakeron attacks with an offensive transformation technique. When things touch the leaves that Bakeron throws, they endure odd transformations, Bomberman becomes a rabbit, and bombs become the apple item. It itself transforms into a will-o'-the-wisp and chases Bomberman.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Super Bomberman 3
Second world information has been translated.

Page 17

Stage 2 - アチアチ スタ- Mine Star (Achiachi Suta, "Achi" is "Mine")

炎が飛び交う灼熱の火
山惑星. 爆風に強い敵
キャラや, 炎を身にま
とった危険な敵キャラ
がたくさん現われる.
Volcanic planet where fire flies about. There are stronger and more blast resilient enemies, and many dangerous enemy characters appear in this firey place.

[[トラップ ]]
[[Traps]]

火山
Volcano
火山弾を発射し, 影がで
きる場所に落下してくる. 当たるとミス.
Discharges volcano bombs, they fall to the places where the shadows are positioned. To be hit is a mistake.

プロミネンス
Prominence
火山の間を行き交う炎
だが, 触れてもミスにはならない.
This flame comes and goes between volcanos, touching it is not a mistake.

* Note: This above part is talking about the special effects where fireballs cross over between hard block volcanos.

トロッコ
Trolley/Rail Car
ボンバ-マンが乗ると走
り出し, 線路上の障害物や敵を破壊する.
When Bomberman rides in it it starts running, obstacles and enemies on the track are destroyed.

[[敵キャラ]]
[[Enemy Characters]]

ロックン - Rockun (False Rock monster)
ソフトブロック
に化けていて近
づくと現われる.
Appearing in the form of a soft block, when you get near it becomes visible.

グレイン - Gurein (Flame monster)
炎を放ち爆弾を
誘爆させる.
Fire is released that can detonate bombs.

BOSS) ドッガ-ン/搭乗者:ゴ-レムボンバ-
BOSS) Doggan/Passenger: Golem Bomber

* For clarification:

ドッガ-ン
Doggan (Not sure on the meaning of this one, he's the volcano boss, though it's awfully close to "Dogun", the first boss of SB4)
ゴ-レムボンバ-
Golem Bomber

火山弾をまき散らしたり, 火炎放射な
どの攻撃を仕掛けてくる手強い奴だ.
また壁を揺らしてボン
バ-マンの動きを止め
にかかったりするの
で, 爆弾の設置場所に
は十分注意しよう.
Scatters volcanic projectiles, attacks with strong flamethrower techniques. He also shakes the walls, because Bomberman's movement will stop it is important to pay adequate attention to the placement of bombs.

EDIT 6/23/09: Third world information has been translated.

Page 18

Stage 3 - ブクブク スタ- Bukubuku Suta - Bubble Star, "bukubuku" is a sound of bubbling

一面を海に囲まれた
美しい星. しかしこ
こでも, 海底に棲息
する敵キャラがボン
バ-マンに迫る!
Beautiful star where the sea covers the whole surface. But even here, enemy characters that inhabit the bottom of the sea draw near Bomberman!

[[トラップ ]]
[[Traps]]

海 流
Ocean current
2つの渦巻きの
間を通過すると回転している方向
に勢いよくはじき出される.
When you pass between these 2 whirlpools, you are driven out with great momentum in the direction they are rotating.

[[敵キャラ]]
[[Enemy Characters]]

シ-バル-ン - Sibaloon/Seaballoon (Octopus)
砂に潜って爆
風から逃れた
り, スミを吐
いて画面を一
定時間薄暗くしたりする.
Dives into the sand to escape from blasts, spits ink and makes the screen dim for a fixed time.

* Note: Let me know your opinions on this enemy's name. Yeah I'd say "Seaballoon" but there is a Karabon from Bomberman Tournament/Story named "Sibaloon", and it sort of takes a route like a Makoknight/Serkol when they named Devil Bomber "Evil Bomber" in their Bomberman GB3 translation, since his name was "cleaned up" as such in the official translation of Bomberman Hero.

フィッシャ-マン - Fish-man (Spear wielding enemy)
ボンバ-マン
めがけて槍を
投げて攻撃し
てくる. 爆風
を2回当てないと倒せない.
Aims at Bomberman and attacks by throwing a spear. It must take a blast 2 times to be defeated.

BOSS) ガメプク/搭乗者:プリテイ-ボンバ-
BOSS) Bubble Turtle/Passenger: Pretty Bomber

For clarification:
ガメプク
Bubble Turtle

プリテイ-ボンバ-
Pretty Bomber

ボスガメブクは体にためている水を発射しボンバ-マン
や爆弾を押し流してしまう. また, 噴出する水蒸気に捕ま
るとボンバ-マン
の動きが鈍くなっ
てしまう. そのう
え空中を移動し,
移動中は爆風は当
たらないぞ.
Boss Bubble Turtle discharges water stored in its body that washes away Bomberman and bombs. Also, when Bomberman is caught in the steam it spews his movement becomes sluggish. Furthermore it moves through the air, while moving blasts do not hit it.

* Note: The boss machine's name is "Gamepuku", but for some reason in the descriptive text it calls it "Gamebuku". In any case, if anyone has any objections to me calling it "Bubble Turtle", speak up and you will be heard.

I have translated the descriptive text for Pretty Bomber in the World Bombers section, and I've translated the descriptive text for Professor Bagura. However since it will be easier to read through this topic with things all in order I'll save those for when I do the rest of the pages. Don't worry, it's nothing you probably didn't know before. Although it's interesting that it makes it sound like Bagura never showed up before, because I thought he was the same one from Bomberman '94... unless it just means he's mysterious all around.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Super Bomberman 3
Fourth world information has been translated.

*** If you missed world 3, it was added in the previous post. I was hoping to keep the number of my posts right next to each other to a minimum. ***

Page 19

Stage 4 - サラサラ スタ- Rustle Star

砂漠だらけの乾燥し
た星, それがサラサ
ラス-タだ. 蟻地獄
や流砂等の地形トラ
ップに十分注意しよう.
The star covered in dry desert, that is Rustle Star. It is important to pay adequate attention to traps in the terrain such as ant lion pits and quicksand.

[[Traps]]

ニョロリン
Slitherin
時折ピラミッドの穴か
ら顔を出す蛇. 触れるとミス.
Sometimes the snake sticks its face out of the pyramid. To touch it is a mistake.

* Note: If anyone has a different interpretation on the name here, let me know.

蟻地獄
Ant lion pit
ここに入ると, エリア
内の別の蟻地獄へとワ-プする.
When you enter here, you warp to a different ant lion pit within the area.

* Note: Name is kinda weird but it's all I could find, again interpretations are welcome.

流砂
Quicksand
一定方向に地面が移動
しボンバ-マンや爆弾が流される.
The ground moves in a fixed direction and Bomberman and bombs flow.

[[敵キャラ]]
[[Enemy Characters]]

フアラ - Pharaoh
炎を吐き爆
弾を誘爆さ
せる.
Spits fire that detonates bombs.

ハリケ-ン - Hurricane (Tornado enemy)
風でボンバ
-マンを吸
い寄せる.
Bomberman is sucked in closer with its wind.

BOSS)ポ ンチヨ- ズ/搭乗者:ブレインボンバ-
BOSS)Ponchos/Passenger: Brain Bomber

* For clarification:

ポ ンチヨ- ズ
Ponchos

ブレインボンバ-
Brain Bomber

* These names are caption on the artwork:

トゲトゲ (兄)
Thorn (Older brother)
* This is the skinny cactus. His name could also be translated as "Splinter", but...

チクチク (弟)
Prickle (Younger brother)
* This is the fat cactus.

絶妙のコンビネ-
ションを誇る兄弟
キャラ. 2体に分裂し,
帽子やトゲを飛ばして攻
撃してくる. 2体とも倒
さないとクリアできない.
The perfect combination of two brother characters. They split into 2 bodies, Thorn attacks by throwning the hat. Unless you defeat both of them you cannot clear.

* Note: I find it odd that the manual refers to them as brothers, which in my opinion implies that they are monsters (and they do die similarly to monsters) instead of ridable. I always figured Brain Bomber was in the sombrero so, I suppose it could be. Although that doesn't explain the eyes "flickering on" when Brain Bomber takes control. Meh.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Let me know your opinions on this enemy's name. Yeah I'd say "Seaballoon" but there is a Karabon from Bomberman Tournament/Story named "Sibaloon", and it sort of takes a route like a Makoknight/Serkol when they named Devil Bomber "Evil Bomber" in their Bomberman GB3 translation, since his name was "cleaned up" as such in the official translation of Bomberman Hero.

Well, if you were making a patch for a previously untranslated game, I would say stay consistent with the previous official translations. If it was the re-translation of an already released game, of course you would want to disregard that and stay true to the Japanese.
But seeing as this is just text and not something that will be in a patch, you can just use both like you just did :wink: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
unless it just means he's mysterious all around.

That seems likely enough, doesn't it?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#27  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
So, you suggest I just use both names?

As for Bagura, I suppose it could be. Well, his page has very little text, so expect to see it later today. As for now, here's World 5!

Super Bomberman 3

Page 20

Stage 5 - ユキユキ スタ- Snow Star

一年中雪が降りしき
る, 極寒の星. 森の
動物たちが見守る中,
敵の攻撃はさらに激
しさを増すぞ.
All year round it snows incessantly, the arctic star. As forest animals watch over, the enemy attacks with yet increasing intensity.

[[Traps]]

大雪玉 [EDITED 11/6/11]
Heavy Snow Ball
支えているソフトブロ
ックを破壊すると転がってくる.
When the Soft Block supporting it is destroyed it rolls.

ひび割れ床
Cracking floor
1度通るとヒビが入り2
度目には穴が開いて不可能になる.
When you pass through 1 time a crack appears and the 2nd time a hole opens and it becomes impossible to pass.

かまくら
Snow Hut
真下を通るものが見え
ず, 爆弾 の爆風で天井が一瞬開く.
Anything that passes directly below is not visible, with a bomb blast the ceiling instantly opens.

* Note: I'm not sure on the name of this one. Snow Hut was what I could gather from my sources.

[[敵キャラ]]
[[Enemy Characters]]

ピグミン - Pygmy (Green robed enemy)
ボンバ-マンめ
がけて鉄球を投
げ付けてくる.
Aims at Bomberman and throws an iron ball.

アイスタワ- Ice Tower (Icicle enemy)
地面に潜って移動し
星形の冷気を吐き出
す. 攻撃すると4体
に分裂する.
Dives into the ground and moves, spits out cold air in the form of a star. When you attack it breaks up into 4 bodies.

BOSS)フリ-ザ-ビユ-ナス/搭乗者:プラズマボンバ-
BOSS)Freezer Venus/Passenger: Plasma Bomber

* For clarification:

フリ-ザ-ビユ-ナス
Freezer Venus

プラズマボンバ-
Plasma Bomber

氷の魔法やホ-
ミング竜巻, 人
形などを放つて
壮絶な攻撃を仕
掛けてくる.
Sets up attacks firing ice magic, homing tornados, dolls and the like.

* Note: Man, that was short!

EDIT: Had to break for lunch, but here's the last world.

Page 21

Stage 6 - バダラ-シツプ - Battle Ship

いよいよ, 親玉バグ
ラ-が待つ宇宙船の
中だ. さまざまな防
御システムを潜り抜
けてバグラ-を目指せ!
Finally, the boss Bagura awaits within his spaceship. Pass through the various defense systems and aim for Bagura!

[[Traps]]

防御システム
Defense System
時々アンテナとアンテナの
間を電流が走り, 侵入者を攻撃する.
At times electric current runs between antenna and antenna, strikes intruders.

ベルトコンベア
Conveyer Belt
一定方向に移動する床. ス
イッチの上に乗ると移動方向が変わる.
Floor that moves in a fixed direction. When you get on the switch the direction of movement changes.

ミサイル
Missile
爆弾の爆風に当たると発射
され地点は点滅し, 知らせてくれる.
When it is hit with a bomb blast it fires and the position flickers, notifying you.

爆発する箱
Exploding Box
爆弾等の炎に触れると爆発する.
ソフトブロックの中に紛れ込んでいる.
When the fire from bombs touches it it explodes. It is mixed in among Soft Blocks.

BOSS) ?/搭乗者:プロフェツサ- バグラ -
BOSS) ?/Passenger: Professor Bagura

* For clarification:

?
* This is the boss

プロフェツサ- バグラ -
Professor Bagura

凶悪5人衆の生みの親.
それ以外のことは謎に包
まれている.
Creator of the Fiendish 5 man team. Other than that he has been shrouded in mystery.

* Note: No enemy section for this world! I guess there were too many traps for them to detail, heh heh. Anyway, I'm taking a break. Or maybe not. We'll see.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey all, I'm back from my break... wait, what day was that? Oh, two days ago? So I guess the break only lasted a day... oh well, anyway I'm back and this time I'm working with the Super Bomberman 4 manual again (SB3 seemed a little easier to translate and thus prepared me for this). Oh, I have the SB3 manga translated, but I want to make a scanlation of it - I know I want to do this with the whole manual, but I think it would be neater if I just posted the translated manga rather than the text, and easier to read and such.

Hey, before you continue, go back to the first page and check out the post where I translated the first world info on Super Bomberman 4. I updated it, I think it was just the Angler info I left out. Anyway I figured it out pretty quickly this time, and it's there if you'd like to see it. After that, here's the second world!

Super Bomberman 4
Second world information has been translated!

Stage 2
えど時代
Tokyo Era

お城の中を舞台とし
たステ-ジ. お城な
らではの [からく
り] や, ユニ-クな
敵キャラが出てくるステ-ジだ.
The setting of this stage is within a castle. The "trick" of the castle is, there are unique enemy characters in each stage.

[[Traps]]

[からくり床]
[Trick Floor]
ボンバ-マンが上
に乗るとバネのように跳ね上がり,
他の地点へと飛ばす.
When Bomberman gets on it springs and he jumps, it hurls him to the other spot.

[トロッコ]
[Trolley/Rail Car]
乗ると線路が出現し
てトロッコが走り出し障害物を
蹴散らす. 何度も乗ってみよう!
When you ride the track appears and the trolley starts running, obstacles are kicked about. Try riding it many times!

[[Ridable Enemies]]

ポンポン
Pompon (decorated fish)
ボンバ-マンが仕
掛けた爆弾を飛な
してくる. とんで
もないヤツ.
Bomb set up by Bomberman is sent flying. Outrageous fellow.
特殊能力=ボムパンチ
Special Ability: Bomb Punch

* Note: I love the description on that Pompon. :hilarious: 

スイム
Suima
ゆったりと空中
を泳いでいるが
危険な奴だ.
Swims calmly through the air but it is a dangerous thing.
特殊能力=Yボタンでダッシュ
Special Ability: Dash with Y Button

[[BOSS]]
爆裂機銃マシンダ
Exploding Machine Gun Machinda
画面上部で左右に移動
しながら, 両腕につい
ている大砲から爆弾を
ている. 爆弾は床
に落下した後すべりだ
し, 障害物に当たると
止まる.
While moving left and right at the top of the screen, it shoots bombs out of the cannons on both arms. After the bomb falls to the floor it starts to slide, when it hits an obstacle it stops.

EDIT: I'd like a second opinion on this paragraph, it's the one where Great Bomber is speaking to Bomberman:

ワタシノナハ
ボンバ-マン-ト.
過去ヲカエ,オマエ
タチノ未来ヲ
ソウサスル.
ソレガ, バグラ-
サマノ意志ダ!

This is what I managed to gather:

"_, Bomberman. The past will change, you will be cleared from the future. That, Bagura-sama intends to capture!"

As you can see, I have that first part before "Bomberman" blank because I can't rightly figure it out. The rest, I am unsure of and would simply like a second opinion. It would be greatly appreciated! :peace: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
So, you suggest I just use both names?

I suppose it may be the best solution, yes.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
As for Bagura, I suppose it could be.

Bomberman 94 will be out on the European Virtual Console within the month. I'll let you know if he's mentioned as soo as I can read its manual.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
BOSS) ?/搭乗者:プロフェツサ- バグラ -
BOSS) ?/

Dammit! I was hoping we would finally find out for sure what it is they shout!

Dark Zaphe wrote:
No enemy section for this world! I guess there were too many traps for them to detail

Or they just wanted to kep you wondering, as with the boss.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
you will be cleared from the future. That, Bagura-sama intends to capture!"

I don't know Japanese, but wouldn't "obtain" make more sense than "capture" in that context?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Bomberman 94 will be out on the European Virtual Console within the month. I'll let you know if he's mentioned as soo as I can read its manual.

I've got it and from the manual they gave us (which is probably incomplete anyway), I don't recall it having a story section.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Dammit! I was hoping we would finally find out for sure what it is they shout!

Haha, I know, right?

As for the enemies, there is really no room for them to fit on the page anyway since they detail all of the traps.

Duke Serkol wrote:
I don't know Japanese, but wouldn't "obtain" make more sense than "capture" in that context?

I don't know. I'm assuming he wants to conquer the future, like he was going about capturing planets before.

Oh hey, I was working on translating Golem Bomber's bio from Saturn Bomberman Fight!!, I'll post it here later. I'll do Baguro's next. It definately mentions Professor Bagura in it because I recognize the kana.

EDIT: Here's Golem Bomber's bio from Saturn Bomberman Fight!! I know it's not a perfect translation, but it gets the message across:

ゴ-レムボンバ-
Golem Bomber

かつて, プロフェツサ-バグラ-が作ら出した
凶悪ボンバ-五人衆の一人. 頭が少し悪く,
行動が鈍い. 気は優しくて, 力持ち.

凶悪ボンバ-五人衆の一人であったゴ-レムボンバ-は, ボ
ンバ-マンに負けあと, 森の中にさまよい, つい動けなく
なってしまう. そんなゴ-レムボンバ-に, 森を通りかかった
まみが, 一所懸命に看病し, 次第にゴ-レムボンバ-は, 人の
暖かさを感じ, まみと母親と幸せに暮らす. しかし, まみの母
親が病に倒れてしまう. そんな中, ゴ-レムボンバ-は, 望み
を一つ叶えてくれるという大会がある事を知り, まみより先に
母親の病気を値してもらうため, 大会に出場する.

A member of the Five Fiendish Bombers who were once created by Professor Bagura. His head is a little bad, and his behavior is slow. He has the heart of a gentle strongman.

So it was that Golem Bomber of the Five Fiendish Bombers, after being defeated by Bomberman, wanders around in the forest and accidentally becomes paralyzed. In the forest Mami happened along and with the utmost effort nursed him to health, gradually Golem Bomber feels the warmth of her personality, and lives with Mami and her mother happily. However, Mami's mother falls ill. Golem Bomber, knowing about a tournament that would grant one wish, in order to repay Mami and her mother by curing the illness, participates in the tournament.

* Notes: Firstly, as for the "head is a little bad" statement, I'm not sure if this means that he only has a little evil in him, or if it is supposed to be taken that his head is a little bad in that he's kind of slow. The translation for that word was "evil" or "bad" though.

Also, when it says he wants to repay Mami and her mother, it technically says that he is doing this in order to be worthy of them, or so it seemed to read.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow, AMAZING work. Really, man, it's marvelous to see active fandom doing this. I wish I could, but I moved on to korean since it's way more simple, haha.

Congratulations again!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, thanks! I kind of forgot about my previous promise to translate Baguro's Saturn Bomberman Fight!! bio... I'll do that. :oops: 
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Did somebody say Super Bomberman 2 manual? (i seriously hope someone said it or else i'm just non-sequitur-ing here)
Because here's the Super Bomberman 2 manual scanned! Picked the complete game up for cheap, 8, complete with box and manual. Can't complain, can I? (I can nag about how the cheapest English copy of Super Bomberman 3 I can find is 40 though :{ )
Naturally, I'm not too pleased with the scans. It took a lot of attempts to get them straight, and my scanner is horrible and likes blurring things; if it isn't tightly pressed to the scanning screen, it's going to appear greyed and smudged. Hopefully it should be legible enough to allow the good stuff to get translated. I was trying my best to keep the artwork clear in hopes of being able to clean it up as individual files or something.
I'm totally inexperienced with actually getting Japanese from print into text, and the OCR program I got to do that is not very useful at all, so scans are all I can provide, I'm afraid!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#34  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
It arrived very quickly, huh!
Glad I was talking to you that day or this manual would be forever lost, hehe.

As soon as I stop squealing, I'll say more.

[EDIT]: Somehow I thought the art would be a bit like SMB3 amd SMB4, since the sprites are the most well-made ever. Also, the scans are pretty good -- just some blurry areas on the comics, is all. Thanks for the scans, Ragey!

Also, the manual is surprisingly alike the western one, apart from the lack of an anti-climax manga artwork, huh? Oh, and something I'd like to point out... Plasma Bomber was always green in artwork. The yellow used in a specific one is merely a lighter green... I remember we discussed this a lot in the other topic, heh! In Hudson commercials he is also green.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#35  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh... Ohhhhh.... Oh my.... :surprise:  You have no idea how long I've wanted to see this....!!!!

Ragey, you are my hero.

Well, so much for sleeping tonight.

EDIT: I will tell you right now, the story manga clearly describes the Fiendish Bombers as human cyborgs.

人のサイボ-グ

Now that that's finally established, I'm going to bed. :peace: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#36  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Haha, see, I was right all along!
So much for confirming theories, hehe, thanks for the translation.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here, I did my best to translate the story section. Turns out the English translation is surprisingly accurate:

Super Bomberman 2

Page 4

平和だつた地球に, 再び危機
が訪れた.......
突如ボンバ-マンの前に姿を現した『マグネツトボンバ-』
『ゴ-レムボンバ-』 『プリテ
イ-ボンバ-』 『ブレインボンバ
-』 『プラズマボンバ-』 .
As the earth is in peace, once again a crisis arrives.......
Suddenly the figures of "Magnet Bomber" "Golem Bomber" "Pretty Bomber" "Brain Bomber" and "Plasma Bomber" appear before Bomberman.

[panel 4]
PLASMA: 我らが同志
ボンバ-マン
よっっっ!!
*NOTE: I am terrible with speech bubbles, aren't I? :oops:  Well in any case I'm not sure which of these (if either) is what he's saying:

PLASMA: We are of the same mind
Bomberman!!

PLASMA: We are comrades
Bomberman!!

Or perhaps something like

PLASMA: We are alike
Bomberman!!

宇宙征服をもくろむ異星人によって開発されたこの5
人のサイボ-グ 『凶悪 ボンバ-5人衆』 は, 彼らの試作
1号機であるボンバ-マンを連れ戻すためにやっ来た
のだと語る. 記憶を失っているボンバ-マンは果敢に彼
らに立ち向かったが, 逆に囚われの身となってしまった.
An alien planning space conquest developed 5 human cyborgs, the "Fiendish Bomber 5-man team", they say that they have come to bring back the 1st prototype Bomberman machine. Bomberman remembers confronting them boldly but loses, and becomes their captive.

* NOTE: The last sentence I am unsure of.

Page 5

[Panel 5]
そんな
バカなあ
ああああ
Well well
Such a fool

凶悪ボンバ-5人衆の基地地下牢で目覚めたボンバ-
マンは, 地球の平和と自らの運命の為に再度立ち上がつ
た. 広大な基地にうごめく敵の群れ. 仕掛けられた数々
のワナ. そして待ち受ける凶悪ボンバ-5人衆.......
単いの行き着く果てにボンバ-マンが見たものとは!?
Bomberman wakes in the underground prison at the base of the Fiendish Bomber 5-man team, again he stands up for peace and the fate of the earth. The huge base crawls with crowds of the enemy. Many traps are set up. And then expect the Fiendish Bomber 5-man team....... Will Bomberman arrive to see the end of this?!

If anybody's got any corrections, it would be appreciated. :peace: 

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:31 pm
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#38  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Now I wish I had the english manual to compare.
So, let us see... Bagular probably wants to see what Bomberman has that makes him so much "Bomberman". It kind of compares to Rockman, with Bagular being a scientist turned evil and such -- I was discussing this with Ragey the other day.

Quite interesting, overall. I much prefer Heinous Five Bomber Crowd, though.

[EDIT]: All this "design" thing makes me realize that SMB5 might not be a retcon, but the Bombers might have increased in numbers and moved to another planet, or perhaps the very Earth was modified due to their presence. I kinda wonder if Dr. Mitsumori is indeed Dr. Ein or if he was simply retconned, and in which continuity are the previous games placed.

Well, they had space travel, so I guess 'tis possible.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think probably you're right about Bagura, he wants Bomberman so he can make his own soldiers even more powerful, and by the way Plasma Bomber talks (that fourth panel, whatever he's saying he seems to be comparing himself to Shiro though I could be wrong) they'd probably also "reprogram" Bomberman to make him join their side.

As for the name of the group, it's:

凶悪ボンバ-5人衆

凶悪 is a generic word for evil, fiendish, brutal, bad, etc. Which I hate, I wish it would be in Romaji. :down: 

ボンバ- is "Bomber"

5 is... well, duh :hilarious: 

and 人衆 is "[n] man-team", where 5 gets plugged in as the [n]

So whatever the evil adjective is, it's followed by "Bomber 5 man-team". I don't know why I kept putting "group", I guess I'm just an idiot! :hilarious: 

As for retcons and all, who knows. Earth and Planet Bomber are not the same though, because I'm pretty sure Planet Bomber is often described as being in places like "Bomber Nebula" or "the other side of the galaxy/universe". Kind of funny that you should say that, though, because Serkol and I joked about how Earth and Planet Bomber were the same AND Bombermen were all complete robots AND complete living organisms as well. In any case, the storylines of several mainstream storyline Bomberman games up to SB2 have something to do with Bomberman being a robot (first one, Kuro is defective and Shiro goes after him, then in SB1 the two scientists want to make evil robot Bombermen, then in SB2 Bagura wants a Shiro of his own).

EDIT: Looking at the manual the boss/stage guide seems to contain the same text... except for some strange numbers and such about the bosses, which I at first took to be stats, but as I looked into it I found Japanese names and ages... knowing I'd heard something about numbers of kids relating to the Super Bomberman 2 credits, I Googled it up and re-found this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/super-bomberman-2/credits

I wonder if there was some sort of contest or something that Hudson held to determine what the 5 villains for the next Bomberman game would be.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
I do know they are not the same, and I know how later Bomberman games made them more "alive" (as in the first one, his screen went down). Living beings or robots, though, Pretty Bomber is still a cyborg, haha! I also knew about their name (which is why I made that first translation back in the other topic that resulted into the Heinous Five)... I think 'tis merely a question of ring.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 24 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2741s
Index - Back to Top