Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What I've been doing lately...
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 2651]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry for the long absence, I had some tough finals and a bunch of crap to sift thru as my semester ended, but now I'm home for the summer with enough time to post...

My 22th birthday was the 17th. I had a few calls from the fam, and my (useless) father claims he wants to send me some money.

. . .

Anyway.

I am taking driving practices every other day (mainly whenever my mother is aggravating me the least), I hope to finally take the exam by the end of the month. If I get my license, I can look for a parttime job in Columbus,GA while I wait for college to start back.

Speaking of college, I have successfully fulfilled the requirements of the appeal for my financial probation so I can get loans again without any hitches. Not only that, but I am planning on transferring to a school named Columbus State University, but I have to obtain my transcript and such from my old college first. I hope to get it done before the month ends as well. My family and my sponsor advised I still go to Lincoln, but I cannot stand that school any longer, I haven't enjoyed anything there since I even attended the place.

I finally have a Wii! It's very fun to play while I'm at home, despite only having Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and the Wii sport game that came with the system. I want to play online matches once I move into my dorm again. I've also renewed my WoW account because I miss playing my shammies.

After 3 years, I finally got to hang out with my long time friend, Jr. He had moved to Canada after the 2006 spring semester because of conflicts with his family, he had come back for a visit and to obtain a passport. He and another long time friend, Sam, also visited once before he left for Canada, we got quite a few round of Brawl in, as well as gossips about gaming in general. Funny to believe that we're still a bunch of geeks at 22 year olds, you think we'd be talking about some of the more adult stuff (sex, relationships, money) but nope we stuck with what we like best. =)

We DID talk for a few minutes about what we plan on doing later on as far a school goes, JR still isn't focusing on college, for reasons I can't bring myself to ask. Sam wants to return but he can't because his sister uses his car to go and he can't live on campus for some reason... One of my mother's friends suggested carpooling, but he didn't seem that enthusiastic about the idea.

Oh well, that happened a month ago, and JR is long gone now. If I had a car license, I'd visit Sam, but I can't, and neither can Sam, but he said that the only reason he can't come is because he's not familiar with the town I live in, otherwise he'd visit me. So we just talk on MSN Live whenever we're on.

The family is planning a get together on July 4th at a resort called Callaway Gardens, they have a manmade beach and some attractions there like a mini golf course and an arcade, it's been like 10 years since I last partied there so I'm wondering if they still have it all or if they added more stuff to it.

Anyway, that's all I have to tell. I'm trying to draw whenever I'm feeling bored, and I've been messing with a sketch day to day too, so I might post something on my deviantART account someday. I am sure that the boards didn't need my moderation that badly if any at all, but I'm back now. Take care, Bombers!
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's quiet here as usual but that doesn't matter. It's good to see you back here anyway. :peace: 

My older brother and his friends are into all the "geeky" stuff too, and personally I think that's better than a bunch of adults sitting around and talking about sex and money. Though me, I don't have much to talk about that many people are willing to listen to.

And speaking of driver's licenses, I should probably get mine this summer too... But, I never even tried taking the exam before. The more years I go without it, the worse I'll probably be at it. >_>

Anyway, take care. :peace: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's good to hear from ya dood. I love seeing old friends you haven't seen in ages and hanging out for awhile. It usually leads to nostalgic old things, discussing the good old days or just doing the same old things you used to do (like playing videogames). It's always a good time. I have a friend or two like that whom I only hang out with once every year or 2. It's nice catching up in person even if you chat online once in awhile.

Congrats on your birthday. My 22nd is at the end of next month, lol.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's nice to see you around again!

As for the drivers license, I don't have one yet, but I'm still 16, so it's not that bad...I'm about to turn 17 though at the end of the summer, but I think I'm going to get mine soon. On the topic of Wii, it sounds like you got some good games. :happy:  I play SSBB about as much as I play Bomberman, but until recently I didn't get much into Mario Kart. It's kind of sad that you don't really get to see your friends...My best friend moved to South Carolina two years ago, and there's been a hole ever since. I still have a bunch of friends in town and I'm not lonely, but it's simply not the same.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
As for the drivers license, I don't have one yet, but I'm still 16, so it's not that bad...I'm about to turn 17 though at the end of the summer, but I think I'm going to get mine soon.

Even if you don't need it/won't use it much, get it. Otherwise it'll drag on for years and before you know it you'll have more places you need to go than you remembered before. That, or you could go green and get a bicycle. :P

Actually I knew a guy who had a bike, but probably just because he didn't have the money to keep up with a car. Except he always rode out in front of people and got hit until the bike broke apart and somebody stole it out of his front yard.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Well I'm planning to get my license. I was going to do it this week, but there wasn't time and now I'm going out of town. I'll probably have to do it when I get back. Good thing it's the summer...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Actually I knew a guy who had a bike, but probably just because he didn't have the money to keep up with a car. Except he always rode out in front of people and got hit until the bike broke apart and somebody stole it out of his front yard.

lol, someone stole his broken bike?

Actually one of the guys at my job rides a bike to work everyday or rather he rides his bike between bus stops (he lives a few cities away) so its half bike half bus I guess. That must suck, since it can take hime 2 hours to get to work. I'm glad I have a car, but with how far away i live from work now it takes me almost an hour to even get there by car.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, who knows why. He'd damaged it before and had to fix it. Then when it broke apart he left it in his front yard and was going to fix it again but someone took off with it. I think he just has an aura of unluckiness around people or something. :hilarious: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1886s
Index - Back to Top