Anime Expo 2009
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 2769]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am  Reply with quote + 
anyone planning to go? hehe. i know i haven't been here in such a LOOOONGGGGG time, so..... Hi everybody!! haha.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Anime Expo is in California right? There's no way I'd be able to go at this time, though I would liek to go someday. I recently went to Anime Boston, and will probably be gonig to Connecticon for a couple days in the end of july

Nice to see ya btw Twist!
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hah, not me, I still don't even have a license. =\
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
yeah its in California, i want to go all 4 days from July 2nd to July 5th, but i need to find a ride first. i can drive there but i prefer not to lol. this is gonna be my first anime convention if i go. :D.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
It'll be your first con huh? Anime Cons are a blast! I've been to over 5 already, mostly Anime Bostons. You're possibly going to a huge one though so expect lines if you're going to main events or autograph signings. It's really cool seeing all the cosplay and going on a shopping spree in the dealers room though, cause there's always so much cool stuff to buy!

If you go, I hope you have a great time! If it's too crowded or you have to wait in lines too much, don't give up on anime cons. If you go to a smaller one you won't run into those kinds of problems as much/if at all.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 am  Reply with quote + 
yeah, i'm definitely looking forward to it!! :D

only 1 more week!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Hope you enjoyed your con dood. You should tell us about it!

I actually just preregistered for Connecticon which is being held in Connecticut (obviously) this past weekend. It's going to be held the last weekend of July. Right after my b-day. I'll probably only be going 2 days and won't be bringing my usual large amount of spending money since money is alittle tight lately, but I'm still looking forward to it.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
AX was pretty cool. I got there at 9AM. at first i had no clue how it worked.. well of course i didn't, it was my first anime con. lol. anyways, i just followed my friends that have been there before around and they went straight to the brawl tournament they had there. After a little bit, i decided to just go my own way since some of my friends were just there for the brawl tournament mostly.

I went to the exhibit hall and took pictures with some of the cosplayers and looked around at all the stuff sold. I wish i bought more than just a Domo lanyard. At the time i was there, i didn't want to spend like $20 for a shirt, but i kind of regret it now since you don't see those shirts really anywhere. owell.

After that it was around 12:30PM and my friend and I decided to go watch the Morning Musume Concert(they are a jpop girl group) and there was a really long line to get into the building to sit down. We waited out in the hot sun for a little over an hour and got in around 1:45-2ish. Concert started at 2:30 and we left the concert a little early at around 3:15 because we all got hungry. So we went to Panda Express(Chinese Fast Food Restaurant) which was like a couple blocks down from the expo to eat.

When we got back, we saw this "pop shock masquerade" thing which was basically a talent show, which i thought was not that great. So we left towards the middle of that and went to go line up for the AMV contest. Got to the line at 7PM and didn't get in till like 8:30pm. I think this part of the Con was the best part of the day for me. There were alot of cool AMVs. We sat there watching them till around 11:30PM, then we decided to leave and went to go catch up with the rest of our friends who were at this hotel for a 18+ dance for those who went to AX. I couldn't go in since I'm not 18 yet.... gahh only 2 more weeks!! ><, but all of my other friends went in and they told me it wasn't that great. so yeah, that was pretty much it. we left LA around 2AM and got home at 3AM.

Im definitely going next year and planning to go dressed up, but i don't know who yet.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:17 am  Reply with quote + 
yeah you always want spending money for the Dealer's Room. I usually try to bring at least a few hundred bucks with me, for big cons i bring more.

When it comes to the game room I don't usually hang out there too much. I've entered a couple Smash Bros Melee Tournaments but the best I've ever done is make it to the 2nd round. I'm not that great at the game. I usually like to catch a few games of puyopop with people if there'a a game set up.

The AMVs are always awesome! That's one of my favorite events at cons too.

I've never actually cosplayed before. I've thought about it, but never end up going through with it. I think I might one day.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1578s
Index - Back to Top