BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
UK Punk Bomber cake
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 2448]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork
Users watching this topic: 1  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I mentioned this in other threads, but was waiting for the cake to have photos to share. It best fits here so here is where it shall be. I traced the graphic on the left using the North American cover art for Mega Bomberman blown up in Photoshop, which my mother-in-law took to a bakery and had made into the cake on the right. I know it's not perfect, but I liked it a lot. I think the baker either ran out of icing, time, or her hand cramped. She starts out strong and then eventually flounders about at the bottom. :laugh: 

Side by side

My wife was originally going to bake me a cake that she and my sister-in-law was going to help her decorate with a Bomberman frosting drawing, but my mother-ion-law swooped in and took it away. Probably to be nice and save her the trouble this year, and also save the mess in her kitchen. :flame: 

It was a marbled chocolate cake, and we had vanilla as well as mint chocolate chip ice cream to go with it. It was very moist and tasty. The middle photos only show slightly more detail, nothing much more than that.

Top of the cake

Bottom of the cake

This last photo fits because a coworker made a Mario cake for his 8 year old son's birthday and I got the details on how to do it myself. So, that means maybe cookies, or cupcakes, or muffins with Bomberman-related frosting artwork on them. My niece is pretty excited about making treats, especially with this awesome apron I found her at a local thrift shop.

Robot apron in my niece's size
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's pretty nice, it's not often that we get to see stuff like that. Since people don't really care enough about bomberman to be doing those kind of things, they could do it more in japan- or people just don't post pictures of it. After a quick search, this is all that was found for bomberman related deserts.

http://www.snackordie.com/2008/10/bomberman_cupcakes.html
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
That's pretty nice, it's not often that we get to see stuff like that. Since people don't really care enough about bomberman to be doing those kind of things, they could do it more in japan- or people just don't post pictures of it. After a quick search, this is all that was found for bomberman related deserts.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6144/bombermancupcakes05.jpg
http://www.snackordie.com/2008/10/bomberman_cupcakes.html

Sadly, you are correct. :( I have seen random mention of it on Japan related blogs for bento boxes (mind you, I've never found them again when I needed to) and on Flickr, and that includes your image as well. I just would not add the black liquorish to my cupcakes. haha :shifty: 

Here are the other few examples from Flickr peeps, with links to their images so you can possibly see more from them or whatnot, or comment on the photos. There are far more if you spread the search to robot cake or alien cake, but there are not any Bomberman hits going untagged in the first pages of 1000+ hits. :/

cupcakes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bathbabycakes/3387942688/ vanilla spong cupcakes with buttercream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bathbabycakes/3387134821/ same cupcakes different angle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkbcupcakes/2942354427/ the one you linked
a walkthrough on making these is at Snack or Die for those wanting to replicate them

cake:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmmarilyn/6104386/ the only cake on Flickr besides mine under the search terms: bomberman cake

Overall, I'd say that is damn dismal. The cool thing, for those of you out there wanting to become a whiz with Sculpey is that the first hit for bomberman cake on Google brings back a page on someone's created Custom Munny. A nice thing to know how to make, I think. :idea:

That blue cake on gamesradar.com looks cool but the photo is so small. :( The worst part is that Bomberman has some of the raddest official wallpapers ever. Every game just about has a new page at Hudson Soft, with a slew of sweet artwork. Plus the game packaging artwork, the sprite graphics in game, misc promotional material, unofficial artwork you do find on Google, plus the stuff that never hits Google. There's no reason more evidence does not exist except people being lazy. There is just too much inspirational works not to do more. Maybe too much drunkedness while playing and not enough cake baking. :normal: 
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
That cake makes me want to eat a cake. I like cake best when I take the whole cake for myself, and then eat it directly off of the cake instead of cutting off a peice first. It is best if people are watching me with WTF expressions on their face as while I go at it and eat the whole cake. It is best if it is not even my cake. Maybe it is something like a big pitch in gathering and the dessert is going quick so I run up and snatch an entire cake while everybody looks at me like I am crazy.

If we ever have a bombermanboard gathering in chicago with bomberman cakes I will come and eat cake.

Spoiler:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 am  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
That cake makes me want to eat a cake. I like cake best when I take the whole cake for myself, and then eat it directly off of the cake instead of cutting off a peice first. It is best if people are watching me with WTF expressions on their face as while I go at it and eat the whole cake. It is best if it is not even my cake. Maybe it is something like a big pitch in gathering and the dessert is going quick so I run up and snatch an entire cake while everybody looks at me like I am crazy.

If we ever have a bombermanboard gathering in chicago with bomberman cakes I will come and eat cake.

Spoiler:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

:laugh:  I will hope they are aware of this somehow and prepare two cakes, leaving one hidden until after you pass out into a diabetic coma. hehe Expressions and reactions from people are especially fun social feedback to study. Being deviant and noting reactions was an often ran operation in some of my classes. Psychology proff in one class said "This side of the room, make a lot of noise. This side make no noise, try not to give in and join them." Knowing they would fail if I bumped up the heat, I stood up, took my massive General Psychology hardback textbook and threw it face first into the cinderblock walls with vigor. I cannot properly explain how fast people whipped their heads around on my noisy side of the room, and the other side lost their composure completely and joined us. The professor was impressed but afraid of me now, all at once. Sociology was better because they sometimes did Deviant Nights as an activity at restaurants, for the Sociology Club. I never got to go, but I think I would have been over the top there as well. :cry: 

Not sure where someone will organize a bomberman event first. I know friends and I may do one at his house in June for his brother the week before he returns to Iraq. I have to get a 4th PS2 controller, maybe two cheap multitaps, and take a few consoles over. Hard call on what to bring. If I sort out the PS2 multiplayer (I only have PS1 support now for 4 players), then I can bring my fliptopped console and run Bomberman Kart, Bomberman Hardball, and the other PS2 4 player bman fun, plus support the SNES/SFC Super Bomberman games in the PS2 SNES Station emulator (so long as the emu does support players 3 and 4, it seems to support at least 2 so far) or bring my real SNES and not quite that many games in the physical cart. In addition with the fliptop I can run the PS2 Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator PGen (I think that's the name) for Mega Bomberman. Me, these two guys, and their sisters used to tear Mega Bomberman up, and really I could even run it on the PS2 4 player, then 4 player on the real Genesis (either of my models). Then there's 4 player Dreamcast action, 4 player Gamecube action, and the epic win of 8-10 player Saturn Bomberman. I bought an Svideo cable and more pads so I am back up to 10 I think, or will be with a quick trip to the flea market. :peace: 

We are in NC though, not too far from Charlotte. So anyone with wheels or flight miles feel free to contact me in PM when I know more about when it might be. Any of you would be welcome to attend though I cannot vouch for sleeping accommodations being available as it's not my house. We plan to have his 32" crt and my 32" HDTV for two console action. We just have to make a decision because I only want to bring two-three consoles max. :/ I know I am going to bring a sleeping bag, in case I do drink too much, hoping my TV is safe with National Guard dudes watching who might rebel yell to wake me up while beating someone down. Losing stuff is one of the big reasons I have not taken stuff to any conventions besides the costs involved.

Somewhat off topic I guess but not, as I might well have bomberman cupcakes or cookies there. Maybe not cake this time. Depends how much money it will run up making my own masterpiece. :stun:  I have a while to practice making and eating said treats though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1737s
Index - Back to Top