[Replies: 77]  [Views: 16195]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmh, there's a lot of potential for Bomberman; I believe there is a way to actualize that potential. That is the reason I am here, in this forum. And yeah I play Bomberman, but mostly the older ones (haven't touched any of them from the past two console generations). It seems sad to me that most of us are willing to write it off as just one of those games you played when there are so many obvious things that could be done with the game, it doesn't just end where Hudson's laziness has kept it. What makes Bomberman a "children's game" is Hudson's lack of caring, every -real- Bomberman game is just as easy (and the same) as the last, save for the rarities which typically only have minor changes that have a neutral or negative impact on gameplay (the newest addition not included).

Of course, I'm speaking in a different pitch and only a few people really hear me. Most of you who read this will get the completely wrong message, and I have become fine with that. I suppose you could say that I speak to leave words behind, in hopes that someone someday will stumble upon them and get something out of them. This message is not deep at all, but nonetheless I'd like people to realize that innovation is always possible and that nothing has to get caught up and die.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#42  Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Gold Bomberman wrote:
BOMBTARDED wrote:
You have a wife??????? I thought that we were all losers, afraid to talk to women, so we wasted our time talking about a children's game on the internet even though we are no longer 12 and rarely even play bomberman anymore.

Wow, its funny to think i registered on the bomberman board at about the age of 12 or so, and I am 20 now. Time definitely does flies by, especially when i don't come here very often. I've read people's post like 3022, admitting that he hasn't played bomberman games in about a year. Well i hear ya, i haven't been worth @#%! about bomberman in a LOOONG time. I guess the only current b-man title that i'll play once in a blue moon is Bomberman Online for the 360. They even updated it along with the new dashboard that was introduced a few months back for the console.

BTW, tomorrow is my birthday (14)
Time flies, huh? :hilarious: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#43  Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Time really does fly, huh?

I first joined about a month after the original forum was created back in 2001, I was 14 at the time and just wanted to chat about Bomberman like everyone else.It's been almost 8 years now and I'll be 22 in a matter of months and I still like the series. My love for it has gone down over the years in favor of other things, but it will never die out for me.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#44  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
You have a wife??????? I thought that we were all losers, afraid to talk to women, so we wasted our time talking about a children's game on the internet even though we are no longer 12 and rarely even play bomberman anymore.

I am 23, and am sitting at my computer with my shirt pulled over the back of my head.

LOL I only just saw this post. I missed it completely somehow. That is full of WIN. hahaha

Yeah, I have been with my lady 9 years this fall, married over 3 years. The first time a gal tried to pester me I was in 5th grade, though I kept her at bay. I avoided ladies like the plague until meeting my ex. Just totally was not into the possibility of having a family before I was ready so just avoided them. My ex was some IRC gal, who also liked videogames, she proposed to me, but was pretty unstable and emotionally abusive. I sent her packing back to her mom's, right before she was going to leave anyway it turned out. I have never had problems meeting ladies despite my obesity. It has been more a matter of wanting to spend the effort or money on their expectations of a relationship.

The best part about having my wife in my life is the companionship really. There is usually someone to take up player two and beat me in some game, while being beaten in others. I am about 99% sure she is having a Bomberman cake done for my 30th birthday next month. We are celebrating early on the 4th, her 26th is the 5th. Hooray.

Post 2

Ninja Bomber wrote:
BTW, tomorrow is my birthday (14)
Time flies, huh? XD

Happy belated birthday, Ninja Bomber!! My youngest sister turns 15 the 13th of April. :happy: 

Post 3

The reason I know about the cake is that I have really good hearing and overheard her and her mother. Plus, she asked me to provide my favorite Bomberman photo to her. I have to trace over a photo of the UK Punk Bomber or something soon, as it has been my favorite bomber over all.
Bomberjack

Post#45  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
A Bomberman cake, huh? That would've been neat to get something like that on one of my own birthdays. You know, being the loser nerd I am and all. XD Speaking of birthdays, I just turned 19 only five days ago.

It's always such a strange feeling when you realize just how long it's been since you became a part of something. May it be either a fan of something, or a member of a community. I still kinda remember the older days, back when my bro and I played the Bomberman games for the Nintendo 64 together amongst many others. Good times, good times...

Does anyone else find it bewildering or something how some of your favorite things may be 10 plus years old? Or is it just me?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#46  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
@SSJ-Sonic 254:
Belated happy Birthday greetings to you~ :veryhappy: 

Well, after a long time I started to be more active here again, I try at least. Real life is keeping me busy.

And yes, it always surprised me how long someone can be a fan of something, no matter what it should be (TV Series, Games etc...). I growed up with too many things and it's hard to let go one of them, too many memories which always come up.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#47  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am  Reply with quote + 
In regards to fandom and the years that go by I was totally born in the wrong era. The greater part of my interests are either older then I am or were new/popular when I was too young to remember. I'm only 21 and i love 80s/early 90s music (granted its not all I like but the greater portion). My favorite anime is probably Macross, older then me. I dunno, I feel like it would've been alot cooler had i got to experience all this stuff when it was new(I definately would've had a much more impressive Sega Saturn Collection).

lmao, but then again if i were born 10 years earlier maybe I'd just be a hippee or something, more into the past then the present.

Well hey at least when I'm getting older people won't be able to claim I must be ancient for listening to The Police, and The Human League!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#48  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Late Happy Birthday, SSJ. And welcome back Saphira. :peace: 

I used to think that things would have been better if I was born years in the past. Then I realized that if that were so, I'd have been thinking that things would be better further back in the past. But yeah, I also like the 80s-early 90s stuff. And some of the 50s and back.... there's a lot of good stuff back there but some people just can't get past wanting everything -new-.

But there is good new stuff as well.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#49  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
I have never had problems meeting ladies despite my obesity.
Is your wife hot? If so, you are a motivation to us all. If DragonBomber can do it, so can the rest of us!!!

I suspect that to meet women a BOMBERLOSER must: 1. Leave the house. 2. Talk to people. 3. Feign some degree of normality and conformity to social custom.

I struggle with all three of these.

Spoiler:
DragonBomber's Wife: :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#50  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
-

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:04 pm
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#51  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Have you ever been in a relationship, Dark? Just curious, excuse my prodding, if you will.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#52  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
As such, fools are all you who so ludicrously carry on with your fanciful thoughts and your unnatural romances! Hah, hah, hah...

What is unnatural about a man seeking the company of a woman?

Why do you think that I am closed minded?

I do not jest.

Spoiler:
I would like a wife who baked me birthday cakes.
Spoiler:
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 
Spoiler:
: mr. green :)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#53  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
-

chris_h
Bomberman

Post#54  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
You have been fine.

I believe that you will find your relationships more meaningful if you view them more abstractly.

See how all women are the same, and all men are the same. Fall in love with womanhood as a whole, rather than with a particular woman. See the sameness of all the peculiarities, virtues, and flaws. See not the uniqueness, but rather how each peculiarity is just another iteration of a universal theme. We are all crazy. Most men grow to love their wives?Eflaws; enlightened men grow to love womanhood’s flaws.

Once you know and love womanhood as a whole, you will see meaning. Whenever you meet a woman, you will already know her; you will already love her; you will not feel betrayed when she behaves as all women behave; she can do you no harm; she will never disappoint you. She does not need to tell you anything deep, for you already know everything.

Have you seen the new version of Apocalypse Now? That movie has a scene which I feel illustrates the concept beautifully.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#55  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:37 am  Reply with quote + 
-

CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#56  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
And I would like a wife who would simply love me back. For real, just deep, actual love. But I know that cannot happen.

Have you ever been in love this way? If not, it's not really fair (or realistic) of you to expect it in return.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
A relationship in which you do not love the other person, but merely an idea.... that has no purpose other than to wreck you.

I agree with this. You can't really expect to have a relationship with that person if this is your outlook. At least, one that's reciprocated. That person is going to want to be seen as an individual, and special to you. If they feel like the woman working at the drive thru of McDonald's can make you feel the same way, once they realize this they probably won't be with you for long.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I am not a man.

You're putting too much weight on the stereotypical definition of "man". We all are individuals, with different ideas, thoughts, and feelings. One of the things that we're born with is a gender. Does this mean that everyone will behave as such? No, of course not. Does that mean all men who are gay are not men because they are attracted to men? Does that make them women? I'm know they wouldn't want to be defined as such. You can't fit people into a compact box labeled "man" or "woman".
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#57  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
People are not all the same. Of course there are similarities between what we go through and how we react, but there are similarities between everything. If you truly believe that everything is all the same, then you have lost something inside of you.

My point is that our peculiarities are largely meaningless. One man likes football. Another likes chess. Another likes Bomberman. Games are games, and the one we find ourselves playing is of no real significance. People think religion is unique? No, most Americans are Christian because their parents were. And the religion is not all that dissimilar from the rest. They are all collections of lies we tell ourselves to explain things.

Taste in music, fashion, etc. Who cares? Weird obsessions, just another iteration of human nature based upon the local circumstances.

Cognitive trends do exist between men and women, but one could argue that these too are just iterations of human nature: that one should love humanity as a whole. And love individual humans for they represent the actualization of ones love.

It was through love of an individual woman that I grew to love all women. I knew a woman with great beauty, responsibility, and endless energy. Her every action was very graceful and consistent with that which is good. She was married, Baptist, and had two children. She was totally dedicated to her children, husband, and god. She had the wisdom to never complain about anything. She was not my wife, but as an outside observer I loved her.

I am usually against religion. But with her I saw how trivial it is. It did not matter. What mattered were her beauty and her noble behavior. She liked football; I dislike football, but I saw how her love for football was good and beautiful and not different from the things I loved.

She was the first woman that I had felt this way for. Before her, I was always disgusted by the badness of women, but she confirmed to me that goodness existed.

And then I learned that she had not always been this way. When young, she was irresponsible and unproductive. In fact, she had gotten pregnant by a man she had just met. What if I had met her when she was irresponsible and without grace rather than when I had? I would not have seen anything admirable in her. But she would have been the same person, and I love that person. So I must love the prior form too, for it is the same. Transfer me back with my future knowledge of her, and I love her in her less perfect state.

And what if things had turned out differently. What if the man who made her pregnant on the first date had failed her rather than becoming a wonderful husband? She would have never achieved the state of perfection which I so admired. But she would essentially be the same person, and I love her, so must love this too.

I found a love for all women growing within me, for they were all essentially the same, differing only in trivial details and circumstance. I saw good in the women who before I only saw badness in. And I saw that this badness existed in the woman I loved, but it was in a dormant state. I grew to love this badness. I stopped calling it badness, for it is just another aspect of the human condition.

Now, nothing shocks me. Nothing disgusts me. It is all beautiful. It is all another iteration of that which I love.

I have always been in the habit of loving abstract concepts. But before, I loved abstract ideals which never have and never will exist. Now I love humanity for what it is.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#58  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
all down to the upbringing. Gender has nothing to do with how personalties develop

Last edited by Hammer Bomber on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:43 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#59  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
-

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Of course, I do not mean that we are all identical. Rather, that we are all a part of the same thing. We are all driven by the same instincts. Your ant colony analogy is good. We are all part of the same colony. Maybe an ant gets confused and wonders off from the colony, but this ant is still the same in that ants sometimes get confused. Why not first and foremost love the colony? This forces you to also love the individuals, and their individualities, for individuality is also universal. “Everybody is different.?E?Ethis is yet another universal similarity.

As for men and women, men share a common set of instincts. Women share another similar set of instincts. Humans share a set of instincts. You are a man by my definition. Every man is. Some may have abandoned the colony more than others, yet as I said, this too is just the nature of man in the circumstances which have moved him in that direction.

I feel that you are doing what I did in the past. You love an ideal rather than a reality. Evidence for this is your claim that most relationships are unnatural. But they are natural. Everything is natural. Nothing else exists. Everything which happens is an expression of nature. What these relationships are not is consistent with your ideal. But is it not ideal to accept reality? You can still strive for perfection, yet without the illusion of the possibility of ever attaining it
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2115s
Index - Back to Top