Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#21  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:21 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Not "too much" as in 4-5 hours but as in about 17 which I did the day after I got Super Smash Bros Brawl. That was the most hardcore gaming thing I've really done, and it was pretty bad in a sense.

Man, dood. I'll never forget the day I got Dragon Force for Sega Saturn in the mail from ebay. I was so pumped up I played like 16 hours in a 24 hour period and by the end of the 2nd day I was getting close to 30.

I'm only mildly social. I hung out with two of my pals from high school today. One I try to see every few months but the other I haven't hung out with in 2 years. Hadn't even seen him in person in over a year. We had a great time and all we really did was talk. Catching up and then just joking around with each other talking about games and such. watched some youtube videos. We spent pretty much the whole day laughing our asses off and going out to eat.

but yeah, I'm usually pretty happy being a homebody and just spending my time on my own in my room. I like to hang out with people and I try to do it every so often but if I hang out with people more then a coupel times a week I start getting sick of it. It's hard to explain but I can't be around people too much. I start getting irritable if I have to hang out with someone everyday. I like my alone time.

and I always tell people that are skinny (my brother is among you) It's better to be underweight then overweight, and besides once you get overweight its hard to get back to average. I'm lucky I have a very active job cause with my habbits I'd be fat without it. I do zero excercise outside of work and I have horrible eating habbits. I'm happy in my skin, I'm not fat maybe just a bit over average. I could afford to lose a little weight in certain areas but I'm not too worried about it. I hide it in baggy clothes lol! I usually wear a 2x shirt size so it looks baggy on me and i don't wear tight pants, I like to keep em snug but not tight.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:58 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm a present and future only type of person, life gets better in many aspects. I didn't enjoy being young, it's better to be older- not talking really old though. Being able to do the stuff that you want to, and progressing towards your future is some of the stuff that you don't really get to do when you're younger(and not everyones childhood was enjoyable, many people have gone through a lot of shit when they were younger). You go to school and then it's finally after school when "you're older" that you can start on things, that if you have things that you want to do. Without some kind of goal and just going by day to day would be a bit boring, I can't say that I waste my time playing videos games practically ever anymore- I just develop them now and progress with what I intend to do.

Things like maturity and knowledge that you continue to gain is one of the best things about getting older, more so then just being able to move towards goals. I spend my time around people with people that are much older then me, normally by 10+ years (people like family and their close friends, I lost any interest in the relatives awhile back- especially since relationships have soured with them. my family is very close, if you don't have family in this world then who/what do you have/can trust?). I have one main IRL friend that is more near my age but a bit younger, and I keep that at that- then I have several good online aquaintances.

On a side note, it gets easier to learn stuff when you get older too- atleast for me.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
My english classes were always in the morning and i would sleep in alot

lol I had English classes like this Junior and Senior year, first thing. I walked to school, about 2 miles according to Google, so was always even more tired. My senior year teacher was dubbed the Dragon Lady for her harshness, and because she was from Lithuania. Despite that reputation, she would sometimes let me sleep if I fell asleep in class. So long as I wasn't snoring and I was caught up. :surprise: 
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
lol, I might get turned down because I'm skinny (You can see my ribcage). I'm not fond of the whole working for the country thing for reasons I don't really want to explain ATM. Dad was making it sound like a good idea, but mom says otherwise, and now I don't know what to do because I'm not even sure what I'd be getting myself into.

No explanations required. I was just at wit's end trying to find a path in life. The guidance counselors pushed me towards the military because I was so poor, having me take ASVABS and all that nonsense, which then got me crazy junk flyers in the mail from every branch after I took the PSAT and did ok on it. I did poorly on the math section of the SAT (1160-ish overall), took it twice and did worse the second time because I didn't care. Retook it only because a counselor guilted me into it, even though they rarely mentioned scholarships despite my decent grades. I was in some limbo where they were not good enough to do anything for me full ride tuition wise but not bad enough that I could not have gotten into a lot of places up in NY had I applied.

My father was Navy (Pearl Harbor believe it or not, he was nearly 40 years older than my mom), and all of my my mom's generation of siblings was military except for her. She had a couple great uncles die while overseas, and random uncles in the service but come home. My brother is Navy, two of my cousins are in the military, etc. Not from patriotism as much as poverty, you know? I am actually the first person on my mother's side of the family to go to and graduate from a four year college, with a cousin graduating from LeMoyne in a year or two.

But to get there, I had to fail at losing enough weight to sign up for their games, because ideologically I don't jive with a lot that goes on militarily speaking. I never would have shaved enough to please them, nor would I have taken orders barked at me very well. :sad:  I respect members of the military individually, but as an institution, I have my reservations. A lot of shady stuff happens because of people in power or abusing their authority. As with anything man touches. :laugh: 

I had wanted to go into Peacecorps but as I had no life experience and no degree, they didn't want me. I got into Americorps NCCC, all set to move to Colorado to start, and I met some crazy internet gal whom moved in and showed her crazy. Not before I had resigned before even starting. I would not have met my wife had I been off fighting natural disasters, forest wildfires, and rebuilding urban communities/mentoring children. I got to do some of the mentoring thanks to my internship during college though, so that was good.

As far as IRC, I meant a bomberman channel on EFNet, which is a server class on Internet Relay Chat. You can connect to it using a myriad of clients, everything from BitchX in a shell account to mIRC to even using jIRC or Pidgin. The jIRC client I have installed on my old server no longer works except in demo mode meaning you get nag to buy it every line you type, otherwise I would link you to the page. If you are totally seeing Greek now, PM me and I can give you some urls to resources. It's basically what existed before IM came along, before Webchat pages, before local teleconference rooms, before AOL/yahoo chatrooms, and other chatter boxes that people can install into various Internet locations. A lot of people have and still use it to some extent for setting up PC gaming matches, tho nowadays most games have chat features to do this. I even recall various p2p having chat features between users and in rooms at times, though that could be bothersome to avoid being nabbed.

The channel that I speak of is dead much of the time, due to prior users sort of falling off the internet. It's mostly a couple of friends who chat about daily stuff in there, and then me, and the moment a German guy was originally there to find a German friend of mine whom he knew from another channel. He has not left and complains about ops when he is drunk, not often in English, but overall it's a tame channel with anime talk, game talk, coding talk, Linux talk, general day-to-day chat, etc. I joined it back in '98 when I moved here to NC and found that despite bomberman being popular, it wasn't a bomberman channel per say but just friends who did like the series. From there I got to know them more, brought in a couple people I knew from time to time, and generally idle unless my host is active. I say my host, since he hosts my old site mentioned before. It is one of several channels I idle in on EFNet, that vacuum of souls known to destroy your social life and raccoon your eyes from use.

Hope that answers your query, Ao Bomber. :veryhappy: 
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
The civil war in my head is killing me.

Mmmmhmhmhmhmhm.... I have a similar problem, though basically in name only.

DragonBomber wrote:
I never would have shaved enough to please them,

I understand where you're coming from, both your hairstyle and your face. Never used a razor of any sort.

Razon wrote:
Without some kind of goal and just going by day to day would be a bit boring

Ohhh, people. I will never understand them.... Isn't there some place you could reach and be content forever? I know of such a place I would like to be, but it is impossible; logical, purposeful goals of life are impossible because other people, no matter how much you try to deny it, control your life. Because that is the core of everything - people - though nobody seems to see it.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Razon wrote:
Without some kind of goal and just going by day to day would be a bit boring

Ohhh, people. I will never understand them.... Isn't there some place you could reach and be content forever? I know of such a place I would like to be, but it is impossible; logical, purposeful goals of life are impossible because other people, no matter how much you try to deny it, control your life. Because that is the core of everything - people - though nobody seems to see it.
How is it that other people control your life? Maybe if you're working a normal job and you're under people in that case, then it would count as other people controlling part of your life in some way. No matter what though, you're still the one that's in control. No-one else can make you do anything, I'm the only one that controls my life and everything that I do. I wouldn't say that I have goals really, but just aims- of what I intend to do/accomplish. Even if you made 100s of millions it doesn't mean that you should be content with that, always aim for more. As a developer the goal is to always outdo yourself and accomplish more, having the next thing always be far better then the last. I often hear online that other people are bored and don't have anything to do, so they just play video games then- or that's how they spend most of their time not accomplishing anything like that. I don't wander past each day ever being bored or not having anything to do, there's always something that I want to do and I never have a reason to be bored. Even if the environment at the time isn't so entertaining, there's always something that I could think about- wether it's about business or development or whatever. Thus I've lost any time for games and don't care about them, though I can still enjoy some video games now and then- though I skip and don't bother with most anymore. Money provides power, money can get you a good lawyer to get out of any bad situations, money can take you places, money buys you what you want/need, money gives you a place to live. There isn't much that you can't do with money besides things like curing the incurable and raising the dead, even though many people say money doesn't buy happiness. It can certainly get you closer to it and buy you some kind, it can buy you luxury and make your life easier- no worry of bills or no stress for example then. (the people that normally say that it doesn't aren't right). No-one else can do anything to you or make you do anything, I do as I please, I ignore who I want and no other person can hold me back in any way. Money can certainly buy you this control that you speak of, how does someone else control a billionaire for example- care to explain? Simply put someone else can't, even if you don't have loads of money- the only one that controls you is you- people who let others mess with their life and get away with it are sad.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

DragonBomber wrote:
I never would have shaved enough to please them,

I understand where you're coming from, both your hairstyle and your face. Never used a razor of any sort.

I would have a similar problem. Except I do shave regularly because of the school I'm at. I have to. But I never really want to do it. I'm kind of lazy in that aspect and would rather spend the time doing something else.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Bah, you talk about jobs, you talk about money - you miss my point entirely. If you live out your life alone, by yourself, with your money and your pointless fancy house, then you are lost. Do you mean to say that you could be truly happy living out a life, completely alone in the world, the only living human, with nothing but your possessions? Could you keep developing games without anyone but yourself to play them? Surely you do not mean that. And how does that billionaire get his money? Without other people he cannot gain the money in the first place. But here we are delving into something entirely different. It should be obvious that I am saying that money, power, they are of no real value. People are the most valuable thing on this planet.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I would agree that people are valuble, but I think different types of people need more or less people in their lives. I need several, but I'm ok with being alone for hours. If I'm alone for too long though I start to get depressed although that doesn't happen much because I'm still in school.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I would agree that people are valuble, but I think different types of people need more or less people in their lives.

This is actually very true.... personally I find that many loose connections are no good without a few close connections, though. By loose connections I mean "friendly" types, people who talk but really don't talk. If you get what I'm saying. I can't stand being around probably 90% of the "friendly" people in my life. The very fact that they act like and sometimes even state that they are friends angers me beyond words. It's like Homeric camaradery - there to hang around but really in it for themselves.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:29 am  Reply with quote + 
cripes, this has gotten a bit deep

I'm doing fine, i've left home and i'm now studying Business at University, living in student halls with new people. Work has piled up, assessed presentation on thursday and then i go down to London for the weekend to get a taste of how a company starts up, selling the product on a stall at a food show. Will look very good on my CV
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Huh, looks like I messed out on some things. That's what happens you when you're someone like me who visits so irregularly. :hilarious: 

Anyway, how am I doing...? That's a good question. I guess for the most part, I'm doing fine. Stuff's been on my mind lately, but other then that, I'm doing alright. Kinda upset that my computer decided to screw up on me and I can't even get the darn thing past the Windows 2000 screen without it starting the process over again (if your interested, I'm using my mother's computer to type this out. And yes, I have that crappy Windows 2000. That may change to XP soon though.). But I got stuff to hold me over for the time being (new games to work on, old games to work on, a brother to hang out with, etc.) so I guess I can manage for a little while, at least.

Regulus 777 wrote:
and I always tell people that are skinny (my brother is among you) It's better to be underweight then overweight, and besides once you get overweight its hard to get back to average. etc. etc.

OH MANG, I WISH I WAS JUST A TAD BIT BIGGER AND NOT SO FRIGGIN' THIN ALL THE TIME! I GUESS I'LL JUST PIG OUT AND LIVE OFF OF FAST FOOD FOR A WHOLE WEEK. :hilarious:  Kidding, kidding.

Although I personally don't care too much about that as long as I'm literally not a skeleton with skin or wicked big, I do wish I could be just a tad bit bulkier sometimes. If I let you, you could actullay kinda see my ribcage, and I know some people get kinda freaked out about that part. But, if I was, then I wouldn't have the option of playing one of two characters for my cosplay this year, so I guess it's something of a mixed blessing. :hilarious: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#33  Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I'm back in college and I've gotten some nice programming courses, one for visual basic, one for circuitry. It's nice to be back at school even though it'll likely be my last appearance there (transferring next semester). It sucks having to stay at home all the time, trust me, you'll run out of video games to beat soon enough. >_>;
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#34  Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:

Yeah, it's always funny how this question gets answered by people. I mean, I don't want to hear about someone's yeast infection in the supermarket line when a clerk kindly asks how someone is doing, nor do I intend to tell coworkers I was could have gotten more sleep instead of being sore from carnal time with my wife, but it happens I guess. I am just glad I was not the only long-winded respondee, as I normally am.

Brevity has never in my life been my strong suit.

You have a wife??????? I thought that we were all losers, afraid to talk to women, so we wasted our time talking about a children's game on the internet even though we are no longer 12 and rarely even play bomberman anymore.

I am 23, and am sitting at my computer with my shirt pulled over the back of my head.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#35  Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Video games are for people of all ages and any status, they are considered to be a form of interactive entertainment. That's a very stereotypical opinion to think that just because people go to a forum, or play videos games that they are a certain type of person or that they're lacking in other areas of their life.

We come to this community because we like it here, as a place to post and talk to other bomberman fans and people that we've gotten to know on the forums over the years- and would like to read opinions from. There's nothing wrong with being apart of a forum community, and it doesn't stereotypically class you as a certain type of person- especially since people of all types go to forums. The smaller communities like this can be nice, since you can actually get to know everyone that posts, compared to places that get thousands upon thousands of new users posting all the time. Stuff from users that you have known in the forum for years is normally worth reading, and holds more value then just some random person's post that you may read on a very busy forum- or from somewhere else for example.

A forum community can be like a home on the internet, a familiar and nice place to go to that has other people that have some similar interest as you- and that you may get to know and enjoy talking with.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#36  Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree whole heartedly with Razon, and thank you for keeping this place such a safe haven from the stereotypic trash most of the internet has been turned into.

Also though I'm sure it was a joke, I don't understand how women play into all this. If we've learned anything from history, the treatment of people as objects and/or trophies or notches under your belt is a detriment to society. Also, remaining single isn't a reflection of a certain character personality, I for one have the unusual circumstance of having an objective that is larger than my personal life.

I don't mean to be harsh today, I'm just in the mood to speak. I'm sure you're a completely fine person and I could never become genuinely angry with you, and for the record am not in the least irritated with you now.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#37  Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, Yeah, I'm pretty sure BOMBTARDED was just joking around and poking some fun at ourselves. That's how he usually is.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#38  Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think people missed the hidden text at the end of his post period. That alone pretty much admits he's joking around.

"I am 23, and am sitting at my computer with my shirt pulled over the back of my head."
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh no, I didn't miss it. I knew he was joking. No one talks like that unless they're joking.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
You have a wife??????? I thought that we were all losers, afraid to talk to women, so we wasted our time talking about a children's game on the internet even though we are no longer 12 and rarely even play bomberman anymore.

Wow, its funny to think i registered on the bomberman board at about the age of 12 or so, and I am 20 now. Time definitely does flies by, especially when i don't come here very often. I've read people's post like 3022, admitting that he hasn't played bomberman games in about a year. Well i hear ya, i haven't been worth @#%! about bomberman in a LOOONG time. I guess the only current b-man title that i'll play once in a blue moon is Bomberman Online for the 360. They even updated it along with the new dashboard that was introduced a few months back for the console.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3540s
Index - Back to Top