BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
[BOJ] Bomberman Online Japan (2008-2009)
[Replies: 72]  [Views: 29666]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008)

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#41  Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:46 am  Reply with quote + 
I'd guess late fall for some reason.
View user profile Send Private Message
Bomberbie

Post#42  Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:31 am  Reply with quote + 
You are so negative about release dates. :sad: 

I think it could come out in the summer time!
Broomop
Bombertrainee

Post#43  Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 am  Reply with quote + 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e5ok5CYd188

polar battle will be out soon... we want to make about 200 modes for it ;)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#44  Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Bomberman Online Japan open test server is scheduled to start August 27th.

They added the Promotional Video for the open testing, here's a downloadable link for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k6kvfvbi555u1e1
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#45  Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
know why they keep saying BAJ instead of BOJ in the song...? I'd think they could get the acronym right seeing as the write the title in english on the logo. Or maybe i'm crazy and they're not saying BAJ at all...
Razon
Board Admin

Post#46  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
know why they keep saying BAJ instead of BOJ in the song...? I'd think they could get the acronym right seeing as the write the title in english on the logo. Or maybe i'm crazy and they're not saying BAJ at all...

They're definitely saying B O J, it doesn't sound like they're saying A to me.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#47  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it sounds to me like they're saying BAJ every odd time and BOJ every even time. I'm just gonna go with crazy...
Fetai
Bomberbie

Post#48  Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is it working for anyone? I seem to get this error all the time :cry: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#49  Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fetai wrote:
Is it working for anyone? I seem to get this error all the time :cry: 

Did you download and install the new client? It doesn't update properly from the closed beta one, it's working even better then the closed beta one was for me- it doesn't BSOD my desktop anymore.

http://object.jp.shockwave.com/55shock/boj/download/BOJ_setup.zip

If that's not it, then what error is it that you're getting?

Edit: On a side note, is anyone else playing? I've been playing for awhile but I haven't seen any other other foreign players on, I don't mind playing with the Japanese though- you can normally find me on the top lobby on most days.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#50  Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
The open beta is over and the official service has been started, so the game will be staying up now. As usual you can find me in the top server every day or so, my in-game name is the same as username here minus the slash.

Hint: When in a lobby/room, type '/escapebeginner'. Do this to get out of beginner mode, you'll still have to unlock many of the other basic game functions however.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#51  Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Sweet, I might start playing myself. I'd love to challenge you someday...
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#52  Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
When the client opens, it doesn't start the game for me. I'm using Vista.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#53  Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:

I know someone with the same problem, you need atleast a 1GB of RAM, a 1.7GHz or higher processor, 1GB of harddrive space and a directx 9.0c compatible video card with atleast 128MB of VRAM. I'm unsure if the graphics card needs the VRAM to be dedicated from the video card or not, if you meet the requirements then I'm not sure what the problem is.

Heres the directx install that they link to on the site, the game works on xp with any directx then or after that date I'm pretty sure.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1a2393c0-1b2f-428e-bd79-02df977d17b8&DisplayLang=ja
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#54  Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Pretty sure I meet the requirements.

2GB of ram
30GB free hard drive space
DirectX9 (even though Vista comes with 10)
Ati Radeon 2600xt graphics card.

I'd say I'm set.
qazqazqaz8
Bomberbie

Post#55  Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi how do you set your window to japanese?

After installing the patches...i click launch..the game dont start up.
It just disappears.
Im using vista.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#56  Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Edited out nonsense blabbering of mine. This looks good on the 32" HDTV but now I need to map a joypad's buttons to keyboard buttons.

I didn't realize how much BOJ uses the browser so it was not flying in Wine on Ubuntu. I think I played some games against people, but who knows. I am DragonBomber on there as well, but I have no clue what info I supplied at different phases. It could have said I was a female for all I know. :mad: 

Has anyone translated any random menus in game as of yet? There's so much to click on, and I'm sure I have no idea what is really going in so far. :surprise: 
Bomberdude

Post#57  Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hope I'll get to play it on my PC if I figure out how to get it working. :xeyes: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#58  Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
Hope I'll get to play it on my PC if I figure out how to get it working. :xeyes: 

That sucks! I know you were playing it fine... Did you get a new PC and thus Vista to replace your old XP system? I saw people mention patches, so is this version available now a new version or is this a version after the private beta and changed somehow to not run for you?

I first tried to install it on my Ubuntu box with no luck. It took forever to install on this XP machine, and at first when I tried to click that first start bomb on the website it loads when you click the program link nothing seemed to happen. On the second try it loaded up and I had to setup a character. One of three available to make I guess.

I hope you get it running. :cry:  I have so many things installed here I couldn't begin to isolate what else you might need that they failed to mention as requirements. Another option would be to run VMWare and install XP, then install it from there. A lot of work but if it's Vista somehow, you might not have many options until you figure out the missing piece needed to appease the Microsoft gods. :mad: 

Ven wrote:

This made me wonder where it stops exactly. When I click the shortcut in program files it loads up a website in my Firefox, then I have to load up that url in IE because I don't have Shockwave installed in Firefox. I just tried clicking the link and nothing happened this time. So I tried the other route. If you go to http://jp.shockwave.com/55shock/boj/
and make sure you sign in with your account data, that "start game" bomb is ready and waiting. I don't know if you have to still have to click the program link beforehand and activate anything the background running or if it all just is one big link to this page.

It is Shockwave so I don't see why that program link is anything other than a loader for the site that accesses your local copy of the program installed previously. Once you click the start game bomb it launches the BMO Client Launcher and the bottom bar fills as it loads data, then the top fills to indicate it's ready, then the little bomb box shows a red bomb and is now clickable. Doing so starts the game.

I don't know if this is the same process as the open beta you were playing successfully, but this is how it works for me on my end. It did not load anything from that link, so I tried this and it worked. I hope it works for you and others, Ven.

Ven wrote:

By client I am not sure you meant the program files link or the BMO loader client that then starts up the game. Sorry if I totally misread this to mean the program files thing and not the BMO link. My bad. Just woke up.
Board Admin

Post#59  Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Using a virtual operating system of XP won't work for BOJ, and the launcher downloads files when there's updates- it's not loading any data. As for it not running on Vista, I still plan to solve this but I don't have vista myself right now. I think that it may be some kind of incompatibility with the english version of vista, there should be a work around of some kind. What it not starting means, is that the rootkit that they use to hide the process wasn't installed properly, normally a restart which it prompts you to do after the first install on xp would finish setting things.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#60  Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Ven wrote:

That sucks! I know you were playing it fine... Did you get a new PC and thus Vista to replace your old XP system?

I haven't played this new BMOJ yet. What I played on my old PC (running Win2k) was the old BMO (japanese and korean) and BMO International (also played this a few times on my Vista)

The problem I'm having for this new BMOJ is when I click the button on the browser to start the game, nothing happens. I'll try again tomorrow to see if anything is different/and to be more specific.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008) All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2660s
Index - Back to Top