[Replies: 68]  [Views: 24672]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Users watching this topic: 2  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't have a lot, and will continue getting more. However, this is what I have so far. It's a bit dark but you get the idea.

I'd love to see photos of other bomberman collections. :veryhappy: 
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's not bad there! I might post mine sometime...
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol wow alot! Nice, I have one of mine in my 4 year anniversary topic.

http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

I don't think I've gotten any new bomberman stuff since then.

Which reminds me, I've been here past 5 years now. heh
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 am  Reply with quote + 
I only own 2 bomberman games myself, I've only played so many of them as well- I've always been more for the online bomberman games.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks dakirbydude and Razon! I am a bit of a packrat and actually I had more Bomberman items but I sold a couple of them and haven't rebought them yet. :sad:  I wouldn't have as many if they were not insanely cheap in some cases, and just too cool for me to pass up despite not being cheap.
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
lol wow alot! Nice, I have one of mine in my 4 year anniversary topic.

http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

I don't think I've gotten any new bomberman stuff since then.

Which reminds me, I've been here past 5 years now. heh

Pretty awesome stuff, Regulus. I don't yet have the box for n64 Bomberman: Second Attack as I didn't buy it the one time I saw it for sale new (my wife overruled me spending $50 on it). I've discussed the tragic tale of me failing to acquire US Saturn Bomberman already in another thread. The toy thing looks interesting, and the Saturn tap is a no brainer though I'm waiting to catch a cheap eBay BIN as they went up in price in the past 6 months. Those bomberman controllers went up a ton also. :sad: 

I don't have a copy of Bomberman Hero at the moment as I sold my first copy without manual but with box, then rebought the manual by itself and have a promotional display box. I will just have to get the cart loose or with box, as I don't need the manual. There is a promotional display box for PS1 Bomberman Fantasy Race in the picture also. I used to have complete US Bomberman GB, and complete US Virtual Boy Panic Bomber but I sold both along with most of my newer games several years ago to get my wife a Christmas gift, then sold more for a car repair. They are easy enough to replace though. I also had a sealed bakugaiden Shiro figure but gave it to a #bomberman when he got married a couple years ago.

Congrats on being here 5 years! The time goes by quickly, doesn't it? This summer I celebrated 12 years in one of my IRC channels. It'll be crazy when I've been in there 20 years. So much time spent idling. :)
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice pic Dragon Bomber!

I see you have the first PCE Bomberman with box and manual! Can you please scan the page that tells the story of the game? (Assuming there is one. Bomberboy did not have it so one can never be sure)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Nice pic Dragon Bomber!

I see you have the first PCE Bomberman with box and manual! Can you please scan the page that tells the story of the game? (Assuming there is one. Bomberboy did not have it so one can never be sure)

I do not have the PCE version of it yet. I only have the TurboGrafx 16 version of it. I want to get them all one day naturally.

is the PCEngine cover.

I can get back to you tonight with the TG16 manual text if you wanted that though. There are TXTs and PDFs floating around but I am not finding them this moment and I am on my way to get my weekly allergy shots in a few.
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Nice pic Dragon Bomber!

Page 1 of TG16 manual

It is hundreds of years from now, and you are the first robot created by the famous Dr. Mitsumori. As "Bomberman," you possess awesome power, but you have been programmed only for the pursuit of goodness and justice. But alas, Dr. Mitsumori has made a terrible mistake.

Through a programming error, Dr. Mitsumori's second robot, "Black Bomberman," has gone berserk. Seeking to control the world, he has kidnapped Dr. Mitsumori's only daughter, Lisa. Now he is hiding out in the mysterious Mechanical Castle. Your job? Infiltrate the Castle, rescue Lisa, and rid the world of this mechanized misfit once and for all!

Object of the Game
When playing a one player game, your mission is to find Dr. Mitsumori's daughter--ultimately destroying Black Bomberman and his evil followers. In order to complete your mission, you must advance through all 8 stages (64 rounds) of the game while scoring as many points as you can along the way. Look for special items during each stage--they will increase your power and your chances of finding Lisa!

When playing a two, three, four or five player game, you must defeat all other Bombermen and win a predetermined number of rounds in order to become the "Bomber Champ."

Page 7 lists enemies but without the photos it isn't much good listing. The Floater is called a Barom here, worth 100 points, and in NES Bomberman it is called a Valcom also worth 100 points. :) I love reading these manuals.
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
TG16 manual

Ah yes, that's what I mean. I tend to get the Japanese and western names of the system confused. I couldn't read the Japanese one anyway :oops: 

DragonBomber wrote:
It is hundreds of years from now, and you are the first robot created by the famous Dr. Mitsumori.

Mh... hundreds of year in the future. That doesn't rule out the possibility of having the story set on another planet too, but it seems evident that they had not decided this until the sequel Bomberman 93.
Dr. Mitsumori... I wonder if he was retconned into Dr. Ein (I've read claims that Ein is Bomberman's creator, but not from any reliable source)... or if it has been changed when they translated the game (but I doubt it, they would have given him an English name).

DragonBomber wrote:
Through a programming error, Dr. Mitsumori's second robot, "Black Bomberman," has gone berserk. Seeking to control the world

Eh, that sounds like the plot of Telebugs. Considering that they too had monitors as their heads, I wonder if it's more than a coincidence.

DragonBomber wrote:

he has kidnapped Dr. Mitsumori's only daughter, Lisa. Now he is hiding out in the mysterious Mechanical Castle.

Ah, so that's who she is. Although, honestly, I always thought so. It isn't hard to guess.
And the castle is... mysterious? :mystery: 

DragonBomber wrote:
find Dr. Mitsumori's daughter--ultimately destroying Black Bomberman and his evil followers.

Yeah right, destroy *lol*
I gather "his evil followers" translates to (or at least includes) the other Bombers you fight before he shows up. But seeing as they are not described as creations of the good Doctor, does this mean they are copies Black Bomber made of himself?

DragonBomber wrote:
Page 7 lists enemies but without the photos it isn't much good listing. The Floater is called a Barom here

They are called that in several games I reckon. It's really a mistranslation of Balloom.
Does the enemy listing say anything to the other Bombermen?

Thanks for the transcription! I had been trying to find one for ages! :veryhappy: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh wow, Dynablaster/Bomberman translation! O_O

I'd take a picture of my stuff but I think you have everything I have except Bomberman Quest, and you have a lot more.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Oh wow, Dynablaster/Bomberman translation! O_O

I'd take a picture of my stuff but I think you have everything I have except Bomberman Quest, and you have a lot more.

Bah, I still like seeing photos of other people's stuff. If I went by that logic I'd not have taken a photo because of the dudes and ladies I know online with more than I have. :sad:  I love the color and artwork most on the boxes, books, and packaging.

And it was text typed in from the TG16 manual, so it was in English, not Japanese. I have no Japanese skills outside of recognizing some katakana and hiragana.
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
They are called that in several games I reckon. It's really a mistranslation of Balloom. Does the enemy listing say anything to the other Bombermen?

Thanks for the transcription! I had been trying to find one for ages! :veryhappy: 

It doesn't say anything else about them specifically in this manual. It only says a couple more time in the battle mode info that you must beat them. Only the other enemies and the names of the levels are given on pg 6 and 7. I will try to start scanning my manuals in for those who want them I guess from work. I have a couple hours I'll be at work but not working (waiting for a karaoke event I'm hosting for students in one of our instruction labs) so that's perfect time to scan. The scans and txts are around but it couldn't hurt to do it again to save me time grabbing them from around the tubes. I like the pictures in them anyways.

I would say his followers, Kuro's that is, would encompass all the enemies that try to stop you on your mission. Not just the bombers in battle mode but the Barom, Shashakin, Nagacham, Ojin, Pontan, Boyon, Telpio, Parce, Arion, Bubbles, etc. As they are "constantly after you" as it says, then they must be allied with Kuro.

The funny tidbit I noticed when rereading the manual looking for bombermen details was that they call the skates running shoes in this version. I love the little differences between titles.
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, while you are at it, I would say scans of that album near the top of your photo would be cool :happy: 

And thank you for the additional info!
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Well, while you are at it, I would say scans of that album near the top of your photo would be cool :happy: 

And thank you for the additional info!

If you mean between the Coloring book and Shiro-bon doll, those would be my two VCD sets of Bomberman BB-Daman Bakugaiden IV. They are simple packaging that YesAsia sells labeled on their site as Bomberman Jetters for some odd reason. They are the Cantonese dubs of the series IV for sure though. They also have series V I want to buy, just to keep IV company. heh

Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Those are cool, and certainly welcome, but I meant the book in which artwork of the Five Dastardly Bombers from Super Bomberman 2 can be seen, to the right of those.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh hey I see that now, those are Magnet Bomber and Brain Bomber images from the Super Bomberman 3 manual. They look like.... trading cards. O_o
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Oh hey I see that now, those are Magnet Bomber and Brain Bomber images from the Super Bomberman 3 manual. They look like.... trading cards. O_o

That is exactly what they are, actually. The gray thing behind the coloring book is the binder I keep them in their protective sheets. I am guessing that is what Duke Serkol is referring to. My wife found these on eBay several years ago for me. Either for an anniversary gift or Christmas or something. I got the dolls as well from her.

I will try to scan those first this week as I can fit several on the scanner bed at once, and will get front and back naturally. I have not seen these trading cards on eBay lately tho Yahoo Japan might have them. I have seen both Jetters and Bakugaiden cards on eBay in the past year.
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I scanned in the cards at 300 dpi on Wednesday, and just have to crop them into separate photos this weekend and upload to my Flickr. Just giving you an update, I didn't forget. :)
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
:surprise:  I'm not Bomberman fan compared to that. O_o Good Job!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 4 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3194s
Index - Back to Top