BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
[BOJ] Bomberman Online Japan (2008-2009)
[Replies: 72]  [Views: 29668]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008)

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
There are some things about the game that could be improved for sure, but hopefully by the time they release the actual game, most of that will be fixed.

Oh, and I hate the walking bomb already.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
For the first client beta version there was loads of problems even just getting the game to start, hopefully they get this stuff fixed soon.

There's no IP ban or Japanese Only OS requirement, so there's no problem there.

For the people that made it in, the beta testing time is from 4am-10am EST. Did anyone else get accepted for it?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I got an email that looked not unlike an acceptance letter... sadly I can't read jap or fish so I decided to just wait around tell someone else mentioned it.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I got an email that looked not unlike an acceptance letter... sadly I can't read jap or fish so I decided to just wait around tell someone else mentioned it.

If you got it after or on the 8th and you didn't sign up for the newletter then that's definitely it, you could always try google translate on it as well to get an idea of what it says if you can't read it.
http://www.google.com/language_tools

For the people that don't understand anything at all, I made this quick UI translation from screenshots posted on the website and from the video.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5411/tempuitg01.png
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2415/tempuitg02.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3727/tempuitg03.png
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7372/tempuitg04.png
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4732/tempuitg05.png

Last edited by Razon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it was, (and I kindof thought it was), I'm downloading the client now but won't be able to test it tell this weekend.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:24 am  Reply with quote + 
The beta got pushed back a week on account of all of the problems, they obviously weren't ready by the date that they were supposed to be.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just hope everything goes along okay. I does look good, I think.

Plus, I find myself always lagging on Broomop's server, my internet being 4MB. Oh, and, to those who can't download the videos for some unimportant reason, I uploaded them to YouTube (I do know they were already there, but I did it anyway): here and here.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Well I enjoyed my first day of the beta, it didn't look very good in the initial video that they released- but the animation and quality of stuff is just fine.

I'll explain the Panel Deck System, the PDS works by giving you 9 panels to put items that you can buy in to it. Your character is limited to 7 slots, each icon that you place depending on what it is can take up 2+ slots. A single bomb/speed increase/fire would be 2 slots each, bomb kick would be 3 slots and so on, some icons only go in certain slots- so you can't mix and match certain icons. There's the type of icon that will make you start with certain powerups like bomb/speed/fire/kick/punch/etc, and there's the type of icon that are considered support icons that need to be called with a button (shift+x). On practically every round, there's no such thing as kicks, punches, line bomb, etc. 1 round had kick, another had 2 power bomb icons that you had to get to, and another had a single spike bomb icon that you needed to get to. Then another had the new dangerous bomb somewhere on it, which you need to be careful with. So having the panels can very be helpful, and is necessary really. Icons can be purchased and will last for a limited amount of time, 1000BP for a +1 Bomb icon for 3 hours, something like a +2 Bomb icon would be 10,000BP and would surely take up more slots. Kick for 3 hours would be 4000BP, and so on, then there's also a BP doubler that lasts 3 hours that costs 20,000BP which I found to be very much worth it. The best way to earn BP is to play on stage 6 with 2 people and the BP Doubler, and just work on getting BP until the stage is cleared of the blocks.

Moving on to the new Bomb Weapons, I'll explain how it works. I managed to get the Lightening Blade on my first day of playing, it costs 40,000BP and lasts for 10 days. Weapons can be activated by pressing (shift+z) after your special guage reaches max, which can be achieved by blowing up blocks- killing other players and as game time goes by before the time that sudden death would be triggered. You can save it for whenever you want to use it after it hits max, the lightening blade will place targets over every player and follow them until the last few seconds before it fires and hits that area with electricity- there will be 1 strike for each person besides yourself. If you or somebody else walks into the electricity, then you or that person will be stunned for a couple seconds. If they get hit by the initial strike then they get killed, I'm pretty sure. From the beginning to the end of casting the attack, you'll be invincible to bombs but not to the round closing in. It's good for avoiding dying when you're trapped, or trapping somebody else with you and then casting it. There's voices for other Weapons in the game data folder, but the only one that's currently in the game is the Lightening Blade.

For playable areas at the moment, I've only unlocked up to stage 8 of the normal area- areas and such can be unlocked by playing a certain amount of games or something of the sort. Things like the conveyor belt are really fast, and it's easy to have trouble getting off because of that- it can be switched on and off and have the direction get changed from stepping over buttons. There's small to very big areas that you can scroll through, they give you a map to see where people and things are. At the moment there's only single play, up to 8 people once you unlock that setting. The servers were really empty, none of them ever reached being 15% full. They all stayed below 10% for the second half of the day's beta, though they still ran in to some issues of people having trouble trying to join the servers and had to do maintenance because of it- even though there wasn't that many people.

Earning BP is easy, you get some from doing good in a game and winning- and also by picking up coins that you can get from destroying blocks. The more people that are playing, the less coins that you'll be able to get- some rounds also seem to have a lot less then others. There are 2 shop options are currently disabled, the avatar and some other one- hopefully they enable them before the beta ends.

As for the new Walking Bomb, that's actually just players walking around after they die. They walk slow and take time to set down and explode, and only do a 1 fire range explosion- and killing somebody with it won't get you back in the game.

The new panel icons that you pick up are only halves, so you'll need to get 2 of them for it to equal a full panel. Though I prefer full panels, this is barable thanks to the Panal Deck System. Depending on the game's settings, panels will either be destroyed or knocked away when hit with an explosion- when a bomb is punched on to an icon it will vanish no matter what the settings are. If BP coins get hit into a closed area, then they'll disappear very soon after.

Lag wise, even though I'm in the United States and am playing with people in Japan- it's pretty much non-existent and all of the matches that I've played have been lag free for the most part.

You can normally find me playing in the top lobby(server), I'm always up for agame. I'll need to stick some video recording software on my tablet, since it still bluescreens on my desktop when I try to start it.

Last edited by Razon on Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:09 am  Reply with quote + 
How about Fraps? It is a really nice one, although it only works with executable games (not emulator and such).

Here is the registered version, hosted by me.

I tried to play, but, unfortunately, I didn't register for the Closed Beta in time.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I prefer camtasia for recording video, it's compatible with most everything and gives me more options and controls over everything.

Since I was recording on my tablet, I rushed setting everything up so except for the last video so the sound is too loud.

4 Person Survival Match + Game Interface - Large Horizontal Map
8 Person Survival Match - Large Horizontal Map
4 Person Survival Match - Normal Tall Map
8 Person Survival Match - Large Horizontal Map
5 Person Survival Match - Normal Map
4 Person Survival Match - Tall Conveyor Belt Map

I'll add videos of the Tall Arrow Map, and the Open Map later.

Last edited by Razon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 am
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Would you mind if I posted these on YouTube, Razon? If you don't want to, or plan to do it yourself, it's okay.

About the videos, I'm not sure if I liked the game or not, but is it my impression or the movement is... I can't really describe it. Weird? I did like the enormous map, although the scrolling, at least on the video, makes me dizzy. And wow, I LOVED the Sudden Death. Now that was cool! On a side note, you pwned at the very last moment on the conveyor belt map!
Razon
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:02 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't mind if you post them on youtube, I don't have any intention of doing so myself.

Last edited by Razon on Sat May 24, 2008 8:25 pm
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#33  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks! I'll put most of them (except five, the Normal Map one, whose link is broken) today.

And btw, a question: I didn't see it in your post, but, who is the other character that appears in some of the menus and why no one plays with him? Is he just a normal avatar? I think his name is Marty or something.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#34  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:45 am  Reply with quote + 
I fixed the broken link, and to answer your question that was just a glitch that I came across so he's not unlocked in the beta.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#35  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:49 am  Reply with quote + 
lol, that's a pretty nice bug there, to see the second main character's model so early!

[EDIT]: Links for the videos:

Normal Tall Map
Large Horizontal Map
Large Horizontal Map 2
Normal Map
Game Interface
Tall Conveyor Belt Map

Thanks for letting me upload them!
Razon
Board Admin

Post#36  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
It was said on a gaming news website before that they plan to bring BOJ to the US after Japan, and then Europe. There's no telling when that will be though, especially since the Japanese version's first beta just ended.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#37  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:28 am  Reply with quote + 
In that case, then I hope it does not come with IP Block. I know some Brazilians are stupid and that our IPs were blocked in several IPs, but c'mon, it's not everyone...
Razon
Board Admin

Post#38  Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:50 am  Reply with quote + 
BOJ is scheduled for release during Summer-Fall.

There's going to be a Bomberman World Cup in 2010, taking place in many countries. There will be some smaller ones in Japan during 2008, both of them will be using BOJ.
chimino
Bomberbie

Post#39  Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm new to the forum and I discovered it after having some issues while trying to run BOJ, which I downloaded yesterday night. The problem is I just discovered thanks to you and this thread that it was just an open Beta, so... I think it's impossible tu run it right now, hence the reason why I can't even start the game when I open the .exe

It gives me an error window saying

A fatal error occured. 'BombermanOnline' ends.

Reason:
- app : bmo.exe
- type : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
- module : bmo.exe
- address : 001B:0058BD71

etc, etc, etc...

So, I think it's just a matter of time until it works again and they actually realease the game this Summer?
Razon
Board Admin

Post#40  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 am  Reply with quote + 
The game was just open for a week for the closed beta for people that were selected to participate, I read that they plan to release the game from Summer to Fall but it will most likely be during Fall.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008) All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2709s
Index - Back to Top