BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
[BOJ] Bomberman Online Japan (2008-2009)
[Replies: 72]  [Views: 29689]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008)

Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Official Website
http://www.bomberman-online.jp
http://www.hudson.co.jp/boj/
http://jp.shockwave.com/55shock/boj/
http://blog.bomberman-online.jp

Promo Video
http://www.mediafire.com/?ua90a10a6kj1hap

Official Service Started: September 10th 2008.
Official Service Suspended: January 31st 2009.
Official Service Cancelled: June 3rd 2009.

As of June 3rd 2009, the official service for Bomberman Online Japan has been cancelled.
The project will no longer be brought back, and the official developers blog for the game has been shut down.

Topic Post Regarding Cancellation: http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=13545#13545

Last edited by Razon on Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 am
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 am  Reply with quote + 

Last edited by Razon on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:58 am
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:59 am  Reply with quote + 
although he's probly just the generic rival character or something unimportant like that Marvie looks pretty awesome.
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have a feeling us crazy americans will be locked out from the get go, but it won't stop me from registering and attempting to win mah prize. BMOJ was a waste of a good year of my life, and I would be fool not to try to make it one again.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:15 am  Reply with quote + 
It looks very impressive. I'm looking forward to this.

Still, Broomop added a new level to his version of the old Bomberman Online, so I'm not burned out on it yet, and probably won't be for a while.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I need to try Broomops bmo again, I downloaded it about a week ago but haven't had time. I'll have a bit of free time in 2 weeks though.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Let me know if you do want to play. I might not always be around to play, but when I am, it's pretty fun. Usually weekends are better for me. (In most cases)
ajikanbm
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Where can I dowload bomberman online japanese?????? :hilarious: 

I can't find the link in the page http://jp.shockwave.com/55shock/boj/

Can someone give me a direct link for download the bomberman online japanese?????????

Please I NEED to play it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :star:  :star: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Beta isn't out yet, you might not even get a beta account, and even if you do it will probably be locked down to computers either running japanese windows or with a japanese ip address.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, thats what has worried me. US players are probably in trouble.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not worried, its not like i have some legal right to bomberman online or anything.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, what I mean is that I won't be able to play it. And I want to.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I want to play it and am almost positive I can't. So I've pretty much just put the games existence out of my mind like I've done with plenty of jap only titles.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wish it was that easy for me.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:15 am  Reply with quote + 
They released the first gameplay video, the game doesn't seem that good atm.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2xzz0q27qndi72d

Last edited by Razon on Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 am
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:15 am  Reply with quote + 
Looks worse then what we had before really... guess that means some firing up of BMO-THS is my future of entertainments.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Beta isn't out yet, you might not even get a beta account, and even if you do it will probably be locked down to computers either running japanese windows or with a japanese ip address.

So we need a JP OP?
If so, most people wouldn't be able to play it, being North American or British, or even Brazillian,like me.
Thanks for annoucing(is this word correct?) it, anyway. I would love playing BMO, but I will need to look for a server in English with English(or even Portuguese)-speaking people. Private server, of course.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ninja Bomber wrote:
fireball87 wrote:

So we need a JP OP?
If so, most people wouldn't be able to play it, being North American or British, or even Brazillian,like me.
Thanks for annoucing(is this word correct?) it, anyway. I would love playing BMO, but I will need to look for a server in English with English(or even Portuguese)-speaking people. Private server, of course.

That opinion is just based on how the old BMO blocked non-japanese people by making it required to run the game on a japanese operating system, there was never an IP ban and they probably won't do that with this game. They plan to bring the game to north america eventually after japan, and then europe and so forth though there's no timeline mentioned so it could be a long time. This is still pre-beta footage, they'll get a lot of complaints for sure and fix stuff in the closed beta.

There's still only plain bomberman characters shown so far, there's supposed to be avatar customization. Some simple things that they could do to make the game better is make some of the sounds less annoying, I heard some better music in another video, make the blocks break faster, add more frames to the bomb sprite, etc. And there will of course be an option to turn stuff off like the new walking bomb which looks like it just gets in the way, there's no doubt that the game will be much better by time it's released. It's not like the old BMO didn't also have a time when it started out with barely anything, that was improved over time as well.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
That thing in the first image...
It looks like a rage-mode!
What is it?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
That opinion is just based on how the old BMO blocked non-japanese people by making it required to run the game on a japanese operating system, there was never an IP ban- and they probably won't do that with this game. They plan to bring the game to north america eventually after japan, and then europe and so forth- though there's no timeline mentioned so it could be a long time. This is still pre-beta footage, they'll get a lot of complaints for sure and fix stuff in the closed beta.

There's still only plain bomberman characters shown so far, there's supposed to be avatar customization. Some simple things that they could do to make the game better is make some of the sounds less annoying, I heard some better music in another video, make the blocks break faster, add more frames to the bomb sprite, etc. And there will of course be an option to turn stuff off like the new walking bomb which looks like it just gets in the way, there's no doubt that the game will be much better by time it's released. It's not like the old BMO didn't also have a time when it started out with barely anything, that was improved over time as well.

And the fact that they do that for a WHOLE lot of games. Why not just assume you won't be able to play it until you can, then you're happy if you're wrong instead of quite disappointed. I assume every foreign game has an IP ban until I know it doesn't. The main thing that bothers me about this is everything looks well more choppy then it really should. If they fix that the only thing that tends to matter is how well they handle the classic battle stage really. Any other issues are pretty much ignorable.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008) All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 4 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2699s
Index - Back to Top