*Add your new info!*

* LAST UPDATED 12/02/11
Please post your location, availability and other info guys!*

--------- THE EXACT INFORMATION (will not be available for awhile)---------
When? - Unknown, but probably not until late 2012, the earliest
Where? - Unknown
Who? - Regulus, SSJ-Sonic, dakirbydude and Razon all probably willing to go

--------------THE ORIGINAL TOPIC--------------------

I find myself reflecting on the past of this board and how long a lot of us have been here a lot lately.

Most of us have been buddies for years now. I think our board is really worthy of an offline meeting. we're all getting older and I think a year or 2 down the road we could definitely pull one off if we planned it out together. I dunno, just a random thought.

I think I might've brought this up before but I think it would be really awesome if we all just met up somewhere and played bomberman/videogames, talked and just have a good time for a day or two.

If anyone's interested speak up. I'd love to start up a group/committee or something to plan it out. I mean it would obviously be planned for a somewhat distant future (like a year or 2) but yeah.

What are your thoughts on this guys?

--------------THE PLAN (2009)----------------

We must first find out all interested boarders' availability for the time they can come, their location info, how far they can go, and what they can contribute to the event financially or equipment-wise.

When we have figured out a suitable area My personal suggestion is to find a hotel or restaurant with Banquet facilities and make arrangements to get a hall or big room for ourselves for one afternoon/evening. I suggest this if we can get 10 plus people to go.

As a fallout plan we can possibly meet at a convention of sorts instead. The Convention will be chosen based on best location availability of interested members, and at least this way if there isn't enough support a lot of money won't be wasted and time lost for an unfulfilling event. At least with a convention you have something to do if people drop out of the event. I suggest this if there are only 5 or so of us interested in an offline meeting.

-------------PEOPLE INFO--------------
A Visual Map!
Spoiler:

-Regulus' Info- *updated 11/30/11*

My Location - Rhode Island, USA

Will travel - Most likely anywhere in the USA maybe even overseas depending on date and money needed. If in the US, I shall drive as far as the middle of the country and may be willing to pick up others (that would not be too far out of my way). So I could possibly pick up 1 or 2 people, since I'll only have a passenger car and I personally know a couple people whom are members of this board that may like to come with me. My brother SSJ-Sonic and my cousin Dark Elf (though he's not much of a poster) may like to go. If I have to go any farther then the middle of the country I'll probably just take a plane instead, (like if we did it in California, I'd take a plane instead)

Financial/Arrangements - Though I doubt the Rhode Island/Massachusetts area would be our meeting place, if it is I'd be willing to help/make the arrangements perhaps in conjunction with my bro and cousin if they are interested. If we do it somewhere else, which will most likely be the case I'd still be happy to contribute some money toward the event. I could probably save up a couple hundred bucks and may also get some cash from the other 2 I know (again if they are interested) there's no way only a 1 or 2 or even 3 of us should be fronting the whole bill so this is gonna be an important aspect to consider.

Shit I could bring -
Videogame systems- I'd probably be cool with packing 2 of these systems, NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Gamecube, PS2
Equipment - I have a TV I could bring with me if necessary. I have a 32" LCD
For Sega Saturn I have 1 multitap adapter and at least 5 or 6 good working controllers so I can get Bomberman to 6 players but we'd need a 2nd multitap for 8 or 10.
For my other systems I have sufficient controllers.
Notable/fun multiplayer Games -
Saturn - Bomberman, Guardian Heroes, Sakura Taisen Columns, Parodius
Gamecube - Bomberman Jetters, Mario Power Tennis, Puyopop Fever
PS2 - Guilty Gear X, Guilty Gear Isuka, Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Dark Stalkers 3, Arcana Heart, Castle Shikigami 2, Dance Dance Revolution Max

When I can go - My current financial spending power is weak. So i'd need to time save up for sure. When exactly would be determined by the location and other things.

If any of this info changes I'll let everyone know and update the reference post.

-SSJ-Sonic's Info- *posted 10/30/09*

My Location - Massachusetts, USA (although I know more about Rhode Island, USA; amusingly enough)

Will travel - Depends on my finical situations and/or other factors (if I'll get a ride via my bro or something, have a car with a GPS (no way in hell am I going out to completely unknown territory without one lol), etc.) But assuming all is will, I could drive about halfway across the US I thinks. And if in California or something, then I'd probably just fly.

Financial/Arrangements - Pretty much the same deal as Regulus.

When I can go - Pretty much the same deal as Regulus.

-Razon's Info- *posted 12/17/09*

Location - East Coast, USA

Will travel - (At least America) By car, unable to pick up others.

Financial/Arrangements - Willing to organize/help organize the event

When I can go - By 2012 for sure

-plasm's Info- Posted 11/30/11*

Location - Missouri, USA.

Will travel - East coast/Central "If I were to go, I might bring a second person. I've never travelled alone, nor have I flown before (crazy, huh?) so this is one of my bigger issues. I sort of doubt my ability to get somewhere far away in one piece on my own."

Financial/Arrangements -

When I can go - Prefers Weekends

Stuff - "Depending on the distance (and thus my mode of travel), I could bring a selection of games (and the necessary console equipment) if other attendants so desired. I might not bring things if I were to fly."

-Fireball 87's Info-

Location - Central Kansas, USA

Will travel -

Financial/Arrangements - "I probably wouldn't be willing to be split from my precious money though."

When I can go -

-dakirbydude's Info-

Location - Alabama, USA

Will travel - prefers east coast (as of 2009)

Financial/Arrangements -

When I can go -

-Bluebomberman's Info-

Location - Georgia

Will travel -

Financial/Arrangements -

When I can go -

-Info-

Location -

Will travel -

Financial/Arrangements -

When I can go -

-------------OUTDATED PEOPLE INFO (2007)--------------

-In favor-
Regulus 777
-availability-
Preferred: East Coast
Will settle for: West coast or Central
Unable: Out of country

SSJ-Sonic
-availability-
Preferred: East Coast
Will settle for: West coast or Central
Unable: Out of country

-availability-
Unknown

Angelus
-availability-
Preferred:East Coast
Willing: Central
Unable: West Coast/OOC.

Razon
-availability-
Unknown

Kuttlas
-availability-
Preffered: Not specified
Willing: Anywhere in country

-maybe-
Ao Bomber
-availability-
Unknown

Hammer
-availability-
Unknown

bombatwist
-availability-
Preferred: West Coast
Willing: West Coast
Unable: Central, East Coast, OOC. (until after school days are over)

Dark Zaphe/plasm
-availability-
Unknown

-not interested-
none specified[/u]

Last edited by Regulus 777 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 am
View user profile Send Private Message
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd be game. I just turned 18, so I finally have the freedom to go wherever I want. It might be difficult, as the users are probably spread out across the country. I'm in MA myself.

We could all meet up at some big event, like a convention or something. That would probably be the easiest wy to go.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
MA huh? thats cool. I'm from RI dood. Our best bet would be an anime con or something thats as close to as many members as possible. I go to anime boston every year. So if you go to anime boston you could meet me, lol.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#4  Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am not sure, I may be 20 as of right now, but I do not yet have a car or even a driver's liscense. Still, it'd be great to actually meet one another in person. We'll have to see at some point soon.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah that's also part of the reason I had said it'd be in the distant future (year or 2). Everyone would have time to prepare for it. getting licenses/saving up money/getting old enough to go on a road trip. lol
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:01 am  Reply with quote + 
I do indeed go to Anime Boston. What a coincidence! :P
Getting my License was a pain. I failed my first try. Hit a curb in a 3 point turn :sad: 

I expect that ost people here will be old enought to at least get their lisence. Bomberman is quite Retro. Even people like me who jumped in on Bman 64 are adults now.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I turned 20 this past summer. I didnt even get meh license till I was almost 19 lmao. But I got a 87 or soemthing like that on my road test. Wasn't too bad for me. the most annoying part was driver's ed.... boring as hell....

I'm still waiting for the anime boston online preregistration! But I'm definitely gonna go again this coming year. We should hang out for a little while one of the days. that'd be cool.

From what I've seen theres a number of us in the northeast and a number of us in the southwest. If 3022 and twist and whoever from california are up for this I could gather tose of use from the northeast and we could catch a plain down to cali. Then we could pitch in toward a hotel room or something.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would love to although I don't know all of you that well yet. The only problem is I'm 15 and no chance of it working til I'm 18 at least.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well if we do have one in a year or two and it works out well maybe we'll do a reunion a year or two later. lmao
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
This sounds cool and would be kinda neat.

However, I have no idea when I'll be able to do it plus I consider myself to be "that one guy who stops by and visits sometimes but not often" and therefore don't really know much about any of yous and you don't know much about me.

Ah well, I'd be up for it though, since you guys are cool and all.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#11  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey im 21 now
Road Trip!!! :P
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:24 am  Reply with quote + 
4 people in favor of it already! Awesome. To meet 2 or 3 of you guys it'd be worth it for me. Anyone have any ideas for planning this?

We should wait and see how many more people will want to do it and base our choice of location on that. As for time we should also wait a bit and see who else will want to.

I'm gonna edit the first post with a listing of everyone's status. and I'll keep updating it over time as we decide more stuff.

Once there's enough support for it we should make this a sticky too.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
would be impossible for me to participate due to that darn inconvenient Atlantic ocean

the plus that i passed my driving test a few weeks ago is therefore pretty meaningless :P

still, i'll enjoy hearing back from y'all afterwards
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
well it's certainly not impossible for you, just a little more difficult. You could always take a plane over to the usa, lol
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:57 am  Reply with quote + 
I also fall in the "20 year old with no car" boat. I'm moving next year, so that shall be rectified before then. Now i just wanted to save my precious college fund for something other then gas tell i drained it enough to get government aid.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
well it's certainly not impossible for you, just a little more difficult. You could always take a plane over to the usa, lol

if i ever win the lottery, ill pop right over ^_^
but for now thats way out of my financial barrier, especially what with University Fees rearing there ugly head around the corner
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#17  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:55 am  Reply with quote + 
lol, I know! trips are expensive! especially by plane. If you put a little money aside every so often you could probably save up for it in a year or two.

I dunno, my whole point here is nothing is impossible. It may take a lot of effort and patience but anyone could do this if they really wanted to. I guess you just have to decide if its worth that patience and effort to you.

If things in your life like financial problems make it too difficult right now then I guess you just gotta bite the bullet and deal with those problems first. Well even if you can't do it the first time there might just be a 2nd chance down the road.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:29 am  Reply with quote + 
woah there me'hartie, i'm certainly not under any financial problems ^_^ i'll just be skint for the next few years

anyhoo, putting a bit of cash aside every month seems like a pretty neat and obvious solution, i think i may do that

(and if there isn't a reunion in a couple of years ill spend it on something else, win/win :P )
Razon
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm somewhat interested in it, it would be interesting to meet people from the board after all these years. I'm way over on the east coast and far away from california though, I haven't gotten my license yet specifically because I haven't gone down to get my permit and do the whole process. I'll get around to it, in a year or 2 I should definitely be up for going.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:38 am  Reply with quote + 
awesome! I'm glad there's a high interest in this. We should make it a sticky!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 5 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2697s
Index - Back to Top