Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:
JET_ALONE wrote:
I think it'd be safe to assume that when localised it'll be called Bomberman Tournament DS.

When it comes to localization no one and nothing is safe.

Everyone's out to get us. :down: 

Be sure to carry some pepper spray.

I dunno, it almost looks like a Jetters story spinoff rather than the Bomberman/Max storyline (which collided with the original Bomberman storyline in Bomberman Story). Err.... uh.... :stun:  so.... many.... tie-ins....
View user profile Send Private Message
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I dunno, it almost looks like a Jetters story spinoff rather than the Bomberman/Max storyline (which collided with the original Bomberman storyline in Bomberman Story). Err.... uh.... :stun:  so.... many.... tie-ins....

That's what I was thinking too - it has a Jetters vibe, except that the characters are different, the name of the team is different, and Bomberman actually leads the team this time around. If you listen to the Japanese V.O. in the trailer, they call him Shirobon, so that could also be an indicator of...something. :oops: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
I cannot remember, is bomberman 5 available for download for emulators?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Um.... EVERYTHING is available for download on emulators.... that's why it's illegal.... >_>
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#25  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
If you listen to the Japanese V.O. in the trailer, they call him Shirobon, so that could also be an indicator of...something. :oops: 

They've.....always called him Shirobon.....haven't they?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes they have. Shirobon means "White Bomber", just as Kurobon means "Black Bomber" and so on and so forth.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Good timing for this, as I just got my DS Friday, joining the human race. If you want a good sample of what to expect from Bomberman Story DS grab the European rom of it. I have it on my DS now and yes, it is a mixture of interesting and odd. The supporting characters added are these animal people. It makes me think that Dr. Ein sent Shiro into a furry convention or some crazy space station where you have to be an anime cosplayer to maintain rank. Nothing against either furries or cosplayers, naturally. Just a bit odd to see Ein, "Cheerful White" as he is called in the European title, and then these animal headed people.

I have only played it a little bit, passing some training and starting my first board. Of course your teammate, some chick, gets kidnapped immediately by some bomber. Hooray for plot. ;) I think I will enjoy the game to be honest, as I liked the GBA version. I played it a ton on the emulator before I even had a way to play it on the real console.

As for this golden Bomberman cart, as a collector of bomberman and other trinkets, I would not buy it loose like this. That's just me, of course. I would like to think I have seen a box for this thing but who knows, maybe not? I collect for the packaging and artwork as much as the cart or disc containing a game. I haven't yet bought 5 because I'm cheap, and use the savings to buy even more games. This past month instead of getting anything expensive I bought PS2 Bomberman Hardball (PAL, complete), GB Wario Blast (book and cart), Famicom Bomberman 2 (complete), N-Gage Bomberman (complete), and GB Bomberman GB (US, complete, to replace the copy I sold) all for cheap. I spent more on shipping for some of this than the games themselves. :sad: 

My wife would kill me if I dropped $150 on a loose cart like this. There was a piggy bank for $150 I would have loved to have, and months ago there was even a Bomberman slot machine on eBay. I was so tempted... lol

For now, I'll stick with the roms for 5, the regular version, illegal as they are, and will buy it off someone when I find a price I like or when I get weak and settle for $50-$60 complete. I should probably put that gold cart rom on my card though, as it could be interesting on the DS and I don't remember what these opened up boards look like. I am loving the NES and SNES emus on it, though the support for SNES games saddens me as of yet. :sad:  Maybe in 5 years I will be able to play everything I want to. :cool: 
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
N-Gage Bomberman (complete)

Tell us about it, please.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
DragonBomber wrote:
N-Gage Bomberman (complete)

Tell us about it, please.

I do not have an N-Gage to play it but can scan the manual for you. :)
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
That would be cool :happy: 
ubersailer
Bomberbie

Post#31  Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I bought this exact cart from this exact link 11 years ago. I basically created an account here just for this thread. Any ideas of a realistic value? I see them listed for 300 plus on ebay but I can't find evidence of a sold one.
legato
Bomberman

Post#32  Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I can't speak on the price, but I want to ask: would you mind taking a high quality photo of the cart for us before you sell it? I'd like to add it to the manuals collection I was making some time ago.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1651s
Index - Back to Top