[Replies: 60]  [Views: 20174]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#21  Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh crap, here's a new one.

There's this dumb show called Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core. This is about some 10 year old kid named Ish (...yeah) who never gets picked for football games, and apparently we learn on this planet, the football stadiums possess "cores" that are essential to the world survival, and that some robots called "Blitz Botz" are after these cores and are led by some lame robot overlord called "Sudden Death" wants to use them to roboticize every living thing on earth and take over THE WORLD. :shifty: 

We also find out Ish is apparently 'the chosen one' and is tasked of protecting the cores, and because we all know that 10 year old boys are about as dangerous as a sleeping kitten, Ish wounds with the abilities of your typical football jock and then the usual stock superpowers.

. . .Yeah, It's every bit as retarded as it sounds.

First off, Nick heavily hyped this "program", which made you think that it would be somewhat decent right? WRONG.

The show is a freaking mess, the episodes all span no more than 5 mins (which is the ONLY good thing about this 'cartoon'), meaning it's nearly impossible to understand the plot in such short notice. Then this show was done in Flash (as usual), which mean the quality is shitty and full of that annoying jerking-bobbling movement.

The story also makes no sense whatsoever, why did the aliens blow up their own freaking planet and hide the cores on Earth? Why couldn't they just utilize the cores' power to fight the bad guys? Why the hell is Ish even listening to this random guy he doesn't even know? You think he'd be a little more cautious about strangers, never mind the fact that he's also alien (IIRC). Hell, why is Ish even chosen to begin with? Wouldn't any of the thousand of football athletes be better candidates for being the guardian? It's like some bad Avatar knock-off...

And. It. Is. Beyond. Cheesy.

"Ish... will save us ALL!"

Really, the only reason this show is even getting ratings is because it often airs conveniently before Dragon Ball Z Kai (I wonder why...?) or some other popular cartoon. The 'positive' reviews that are seen on the trailers of this cartoon were clearly forged (or were gained thru shameless bribing with load of cash) just to build more hype for this shitty five minute timewaster. The story sucks, the characters suck, and the animation sucks soo bad that it's the only way they'd even get people to watch this shit. The show looks like they threw it together in 30 mins and with 100 bucks and they somehow expect to make notes on it, doesn't work like that Nick.

If you really wanna throw 5 mins of your life away, here is some of the episodes, there's about 7 of them right now, but I can't be assed to find them.

EP 1: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/rush-zone-a-hero-is-born-full.html

EP 2: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/rush-zone-legacy-of-the-shards-full.html

EP 3: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/rush-zone-meet-the-sub-full.html
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
Oh crap, here's a new one.

Oh noes! :sad: 

BlueBomberman wrote:
There's this dumb show called Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core. This is about some 10 year old kid named Ish (...yeah) who never gets picked for football games, and apparently we learn on this planet, the football stadiums possess "cores" that are essential to the world survival, and that some robots called "Blitz Botz" are after these cores and are led by some lame robot overlord called "Sudden Death" wants to use them to roboticize every living thing on earth and take over THE WORLD. :shifty: 

Sounds like the creator is a football nerd with a lame excuse to make football important.

FOOTBALL!!!

BlueBomberman wrote:
We also find out Ish is apparently 'the chosen one' and is tasked of protecting the cores, and because we all know that 10 year old boys are about as dangerous as a sleeping kitten, Ish wounds with the abilities of your typical football jock and then the usual stock superpowers.

Holy sh*t! Superpowers!? :surprise: 

BlueBomberman wrote:
. . .Yeah, It's every bit as retarded as it sounds.

This is why I stopped watching TV.

BlueBomberman wrote:
First off, Nick heavily hyped this "program", which made you think that it would be somewhat decent right? WRONG.

Actually, around the time I stopped watching TV, I began seeing a lot of bad shows coming out. I kinda question if Creators are getting lamer ideas in order to achieve "originality" or if common human stupidity is taking place here. :/

BlueBomberman wrote:
The show is a freaking mess, the episodes all span no more than 5 mins (which is the ONLY good thing about this 'cartoon'), meaning it's nearly impossible to understand the plot in such short notice. Then this show was done in Flash (as usual), which mean the quality is shitty and full of that annoying jerking-bobbling movement.

Wow really? Honestly, I think Nick was the one being bribed this time...

BlueBomberman wrote:
The story also makes no sense whatsoever, why did the aliens blow up their own freaking planet and hide the cores on Earth? Why couldn't they just utilize the cores' power to fight the bad guys? Why the hell is Ish even listening to this random guy he doesn't even know? You think he'd be a little more cautious about strangers, never mind the fact that he's also alien (IIRC). Hell, why is Ish even chosen to begin with? Wouldn't any of the thousand of football athletes be better candidates for being the guardian? It's like some bad Avatar knock-off...

Meh, how boring. You don't even have to do any work to dig up plot holes. Having to think hard to discover those plot holes is where the fun lies! :cry: 

BlueBomberman wrote:
And. It. Is. Beyond. Cheesy.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

Good god man, I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself over this!

BlueBomberman wrote:
Really, the only reason this show is even getting ratings is because it often airs conveniently before Dragon Ball Z Kai (I wonder why...?) or some other popular cartoon. The 'positive' reviews that are seen on the trailers of this cartoon were clearly forged (or were gained thru shameless bribing with load of cash) just to build more hype for this shitty five minute timewaster. The story sucks, the characters suck, and the animation sucks soo bad that it's the only way they'd even get people to watch this shit. The show looks like they threw it together in 30 mins and with 100 bucks and they somehow expect to make notes on it, doesn't work like that Nick.

...the hell is Dragon Ball Z Kai?

BlueBomberman wrote:
If you really wanna throw 5 mins of your life away, here is some of the episodes, there's about 7 of them right now, but I can't be assed to find them.

I threw away 5 minutes writing this post! :peace: 

I'm not clicking those links... ever... >.>
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#23  Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:

It's a retool of the Dragonball Z Funimation dub. The main thing here is the fact that they have cut like 80% of all the filler scenes (and even filler episodes to boot) out from the dubbing. And the transformation/power up scenes don't take more than a few seconds now.

For instance, the trip to Planet Namek for Gohan, Krillen, and Bulma took like 5-6 episodes in the original DBZ dub; in Kai, they depart from Earth the end of one episode and are at Namek at the start of the following one.

They've also improved up the quality and formatting of the pictures a bit, and made it capatiable with widescreen tvs. so it's a lot cleaner now. There's also less woosley-isms and bowdlerizing (though they still censored stuff like nudity and booze references).

Other than that, it's same old DBZ people grew up with.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

It's a retool of the Dragonball Z Funimation dub. The main thing here is the fact that they have cut like 80% of all the filler scenes (and even filler episodes to boot) out from the dubbing. And the transformation/power up scenes don't take more than a few seconds now.

For instance, the trip to Planet Namek for Gohan, Krillen, and Bulma took like 5-6 episodes in the original DBZ dub; in Kai, they depart from Earth the end of one episode and are at Namek at the start of the following one.

They've also improved up the quality and formatting of the pictures a bit, and made it capatiable with widescreen tvs. so it's a lot cleaner now. There's also less woosley-isms and bowdlerizing (though they still censored stuff like nudity and booze references).

Well I've never seen DBZ to begin with. I just watched the Abridged by TFS :P In fact I never seen anything beyond Dragon Ball me thinks. I dunno, not my interest :P
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

Are the voice actors different, or at least better then the voice actors from halfway through the Namek saga onward? The replacement actors were just awful in comparison. I may actually watch some of it if the voices are better.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#26  Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, it's the exact same actors that did the original dub from that point on.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#27  Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 am  Reply with quote + 
I was never too crazy about Funimation's, dubs, a few were solid here and there. They tend to be too Americanized for me. Blue Gender and Fruits Basket were pretty decently done, while Full Metal Alchemist was quite good, but then you had Rumbling Hearts and many of the other ones I've seen which were not too great. I'm not sure how many of those mentioned were done in house though.

The other issue is hearing the same people too often in too many shows. usually using the same exact voices too.

My favorite dubs are mostly from ADV and Bang Zoom's stuff.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I was never too crazy about Funimation's, dubs, a few were solid here and there. They tend to be too Americanized for me. Blue Gender and Fruits Basket were pretty decently done, while Full Metal Alchemist was quite good, but then you had Rumbling Hearts and many of the other ones I've seen which were not too great. I'm not sure how many of those mentioned were done in house though.

The other issue is hearing the same people too often in too many shows. usually using the same exact voices too.

My favorite dubs are mostly from ADV and Bang Zoom's stuff.

I generally agree with this. As much as I like certain VAs, it starts to get somewhat annoying when you keep hearing the same exact voices in different shows (Greg Ayres starts to get old and annoying after a while, for example). Not that I'm saying the popular ones shouldn't be used, but dubbers should give other VAs a chance and give the popular ones a break already.

BlueBomberman wrote:
No, it's the exact same actors that did the original dub from that point on.

Well, there goes all interest in that.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#29  Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soo, 'Ren and Stimpy' aired on NickToons just now and I watched it...

And I suddenly remembered how terrible, overrated... and vulgar it was... Urgh, who even let half that crap get reviewed (let alone Green-Lighted and published)?! I had no taste for Toilet humor back then, and I don't have any now. The animation was awful too. It's pretty much the same complaint i had with Invader Zim - just predated by a few years. =\

I even heard they tried to revive the series and make it even more vulgar for adult viewers, but apparently the new series sucked soo badly -- it was canned within a month. Least I won't have to worry about that I suppose.

. . .

Seriously, I'm still bewildered at how the writers of 'Ren and Stimpy' managed to get away with so much inappropriate content for a children's program; it actually outdid SpongeBob Squarepants of all things, and SpongeBob was infamous for having an obnoxious amount of its inappropriate content fly under the radar.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#30  Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
Soo, 'Ren and Stimpy' aired on NickToons just now and I watched it...

And I suddenly remembered how terrible, overrated... and vulgar it was... Urgh, who even let half that crap get reviewed (let alone Green-Lighted and published)?! I had no taste for Toilet humor back then, and I don't have any now. The animation was awful too. It's pretty much the same complaint i had with Invader Zim - just predated by a few years. =\

I even heard they tried to revive the series and make it even more vulgar for adult viewers, but apparently the new series sucked soo badly -- it was canned within a month. Least I won't have to worry about that I suppose.

. . .

Seriously, I'm still bewildered at how the writers of 'Ren and Stimpy' managed to get away with so much inappropriate content for a children's program; it actually outdid SpongeBob Squarepants of all things, and SpongeBob was infamous for having an obnoxious amount of its inappropriate content fly under the radar.

Eww. This sounds horrible. This is EXACTLY why I stopped watching TV. Everything sucks now. >.> Well maybe not everything but you get the idea.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Can't say I'm a huge fan of Ren & Stimpy today, back when I watched it as a child I remember enjoying it though for some reason. Kinda strange, guess i liked toilet humor as much as any other kid but grew tired of it as a teenager.

For some reason though I enjoy Rocko's modern life. Like... even today. It has some similar themes but something about it puts it apart from Ren & Stimpy. I think it might be the characters.

I dunno, I think toilet humor on its own is useless, but if it has something to back it up or compliment it, then it can still work for me. Using anime as an example shows like Super Milk Chan or Mitsudomoe are series I enjoyed. Toilet humor needs a funny cast of characters to back it up. It can't be the main focus.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#32  Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 am  Reply with quote + 
I have to agree, that's one of the reason I don't like shows like Fanboy & Chum-Chum. It's all Toilet Humor and nothing else; on its own, only children will really find it funny -- as people get older (or more mature), they tend to find it more and more unfunny and tasteless. The gag can work if it's used very sparingly and is somewhat original. But when its (ab)used almost every minute (or it using stock gags everyone has seen thousands of times already) it can quickly get tiring. It's like the whole issue with 'Family Guy' all over again, trying to take gags that are only funny for like 2 minutes and string it along an entire episode; cheap and uninspiring.

That's why I'm gonna on a limb and say that's the main reason the Ren & Stimpy 'revival' flopped; Take away that Toilet Humor and you get a show with absolutely no substance.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
I never really watched it, but... Ren and Stimpy was one of those shows that was just drawn in a gross way. I hate that cartoon style.
JonmanOwnsYou
Bomberbie

Post#34  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Any cartoons that Nickelodeon makes/made from 2008-2011

2011 Nick: We're not just cartoons... we're sucky cartoons...
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I know of a suck-ass "cartoon" I came across long ago...

-Out of Jimmy's Head-

No, but seriously. This so-called TV show was like a terrible rip-off of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, complete with blatant rip-offs like Golly Gopher, Dolly Gopher, etc. And yes, it was formerly known in a feature film as "Re-Animated."

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#36  Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Mild layer of defence for Invader Zim from me here

Nicktoons botched the program's format from the beginning, most of the episodes were two smaller episodes which didn't make sense for the age range Zim was supposed to appeal to. There is a considerable difference in enjoyability between the very short ones and the ones allowed to run for the whole 25mins.

Theres not a whole lot you can do in 12mins, and most sucked as a result. But the longer ones like The Nightmare Begins, The Frycook from Outer-Space and Planet jackers i found to be very entertaining.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#37  Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Errg Ren and Stimpy I remember seeing that old show a long long(I believe in 1999) time ago and I don't plan on seeing it ever again

I know John Kricfalusi(he's very vocal about the golden age) got influence from Bob Clampett but really derange animation in too high a dose is never good

As bad as Nicktoon is a lot of CN cartoons sucks too, like Problem Solverz(gawd is everything bright and **** looking) and Mount Fort Legend Awesomeness(I think that's the name) flash is a terrible tool for animation 99.99% of the time...
BBZ
Bombertrainee

Post#38  Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why have no wrote ''My little pony: friendship is magic'' I freaking think that show is so annoying (I has a feeling this comment will drown me in hate), It's for girls damn it why do boys and girl at any age watch this sh*t. I mean, I watched 3 or 4 episodes... Bah, to childish. It's good that the girls got a show they can watch. BUT when people over 30 starts to watch this and make porn picures out of the show. They must really have a sucky life or worse.... Still living home at mom and having no work and failed school.

Either way I just like the art style it reminds me of '' Fairy odd parents'' which is my favorit show along with the Digimon anime. I think the dragon ball Kai is a EPIC anime I watched all the episodes of Dragon ball, Z and GT. Im so glad they sped up the show the anime. I mean Goku and freiza was fighting for like 20 episodes. Then again There was the ''Buu'' saga, But that one was really funny.

Eh I had a really good come-back at first but then I forgot about it when I was writing in this Signature box of mine and this is how you waste someones time, By making them read your Signature.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#39  Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
BBZ wrote:
Why have no wrote ''My little pony: friendship is magic'' I freaking think that show is so annoying (I has a feeling this comment will drown me in hate), It's for girls damn it why do boys and girl at any age watch this sh*t. I mean, I watched 3 or 4 episodes... Bah, to childish. It's good that the girls got a show they can watch. BUT when people over 30 starts to watch this and make porn picures out of the show. They must really have a sucky life or worse.... Still living home at mom and having no work and failed school.

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

Why exactly is it a bad thing for boys to like this show? I've only seen a little bit of it, and while it wasn't really my thing, I can see the appeal of it. I think it's nice that there's a show out there that anyone can watch and enjoy, even if they are not the target audience. It's much better then a lot of the other shit aimed at girls these days that's just disgustingly feminine.

And a typical "anyone who isn't a little girl who likes this show has no life" comment? Really? Who are you to judge? It's true that there are some fanatics who are perhaps too into the show, but it's like that with every single franchise out there. The fanbase does not represent the franchise. It never has, and it never should.

And before you say anything, I am not against you having a different opinion. As I said, MLP:FiM wasn't really my thing either. But I do have a problem with comments like "this show is for girls, why does anyone else watch this shit?" and "people over 30 who watch this must live with their mom and don't have a job and failed school". You're putting people down and judging them based entirely on one little thing they like which you happen to not like, which is something I find to be very obnoxious and disrespectful.

Recent stuff I'm into:

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Why exactly is it a bad thing for boys to like this show? I've only seen a little bit of it, and while it wasn't really my thing, I can see the appeal of it. I think it's nice that there's a show out there that anyone can watch and enjoy, even if they are not the target audience. It's much better then a lot of the other shit aimed at girls these days that's just disgustingly feminine.

And a typical "anyone who isn't a little girl who likes this show has no life" comment? Really? Who are you to judge? It's true that there are some fanatics who are perhaps too into the show, but it's like that with every single franchise out there. The fanbase does not represent the franchise. It never has, and it never should.

And before you say anything, I am not against you having a different opinion. As I said, MLP:FiM wasn't really my thing either. But I do have a problem with comments like "this show is for girls, why does anyone else watch this shit?" and "people over 30 who watch this must live with their mom and don't have a job and failed school". You're putting people down and judging them based entirely on one little thing they like which you happen to not like, which is something I find to be very obnoxious and disrespectful.

While I do agree with everything you just said, I must say that I do have a problem with its "fanbase". I think people have more so turned it into some sort of internet meme and there's tons of people following it. I get really tired of seeing it after a while. I'm not even sure if all of its followers watched the show, they're just participating because they follow just about any internet meme.

I won't criticize nor praise the show, as I've never watched it and possibly never will, if only due to me not liking to watch much TV. I just want to mention how annoying it is to constantly see this internet meme of it being used everywhere. I'm a bit surprised at the number of people that don't get tired of these things considering how often they see it.

Anyways, I do think that this could simply be BBZ's source of hatred for the show. Not saying it justifies his criticism if it is, and it most certainly doesn't justify the sexist comments, just throwing that idea out there while expressing my own views on it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3137s
Index - Back to Top