Sucky Cartoons
[Replies: 60]  [Views: 20148]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I watched Loonatics Unleashed for the first time this morning.

I would like to applaud Warner Bros. for raping my childhood memories today. :sad: 

Road Runner speaking = Insta-Phail :xeyes: 

And then I watched this crap called Super Monkey Robot Team Hyper Force Go! which was atrocious; It's Star Wars + Power Rangers all crapped down. The main character has Jedi-like abilities called "The Inner Primal" or some lame crap. And just glancing at the monkeys and the monsters will let you know that they blantantly ripped off the Power Rangers concept. :normal: 

... Anyone know any more cartoons that blow donkey chunks?

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:01 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh there are plenty of horrible cartoons out there past and presant..... I have no particular honorable mentions myself...
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Samurai Jack. I'm all for western cartoonists taking influences from anime but this takes it way too far. Every single fight scene is stolen from every anime ever since 1989. On top of that, it's butt ugly too, and as you would probably expect, it's got an extremely stupid plot.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, along with every other Adult Swim original cartoon, comprises approximately 50% of the world's unfunny reserves, enough to where we could drop natural gas and coal altogether if we could power cars with fail (if you're curious Uncyclopedia, Family Guy and new episodes of The Simpsons make up most of the other 50%). Literally half of the jokes consist of either 1) the characters sitting motionless save the occasional blinks, staring at their hypothetical audence howling in laughter or 2) some random thing, like a gorilla on a bicycle or a talking banana crashing in through the door and sayin "hey guys wats up" or something random.

Family Guy. It has its moments of genuine funny (approximately 1 every 3 episodes from what I've seen) but for the most part it's turd. They simply try to hard to be random which brings monstrous amounts of fail. Sadly for its creators its subject matter is too obscene for kids and it has too much unfunny for adults, so it's pretty much useless.

Invader Zim is so tragically unfunny I pity those who watch it. I might have thought it was funny if I grew up in a cave on the moon exposed to nothing but Family Circus comics and 1001 Elephant jokes, but I have an fully developed adult skull too thick for it to penetrate. It's like Family Guy but even tamer, for an even younger audience. What's a mystery to me is how Double Fine managed to create the damn funniest game I've ever played in my life (Psychonauts) with such obvious Zim influences (hell, thew main character is voiced by the same guy who does Invader Zim).

There are others worthy of being denounced but they haven't come to me at the moment.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#4  Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, Samurai Jack was the absolute last good cartoon made out there, I really disagree with you there. And it's not taking that much from anime, I mean there are no anime expression symbols like anger veins or sweatdrops as you would expect from a typical ripoff.

But YES YES and more YES on Invader Zim!

That show sucks so badly. It is so not funny, I don't even know what people see in it. It felt like the producers had to induce some brainwashing procedures to get its mass number of fans. It has its moments of humor, yes, but for the most part it's just plain retarded.

The graphics are too dark and blocky, and the animation itself isn't very impressive at all. Not many cartoons done in Flash are really.

It's chock full of factual mistakes and it's characters are very stereotypic. Gir is just flat out annoying, I dunno why Zim hasn't bothered to destroy it. And what's the deal with making 90% of the humans in the show look like idiots?

I'm glad they cancelled it, it's just a overhyped piece of garbage.
KuroErebus
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I take it you don't like the entire CN/Nick Roster Kuttlas.

I have some toons that I dislike myself, I just need to remember what they were. >_>:
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:15 am  Reply with quote + 
Wasn't Teen Titans disliked a lot for taking up a lot of anime references?

I thought Captain N seemed hilarious from what I've read. Just look up Simon Belmont or Alucard to see what I mean.
KuroErebus
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, but the TT director was japanese.

I've heard of Captian N before, never seen it anyways.
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Doesn't matter, everyone participating in its creation is a weeaboo. But it's at least entertaining, whereas Samurai Jack is about as good at being epic as Dexter's Laboratory is at being funny.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm personally going to have to argue for several of these shows:

Family guy: For the first 2 or 3 seasons when i actually knew when it was scheduled i found it quite funny. From what i remember it had quite a few cultural references that were far from what I would call completely shallow. Then again I like random or almost random humor as well, and think many times it beats "real jokes" even in actual conversation.

Dexter's Lab: ... I watched dexter's lab quite a bit... the seeming lack of plot, odd characters, nerd humor, and just a couple of references made a show that far well beat any other cartoon network made show that I've ever seen. Come on, you can't say that the justice friends wasn't at least a decent parody.

(And a note, I will fight for Aqua Teen Hunger Force... but not cause I like it... just because from what I could tell it was never trying to be serious or funny. I always thought it was just a show to make you question what the hell was the point... and to its benefit, it has to be one of the least distracting background noises there ever was. )
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omata wrote:
Wasn't Teen Titans disliked a lot for taking up a lot of anime references?

I thought Captain N seemed hilarious from what I've read. Just look up Simon Belmont or Alucard to see what I mean.

Oh man Captain N......

I watched that when i was a kid. I liked it cause of all the gaming references, but alot of the characters were totally out of character.... which did suck... but it was a decent show. beats alot of today's garbage.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I can see you all have better taste in cartoons than I do. Carry on.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:28 am  Reply with quote + 
I recently watched the curious George movie, and it was not bad at all.

Other good cartoons include original TMNT series (new one is not good), original GI JOE (new one is not good), Heman, Thunder Cats, Captain Planet (he's are hero, bring pollution, down to zero, fighting on the planet side... we're the planeteers, you can be one too, cause saving our planet is the thing to do, looting and polluting, is not the way, here what captain planet has to say, THE POWER IS YOURS) .

That is all that I can remember. DId I miss any?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well this is the topic on sucky cartoons... I don't have enough time to list half the bad cartoons i've seen, so I don't really feel like trying. Captain N you can find episodes on youtube and such still... Its really funny how off the characters were.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Let me sum it up here on the topic of "cartoon" style cartoons:

Old ones = good
New ones = bad

With the exception of some new cartoons that are actually good and old ones that are actually pretty bad.

Don't get me started on how much better the past was.
Mr. X
Bombertrainee

Post#15  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
-Super Mario Bros. Super Show (The 2nd biggest insult to the mario bros. Fitsr being the movie)
-Captain N (Oh God! bad animation, bad character designs, no development...)
-Dumb and Dumber (Yes, it became a cartoon series)
-Ben 10 (I'm sorry to the fans)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#16  Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Am I the only one who hated the 'Captain Planet' cartoon? That show was so lame to me that I dunno why people liked it. I mean the super hero looks so ambiguously gay that I'm surprised that the censor board didn't jump down on it. (I have nothing against homosexuality BTW, don't bother me about this).

The show had some of the lamest villains I have ever seen (A rat-like human, a pig-faced human, and a guy who looks like an anthro corn on cob?), with even lamer motives; most of their plots are basically money making schemes about as dangerous as any typical polluter gets, the few schemes they actually deviate from that is basically done 'For the Evuls'. And the characters, plots, and concepts were about as one-dimensional as it gets.

Not only that, but the producer/executive of the show was the same loser who forced the Swat Kats' cancellation due to being "too violent". I wish I was serious. =|
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey man, I don't know what you're talking about. My super power is HEART. HEART.

[Collapse Text]
:heart: 

But yeah, I only saw a couple of episodes of it, and it was a long time ago. It is pretty much a joke... I think it was a joke back then as well.

Actually Heart seems like a pretty good superpower, if you think about it. You could just brainwash everybody. Or... heartwash them? :normal: 
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
Am I the only one who hated the 'Captain Planet' cartoon? That show was so lame to me that I dunno why people liked it. I mean the super hero looks so ambiguously gay that I'm surprised that the censor board didn't jump down on it. (I have nothing against homosexuality BTW, don't bother me about this).

Honestly, I think the reason why people liked Captain Planet was because it was pretty lame (that theme song is so very catchy though). But it was good lame. There is no other superhero who was as concerned about pollution as Captain Planet. I guess they needed a superhero to worry about that while the rest of them are doing, well, more important stuff.

Nostalgia's probably at work regarding Captain Planet too.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I want someone to take old clips, hire some bad voice actors, and make Captain Planet vs the BP Oil Spill.

Captain Planet Loses...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I want someone to take old clips, hire some bad voice actors, and make Captain Planet vs the BP Oil Spill.

Captain Planet Loses...

Nah. Captain Planet would probably fix it by taking out a giant cork or something and clogging the hole to prevent further oil from spilling.

I'm sure that would work. :P

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 4 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1971s
Index - Back to Top