BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Midspace (not a story, but moreso a idea for writers...)
[Replies: 0]  [Views: 2415]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I discovered this interresting subject from a forum I regularly attend to, KRR. I shall quote this writer's reoprt about the idea of "Midspace", as I believe it's a very interesting theoray and worth spreading the word 'bout.

Kyusil, from the KRR, wrote:
THE LAWS OF MIDSPACE

As recorded by a sub-creator

Midspace is a realm of either nothing or everything. It is endless, with no boundaries and a potential connection to a limitless possibility of other universes, fictitious or otherwise. Thousands of established countries can exist within Midspace, each entirely oblivious to the fact that any of the others exist, simply because Midspace is so large. War can rage in one part of the realm while other parts experience perfect peace.

The sub-creator is a being born to create. They come from all kinds of worlds and times, but one thing is certain: all, at one time in their life, will end up in Midspace. There is no explanation as to how they are transported to Midspace, nor is there any connection to the circumstances of their disappearance and appearance. A sub-creator can only come from a real world, i.e. one that has not been created by another sub-creator. A sub-creator does not have the power of God, because their powers of real creation can only exist within Midspace; otherwise they are simply creating two-dimensional worlds that cannot truly have life.

We hit a snag in realizing that worlds other than that of Midspace can have their own sub-creators, too: authors, artists, dreamers… anyone who creates. The question arises: is Midspace an actual place, or simply a state of mind… a dream? It cannot be a dream, because no two people can have the same dream. And since it has been proven to be material, it cannot simply be a state of mind.

An answer to this problem could be this: if every sub-creator comes to Midspace at one time or another, how long is their visit? We do know this: it is impossible for anything to age in Midspace. Creatures can change physically and emotionally, can become sick or injured, and, if circumstances turn against them, can even meet death, but they do not physically age. Therefore, we can come to the conclusion that time does not pass while the sub-creator (or character) lives in Midspace; they can be absent from their world for less than a nanosecond and have spent years in Midspace. So the sub-creator could spend their time in Midspace and then later return to their world to find that no change has occurred. They then can share what they have created in Midspace with their world. This creation can take the form of a book, a film, a video game, even just a folktale passed on by word of mouth, but it can never become truly real outside of Midspace.

Since every fictional world had its origins in Midspace, every one of these worlds can be traced back to Midspace. Midspace is a terminus for all these worlds, and each one can be accessed though it, though only if the sub-creator accessing it has previous knowledge of it. One cannot simply stumble across a previously-created world; one must know its boundaries first. After learning all there is to be learned about a world, the sub-creator can access it simply by wishing upon it. The location of the original sub-creator is not a factor.

Characters are beings that have been created by a sub-creator. There is no limit to what they can be; a character can be anything from a human to a rock to a ghost to a completely original creature. They, for the most part, have emotion, intelligence, and potential for action, unless the rules of their world forbid them from having it. However, a character is completely at the mercy of a sub-creator, and not necessarily its own. A good sub-creator would allow their creations free will, but some create simply for the joy of having total control over another being. This poses a myriad of problems for a sub-creator; their precious creations can fall victim to another’s tyranny! The good news is that a compassionate sub-creator’s love for their creations (and even someone else’s creations) will always prevail over a tyrannical sub-creator’s lust for control. Many sub-creators travel Midspace liberating oppressed characters; oftentimes the freed characters will pledge loyalty to this sub-creator, allowing them to be his own characters.

Usually, a sub-creator or a character can come and go to and from Midspace as they please. However, they must find a way to get back to their world. This does not lie in physical transportation, but in a memento from their world: something that forcibly reminds them of where they came from. Once a sub-creator or character figures this out, travel is easy. However, to one who does not know of this method, it can take a very long time to discover the means of travel.

A character is created within their own world while the sub-creator lies outside of it, looking at it as a third party. After creating their world, a sub-creator can go into it, but this is generally a bad idea. Since characters, when in their own environment, are not under the control of the sub-creator, the sub-creator can be in danger of being killed while in their own world. However, when characters are brought to Midspace, they have no power over their sub-creator because of these laws, which state that Midspace is the only realm where the sub-creator holds any power. Everywhere else they are limited to their own strength and wits, and are quite mortal in any case.

Characters, on the other hand, cannot truly die. They can physically die in their own world or in Midspace, but since the sub-creator has the power to ‘go back?Ethrough time in their world, their story, they can bring back a living version of the character, perhaps from seconds before he was killed, and adjust the circumstances to secure the character’s survival. If the sub-creator does not wish to use their power to reverse death, they can bring that character back from a different time and keep them in Midspace, where there is significantly higher of a survival rate (for the most part).

Another factor is a character’s memory. Since characters are, for lack of a better word, predestined (unless, of course, the sub-creator makes alterations), they, at any age, and only in Midspace, have all the memories they will have up until the end of the sub-creator’s memory or knowledge of that character. Once they return to their world, they will only have their normal memories from their world. Midspace will ‘fill in?Eall other memories as they return to it.

Since a sub-creator can take a character to Midspace at any time in the character’s life, does that mean there can be two of one character? The answer is no. Just as there are no duplicates in any world (unless specified by a sub-creator), there cannot be any in Midspace. If a sub-creator wishes to meet certain characters whom they admire, then they will be relocated to where those characters may be (unless, of course, the characters are not in Midspace). Characters cannot be ?Etolen?Efrom their current sub-creator, just as long as that sub-creator still chooses to care for them.

This does mean, however, that a sub-creator can take, say, a character from one time period to Midspace along with characters from an earlier or later time period, even the former’s relations.

A note about travel between a sub-created world and Midspace: whenever the sub-creator is not watching the world, action will cease. When the sub-creator returns, the world will begin running again. Also, as long as one character is taken to Midspace, the potential lies for other characters to cross the world border and join the first. So a sub-creator must exercise caution when taking characters so as not to let any malevolent characters through to Midspace, where they may attempt to harm other characters or their sub-creator.

I have discovered today that a sub-creator can communicate telepathically with his creations. The reason for this seems to be linked with the reason a sub-creator has the ability to control his characters. However, this does not hold true for ‘adopted?Echaracters, though they can still be controlled by their sub-creator. I will not delve into this subject any further, because I respect the privacy of my characters, as should any good sub-creator.

Before it can be lost among the myriad reports soon to come, I shall present the magic rule: while creatures can function on any planet or world that supports their bodies, magic is far less stable. Each world has its own set of magic, or else none at all, and one world’s magic will not work in any other world. The same goes for Midspace. Midspace is a middle point for all worlds, and yet looking at this natural law, I can confirm that it is indeed a whole different world all together. Why does Midspace have potential to lead to other worlds, while everywhere else does not?

As I uncover more of the mysteries behind Midspace, I will chronicle them in this report. It should change often.

My regards,
Kyusil

So, what do some are some of you guy's reflections/opinions about this idea?

I'll quote myself from same topic on KRR to here.

I, Crystal Metaknight, wrote:
That's quite a read, Kyusil. And I too think it's a wonderful idea. I can see how other very different universes can intertwine with each other using this concept. Very wonderous, I must say. And it seems to make sense to me too. Very impressive writing, by the way.

(oh, and she had also stated that she wanted this theory to spread around)

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1466s
Index - Back to Top