Touch! Bomberman Land for US!
[Replies: 23]  [Views: 13978]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

Ereadfan
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure any of you guys know this, but heres good news for those that don't!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/725/725026p1.html

That's right, Atlus is picking this baby up for a North American release. I can't wait for early November!
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Atlus is publishing this game? Wouldn't it make more sense if Konami did that instead, as well, you know, Konami owns Hudson Soft now?

But anyway, a new Bomberman game for DS, huh?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Flippin' sweet!

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, one has to wonder what the heck Konami has been thinking.

Ah well. Funny that the first BMan Land game to come to the west will also be the first that goes back to the standard look of Bomberman (as opposed to the look of Battles and BMan on DS, for those who don't remember previous Lands games)
I doubt that could be a factor though.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:45 am  Reply with quote + 
:mrgreen: For a week I have been drooling for the release of Dirge of Cerberus, and the Wii :P . Just added Bomberman to my list. :veryhappy:  WANDERBAR!!!!!! ( too many WWII games...)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Blast, I don't have a DS.... oh well, I'm flat broke anyhow. :hilarious:  Don't ask....
FireFox516
Bombertrainee

Post#7  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man, I'm dying to get this game on my DS...

I'm still not exactly sure what the Main Quest is like... from what I've heard, it sounds like it will be the Adventure-Style from Bomberman Tournament, only more focused on mini-games. And I'm hoping the Wi-Fi Battles will be great... which I'm sure they will. ^_^
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
To Answer the Puzzeling question, I think the Reason why Atlus is publishing this game is because I think Konami only owns the rights to the Bomberman Games on X-Box 360 and PSP only

But, i Don't know, thats just me.

and Also, Atlus is one of the other most popular companies that are interested in bringing anime-style games to the U.S, look at they're remake versions of River city ransom and Super Dodgeball for GBA?

in my opinion, I think Atlus is still interested in releasing some Bomberman games here in the U.S, and plus, Atlus out ranked most of the poorer companies like Ubisoft and Majesco, which both of these handled the bomberman games very poorly.

since Atlus has handeled anime games so well in the past like Thousand arms,Snowboard Kids DS,ect, I think Atlus wants to compete with Konami.

Thats just my opinion, what do you guys think?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:
I think the Reason why Atlus is publishing this game is because I think Konami only owns the rights to the Bomberman Games on X-Box 360 and PSP only

But, i Don't know, thats just me.

So you don't have read this from somewhere? It's just speculation?

Anyway, I doubt Atlus can possibly compete with big, bad (figuratively speaking, of course) Konami.
And I don't think UbiSoft is any poorer than Atlus, but I guess I don't really know either :normal: 
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Speaking of Atlus, they also own the rights to the Double Dragon games now since Technos went bankrupted.

also in the past, Atlus has Published both Bomberman World and Bomberman Fantasy Race for Playstation 1.

Also, My other theory is, that you gotta remember that the Regular series and the Bomberman Land series are two completly different Bomberman series's, So I beleive that Konami now owns the rights to Publishing the Regular Series while Atlus with Handle the Land Series.

I don't Know, I could be wrong, Maybe i'm right. :surprise: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Konami probably just sold the rights to this bomberman title to Atlus for publishing rights in the US. It's like what Hudson did before. They didn't want to publish their games in the US and so companies like Vatical Entertainment would buy the rights and then they would release them.

Atlus is a great company. They release alot of those little gem type games that don't become mega popular but please small groups of fans especially anime type games as Chrono stated.

Some Atlus games I own....

Bomberman Fantasy Race
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

Another similar company is working Designs from which I have Dragon force... They basically get the rights to good games that won't sell really really well but will appeal to a certain crowd and they translate them for us.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:14 am  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:
the Regular series and the Bomberman Land series are two completly different Bomberman series's, So I beleive that Konami now owns the rights to Publishing the Regular Series while Atlus with Handle the Land Series.

Eh, I doubt they are so formal about it. Especially now that they ditched that lil' BMan design that was crafted for Land in favor of the orignal BMan.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:53 am  Reply with quote + 
There is the possibility that konami just doesn't want to take the chance of pubishing a spinoff title in a region where the series isn't very popular.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
What the Hell??? Someone is screwing with the Touch! Bombermanland section on Wikipedia, what does any of this have to do with Bomberman?

Bobobo? Street Fighter? Mew Mew Power? Doremi? Capcom? Viewtiful Joe? Taito? What the Hell? this information can't be correct, since when has bomberman ever crossed with other Anime's?

(If you count Dreammix World Tv Fighters)

And Since when was a Bomberman Game ever Published by Square Enix??? and since when has Square Enix ever had a Partnership with Atlus? This whole thing is a Hoax!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomberman_Land_Touch%21
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:
What the Hell??? Someone is screwing with the Touch! Bombermanland section on Wikipedia, what does any of this have to do with Bomberman?

Bobobo? Street Fighter? Mew Mew Power? Doremi? Capcom? Viewtiful Joe? Taito? What the Hell? this information can't be correct, since when has bomberman ever crossed with other Anime's?

And Since when was a Bomberman Game ever Published by Square Enix??? and since when has Square Enix ever had a Partnership with Atlus? This whole thing is a Hoax!

Bomberman crossed with Street Fighter? Count me in! *shot*

That article oughta be moved to Uncyclopedia once it's been cracked up some more. Anyone ever been to that site? It's quite amusing.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Bomberman - Yes, people, Bomberman's ultimate enemy is not the Dastardly Bombers nor is it Bagular nor is it the Hige Hige-dan...it's George W. Bush!

Speaking of that Dreammix game, has anyone here played that game? I'm curious as to what y'all think.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#16  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:

What the down-there-burgers?! Someone must have thought they were funny.... Delete that crap.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#17  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
That article oughta be moved to Uncyclopedia once it's been cracked up some more. Anyone ever been to that site? It's quite amusing.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Bomberman - Yes, people, Bomberman's ultimate enemy is not the Dastardly Bombers nor is it Bagular nor is it the Hige Hige-dan...it's George W. Bush!

Speaking of that Dreammix game, has anyone here played that game? I'm curious as to what y'all think.

Hehe, that uncyclopedia was histerical.

i've had interest in dreammix but i've never played it. It has Optimus Prime!
Emerald
Bomberbie

Post#18  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
If only my DS wasn't broken :sad: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is anybody else (as a fan) embarassed by that "Complete list of Bomberman games"?
I mean, not only it doesn't come close to having half the BMan games, but what's with this subdivision into generations??
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Is anybody else (as a fan) embarassed by that "Complete list of Bomberman games"?
I mean, not only it doesn't come close to having half the BMan games, but what's with this subdivision into generations??

So...uh...just how many Bomberman games are there, anyway? @_@ I think if you look at the compilation page for "Bomberman" on Wikipedia, it'll list more games, but not all of those games have an entry to go with them.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 1.1689s
Index - Back to Top