Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
[Replies: 15]  [Views: 5409]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
The news has been around for a while that the next new Pokemon games, Diamond and Pearl are due for a September release in Japan for DS. So far there's a decent amount of information and media available.

New Pokemon have already been revealed, such as pre evolutions and evolutions of existing Pokemon, and some entireley new ones. They've already been seen in other Pokemon media, such as the anime and recent games.

It's also compatible with Nintendo Wi-Fi, for trading, battling and voice chat. The day / night cycle has returned, and graphics have had a minor update. All areas are in 3D, but from the usual top view perspective as the previous games, and the touch screen is used for menus, such as battle commands etc.

Other small updates to game mechanics include a monitoring for Pokemon in daycare, male and female Pokemon differing slightly in appearance, encountering two Pokemon at once, and so on.

Is anyone going to get this game? Or does anyone here even like Pokemon? I'll be importing my copy of Diamond when available, so yay! And the new Pokemon look uber-kawaii desu. More information available at Serebii.net.

The aquatic weasel thing is called Buizeru in Japanese. It's damn cute and I want to eat it. That and the new Pikachu Squirrel thing.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:01 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm interested in this game. I really like the graphical touch-up they've given it (its an actual improvement whereas all the other games look the same with varying levels of detail). The monster designs keep getting more and more uninspired though =/. I hope the soundtrack is better this time.
View user profile Send Private Message
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Well I was hoping for a 3D graphics set up for the battle system, but oh well. You're right about the graphics so far, they look pretty good. And I've loved the soundtracks of the games so far. And as for the Pokemon themselves? Well yeah, people say originality is a major issue now, but I don't care. They're cute and I love them. :happy: 
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pokemon died for me about 5 years ago, and im an old fan of the Original games and show. I used to love going to school tradding and battling friends, and my gameshark made me a little popular i could get almost anything in the game give any pokemon any move. Pokemon Yellow was the last pokemon game i bought and i dont really remember what happen to it. After that i lost interest I dont even know any of the names of the new pokemon after the original 151.
Im so lost :stun:  but hey if this was 7 or 8 years ago i would totally buy it :P
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
PKE2000 has CorroCorro scans!

The new team is Team Galaxy...And so on. New screenshots and artwork is also displayed here, and that Pikachu squirrel still looks awsome. :happy:  And so does the sakuranba thing.

So far, the boxarts I think don't look that amazing. They're so plain. And Pearl's ledgendary Pokemon looks allot cooler, Diaruga, than Parukia. Parukia has power over time, while Diaruga has power over space. Neat.

In other news, the Pokemon Jungle event is due for touring around Japan, with Celebi available for download and a special Celebi mission for Pokemon Ranger available also.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Although I'm Not a Huge fan of Pokemon anymore like I used to Be, But this one should be interesting.

I mean, 10 Years, and they still continue to milk this Franchise Dry for all it's Worth, Pokemon should have died years ago.

I wonder how long they'll keep it up.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to this one along with the other new Pokemon Game Fushigi no Dungeon.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:11 am  Reply with quote + 
those things on the front of the boxes look like there from Battle Network

at any rate, the mosters look shite, simplisaty was the key when designing the original ones as they had to be easly renderd on the old gmeboy, with the new ones the artists rearlly went a bit silly

im not interested in pokemon like i used to be, i wont be buying this
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't think it was the simplicity, I think it was just the original pokemon designs were more inspred. The ones on the D/P boxes look like recolored versions of existing pokemon. I think they need to get a new artist just for a change of style.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Eh, I don't really like Pokemon anymore. I only respect the original games and pokemon. I won't be getting this one ethier, and if I do, it'll be when it's like ten bucks or less.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
I don't think it was the simplicity, I think it was just the original pokemon designs were more inspred. The ones on the D/P boxes look like recolored versions of existing pokemon. I think they need to get a new artist just for a change of style.

Diaruga and Parukia looks totally new to me. And in response to the art style, Ken Sugimori was in charge of Pokemon designs up untill the 2nd generation of games, but now he's just the artist. Many people think this is why the Pokemon look so different.

And Pokemon is a goldmine for Nintendo. Why would they stop at the 1st few games? They were horrendously successful and so were all the others to follow.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
God, they're still making Pokemon crap? I wonder how much longer until they run out of things to name the new Pokemon games. >_>
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pokemon Uranium and Antimatter coming September 2009
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sounds good.

Anyway, a new Electebuzz type thing was revealed a few days ago. Nobody knows what it is yet. That and a few more videos, here.

I like the weather implementation.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Pokemon Opium and Cannabis
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#15  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Pokemon Gold and Silver will always be the best games out there.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd have to agree there. Those games were brilliant. And Crystal too...Although my experience would of been better with it if the MobileGB service was still online. Oh well.

Rumor has it that in these upcoming titles, the available starter types will be Dark, Fighting and Psychic instead of Fire, Water and Grass. Interesting...
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1722s
Index - Back to Top