Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Lookin ahead... Games you wanna get!
[Replies: 18]  [Views: 6681]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#1  Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
The general opinion around here seems to say the new bomberman game isn't looking too great. So I was just curious, what are some games my board buddies are looking forward too?

I recently got Tales of Legendia and I'm likin it so far. I might want to get Tales of Phantasia for my GBA as well. Legendia unfortunately doesn't have the multiplayer option that Symphonia did but I think if you liked Symphonia you'd love Legendia too.

I'm thinking about getting one or both of the newer Shining force games as well. Being Shining Force Neo and Shining Tears.

However! I was always afraid to read up on Phantasy star Universe coming out for PS2 late this year/early next for multiple reasons. Being afraid it'll be different and suck or my fear of getting too amped for the game but the inevitable happened. After a few months of avoiding info on the game I finally read up on it and it looks friggin awesome! I'm definately getting it and playing online as soon as it comes out. Not sure how big of old school Phantasy Star fans this crowd is but the 1 player mode is gonna be more of the traditional style Phantasy Star and anyone thats played Phantasy Star IV knows it'll be cool. Might be alittle old school for some of us though. PS4 is around 10 years old and was for Sega Genesis. Just figured I'd throw this out there. I'm pretty sure we have a couple of PSO fanatics/ex PSO fanatics around here.

And if you've got free time get yourself a rom of Phantasy Star IV, wonderful game.

I'm like all into Phantasy Star again, argh!
View user profile Send Private Message
Amvien
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
The general

However! I was always afraid to read up on Phantasy star Universe coming out for PS2 late this year/early next for multiple reasons. Being afraid it'll be different and suck or my fear of getting too amped for the game but the inevitable happened. After a few months of avoiding info on the game I finally read up on it and it looks friggin awesome! I'm definately getting it and playing online as soon as it comes out. Not sure how big of old school Phantasy Star fans this crowd is but the 1 player mode is gonna be more of the traditional style Phantasy Star and anyone thats played Phantasy Star IV knows it'll be cool. Might be alittle old school for some of us though. PS4 is around 10 years old and was for Sega Genesis. Just figured I'd throw this out there. I'm pretty sure we have a couple of PSO fanatics/ex PSO fanatics around here.

And if you've got free time get yourself a rom of Phantasy Star IV, wonderful game.

I'm like all into Phantasy Star again, argh!
hehe psu seems like a awsome game I can't wait for it
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, right know I'm playing World of Warcraft. Awesome game. =P
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Waiting for phantasy star universe, was supposed to come out in march in japan but no. They had to move the date to tba 2006.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
absolutely bog all at the moment

maby the rev will have some interesting stuff
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Waiting for phantasy star universe, was supposed to come out in march in japan but no. They had to move the date to tba 2006.

Yeah, It has been delayed a few times but if you ask me if they need a delay by all means take it. I want them to take their time making this game as awesome as possible. No more of this rushed crap they've been doing with Sonic. Maybe the Sonic fans can tolerate that nonsense but if Sonic team messes this up we're gonna kick their butts!

So I think the delays are a good thing. I mean I'm as anxious as the next PSO lover but I wanna get a high quality game.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ive been getting out of console games recently. Nothing good has been coming out. I plan on geting Tales of Legendia ASAP. Im also looking forward to Metroid Prime Hunters.
My Roms and my Anime (and the tons of games I bought but never beat) are keeping me occupied.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
id like to turn back on what i said earlier, iv just heard that Chibi Robo will be getting itself over to eaurope

i want it :cool: 
MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey Regulus, you can still play PSO online in case you're interested lol. I still do.

I'm getting Metroid Prime Hunters ASAP.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:03 am  Reply with quote + 
All the item hacking and such has killed alot of the fun in the game. I don't like the idea of playing with all these people that have every item in the game because they cheated. Plus I don't know enough people that still play online that I could play with.

You still play the game clean or do you have hacked stuff? I'd play with you maybe but there isn't really anyone else... If you're getting Phantasy Star Universe I'll definatally play with anyone here that needs teammates.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
All the item hacking and such has killed alot of the fun in the game. I don't like the idea of playing with all these people that have every item in the game because they cheated. Plus I don't know enough people that still play online that I could play with.

You still play the game clean or do you have hacked stuff? I'd play with you maybe but there isn't really anyone else... If you're getting Phantasy Star Universe I'll definitely play with anyone here that needs teammates.
There is around 100 people normally on I think and I'm considering getting the Japanese version, would you be up for that? I'd probably get it when it comes out in the USA too but it will most likely come out in Japan first.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm just going to wait for the us release, but if you're getting that one anyway I'll still play with you on that one if you want.

Yeah though I don't want to go through importing and then playing it just for the english version to come out a few months or so later.

Post#13  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm saving all my money...So I can't really get any of the "Latest" games and stuff. Therefor, I'm just buying lotsa little old ones for my collection. Nameley YuGiOh DuelMonsters4, BattleNetwork Rockman Exe and Bomberman Story. I currently have my eye on some other Rockman Exe games too, but other than that...

...Don't think I'll be getting any new games for a while. Hmm.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:25 am  Reply with quote + 
I sometimes do something similar to that. I'll just grab cheaper older games, but in bulk and then play them all. The ones I like I add to my shelf and end up playing consistantly, the ones that are okay I add to my shelf mainly to make it look nicer and only play it on a uncommon occasion and the ones I absolutely hate or don't work I obviously trade back in. I've gotten some of my favorite games that way.

Gradius III
Sunset Riders
Zone of the Enders
Dariius Twin

There are others but I can't think of any. All of these games I payed less then 15$ for.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well then, go us! I find it more enjoyable to buy lots of old but decent games than just one new game, which takes ages to save up for (And more money too :down:  ). Not to mention my collection grows faster this way!

Oh, while I'm here, my Collection so far.

See? Just because games are old doesn't mean they're bad. You can still get allot of enjoyment out of them. Unforytunateley, the best stuff is always really expensive, no matter how old. :xeyes: 

Ah! I think i'm off topic. I'll go now. :oops: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 
You have a very nice collection page in terms of how organized and detailed it is.

This is my console gaming collection. Don't let it serve as an intimidation but more of a looking forwardness of things to come.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Behemos?objType=1

By the way I noticed you have Tales of Symphonia. IMO best gamecube game ever. Its teh awesome.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Impressive, over 100 games!! :happy:  I used to have that many, but realised what bad condition they were in and thought "...No" and sold them all in exchange for Japan only titles. :normal:  Even the ones in good condition! I just can't stand games in english now. :down: 

And I'm still doing this today, quite obviously. :hilarious: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't have any japanese games yet

I'm not looking forward to finding and printing out translations for the games I do want. *mostly saturn titles*
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Eh, I know basic japanese so it isn't that difficult for me. But there has been more than one time where I've had no idea what I've been doing. :down: 

Mind you, having all those extra's on the japanese games is usually a benefit. Not to mention decent boxart.

Why Capcom, why. :cry: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1946s
Index - Back to Top