Mario Kart DS
[Replies: 13]  [Views: 4776]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is anyone else looking forward to this title? I sure am.

Especially with the Wi-Fi technolgy! And with the Labtop I'll be getting I can play broadband in my dorm too! =o

This is some of the features:

:arrow: The game will have 8 playable characters:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Wario, Yoshi, Bowser, DK.

:arrow: The game will feature 8 player mutliplayer and 8 player online gameplay.

:arrow: The game will feature over 30 different courses and raceways, and a battle mode for multiplayer (not online) along with a single player battle mode (which is a first).

:arrow: There are some coruses from preveous title in this game like Moo Moo Farm (MK64), Peach Circuit (Super Curcuit), Luigi Curcuit (Double Dash), and Mario Curcuit (Super Mario Kart)

:arrow: The game will be playable just by yourself, you and up to eight friends can play together, or you can play online with 8 players.

:arrow: You can choose any of the eight characters, even if someone else has already picked that same character. The racers will have your name above their head so you can tell the different between the eight Luigi's that are racing together!

:arrow: The bottom screen is a two-zoom map. You can view a zoomed out map that shows the entire course and where everyone is.. or you can zoom in and see a detailed map of your character and everything near him/her - including items and traps! (You press X to swap.)

:arrow: You will be able to draw your own small decals on your Kart to make it looks snazzy when racing against your friends!

:arrow: DS Download Play can be used to allow up to eight racers to play together if they don't own the game themselves! (In this mode EVERYONE will have to pic a different character, no decals, no special anything really - just flat out plain Mario Kart racing!)

Note: I found this info from various sorces AND/OR users from other forums. So not ALL of it will be true...

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:08 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
i was getting interested until the part where you said

Quote:
So not ALL of it will be true...

hopefully most of it is true, it sounds better than i expected!
Nukeman
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I looking forward to it to. I been wait so fricken long for some GOOD 3-D games for the DS to come out. Mario Kart may be what some DS owners are looking for. I've given up on metroid hunters.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Its the only reason I'm keeping my DS.. And Welcome To The Bomberman Board Nukeman.. Careful not to spam though or ao bomber will BiTe you.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Actually there's alot of games comnig out in the next few monthes that are catching my interest. Though not DS I figure I shall mention them.

Battalion Wars - A real time military strategy game for Gamecube based on the advance wars series. (Advances Wars is good stuff may i add.)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - This is my most anticipated game of the year. I love the Fire Emblem series and can hardly wait for this one to come out.

Megaman X collection is coming out. I'll probly buy it just because I get most every megaman game that comes out.

Mario dance dance revolution looks interesting and I'm sure at least one person in my family will eventually get it. Probly not me though.

There is a game coming out based on the Chronicles of Narnia book "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". I think an adventure game based on that would be so cool. I don't know if any of you have read the book but its a childhood favorite of mine.

There is a GBA game that recently came out called Sigma Star Saga and its an RPG styled gradius type shooter and I think that's an awesome concept.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Megaman X collection is coming out. I'll probly buy it just because I get most every megaman game that comes out.

Mario dance dance revolution looks interesting and I'm sure at least one person in my family will eventually get it. Probly not me though.

There is a game coming out based on the Chronicles of Narnia book "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". I think an adventure game based on that would be so cool. I don't know if any of you have read the book but its a childhood favorite of mine.

When i first heard about the mm X collection, i was really excited about it and still am... though, i'm not sure when its coming out. From what i've heard though, the game consist of mm X 1 through 6, and also including megaman battle and chase which i've heard is a racing game of some sorte that involves mm charactors (might be fun :sigh: ) . But there actually going to make a dance dance revolution version of mario? :stun:  huhh... dont like dance dance revolution all that mutch, but a mario version sounds sorta interesting...

As for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, i've read the book and thought it was great. I've also read most of the Magician's nephiew(i should finish reading it sometime) If you've never read or heard about it, it's considered the first volume of the cronicles of narnia and takes place 60 to 70 years or so before the events that accured in the second book '' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". I have one big narnia book that holds all seven chronicles in one book. I guess it's cool that a game is coming out based off the books like they did for the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but what i'm really waiting for is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie thats coming out in theaters on december 9th. I saw the previews to it when i went to see starwars episode lll, and from the looks of it, i was really impressed and can't waite for it to come out...

Last edited by THE Gold Bomberman on Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:16 pm
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I read all the Narnia stuff when i was younger, though i remember very little of it.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Its been awhile since I've read them too. I'll have to make some time to read them in the coming months. And there being a movie on it is news to me. That's really cool. I'll have to go see it when it comes out.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#9  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey look at this. There's going to be unlockable karts for this game too!

Luigi's new kart looks spiffy... ^ ^

DK's Rambi kart looks awesome!

Mario's got a cool formula kart! XDD

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media.cfm?action=artgallery&id=2141

More updates to come!
Razon
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:17 am  Reply with quote + 
New videos! These actually have sound unlike all the other one's on the internet, only 11 more days to go intill release.

http://media.gba.gamespy.com/media/682/682877/vids_1.html
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#11  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Rats you beat me to it! :mad:  I shall kill you now.

BLAM!!!

But anyway I'll give the specs later!

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:29 pm
Razon
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:10 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#13  Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I watched the 30 minute movie from Gamespot on Mario Kart DS. And the bit about the Balloon Battle and Shine Runner is very interesting. I'll fill you in...

The basics of Balloon Battle are unchanged from Mario Kart: Double Dash, meaning you can steal balloons if you ram someone after using a mushroom or a Starman.

But the twist in MKDS is when you start a Balloon match, you always start with just ONE balloon. Yes, you heard me, just one. But this is where it gets interesting, If you look at the top right corner of the Top Screen you'll see 4 balloon icons; that's your extras. If you want to equip one to increase your HP. You must either press select rapidly or blow into the DS mic to inflate it. Doing the latter is faster but it cuts your dignity level a bit if you do it in public. =P It does not count as a balloon until you inflate it completely. Meaning, getting hit with one balloon equipped and just a half inflated one will spell "Game Over" for you, The End. =P

Once you inflate it, then it'll count as a extra balloon and will take one from the stock. The problem is doing this while you dodge all kinds of attacks from all fronts. This is definitely gonna take some strategy as far as defense goes. Especially when there's gonna be 7 other racers out to get you.

As for for Shine Runner, It's basically a elimination match. When the match starts, the clock is set to one minute. You have to collect as many Shine Sprites in the play fleid as you can in that time limit. If you get hit by enemy fire, you'll drop one and it'll fly to another location.

When the timer hits Zero, the player(s) with the lowest score will get booted from the match. The clock will then reset to only 25 seconds and the process will repeat until the winner is decided. Sounds simple doesn't it? That's all the battle matches for MKDS, they're might me hidden extra ones like "Shine Thief" from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! but I doubt it...

I think I'll be playing Balloon Battle more than the Shine Runner battle. But I'm still not sure if you will turn into a Bob-omb Kart when you lose your last balloon, but I have a feeling they might have it here. =3

Oh BTW, Block Fort from MK64 is back, and it looks better than ever too! Will post a pic of it when I can. Pipe Plaza from MKDD is also here too.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#14  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I got it today, It's really fun! ^_^ Now to find a hotspot... :shifty: 

I played ballon battle on easy (I played on Block Fort of coruse ;) ) and it took 10 minutes for me to beat the CPUs! O_o

It's hard to locate emenies let alone attack them. O_o

Anyone else played Balloon Battleor even the game itself? I'm gonna try Shine Runner now...
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1699s
Index - Back to Top