Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
GameLosers
[Replies: 9]  [Views: 5493]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Website Related

Nintendork
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is a forum for general gaming discussion, it's been very succesful (at least according to some of my members) and was created on Febuary 16th, 2005. Check it out if you'd like.

Last edited by Nintendork on Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 pm
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:52 am  Reply with quote + 
hmm it says Page not found.....
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Lets see, as of now, page not found... as of when i clicked the link before when i still really didn't have time to post, size is pretty small (though I end up leaving big forums because i don't have time to read hundreds of simular posts to what was already said, let alone hundreds of in depth opinions on what was already said.). I didn't read any of the posts.

Now for the hopefully constructive critisisms... (which tend to be pretty few when it comes to web forums)

First and foremost, the graphics are default, very very default. Even the logo was the default PHPBB instilation. If you want to gain lasting members, (being that your general and will not gain membership from any accompaning other work like say, a game developers form gains membership from the fans of the game) You might want to put together some fancy graphics.

Lastly and most certainly leastly, having your own server is nice. The server this is on, doesn't look like one I would pay for. Especially concidering that Page Not Found thing.

Hope some of that is helpfull, and none of it crule or rude or something, as i tend to go on tangents without even realizing it. Plus its like 5AM and i havn't been able to sleep well for the past few days, so yeah, anything can be defended by claims of insanity...
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
REMOVED harsh criticism.

Last edited by Razon on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:35 am
Nintendork
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the... "informative" review Razon. I think the first two replies made it clear that the site was down.

I dunno why the page is down, that rarely happens, and it's the first time I've seen it happen. But before criticizing it so much, you really should look at the page:

First of all, there USED to be a logo. But due to them changing their style for uploading logos and all, it was deleted. If you had actually looked at some of the posts, you would've realized this due to the new banner contest thing.

Second, I cannot make good templates, but I have requested that other members do (so far none). But registered members can choose between three other templates that I have chosen (yes, I did get permission to use them).

And lastly, I don't know what happened last night. It worked fine for me when I got to bed, but now the site seems to be down for some odd reason. I'm not changing hosts because not only did I find this host as an ad on GameWinners (which is what gave me the idea for the site), but there have been so many posts and stuff there that I don't just wanna move. Besides, me and the owner of that site are pretty good friends now. So I'm not changing hosts. And also keep in mind this is like the first time the site has gone down.

Last edited by Nintendork on Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:51 pm
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nintendork wrote:
First of all, there USED to be a logo. But due to them changing their style for uploading logos and all, it was deleted. If you had actually looked at some of the post, you would've realized this due to the new banner contest thing.
Didn't really have the time to look at the posts, as I beleave i said. I've been to hundreds of forums anyway, like many gamers. My decision wheather to read posts is done at first glance, anyway, and unless theres a reason im there (like a clan board) if anyone uses a default skin as their default skin, i probably wont read it.

Nintendork wrote:
Second, I cannot make good templates, but I have requested that other members do (so far none). But registered members can choose between three other templates that I have chosen (yes, I did get permission to use them).
I can live with that, i have no artistic tallent personally.

Nintendork wrote:
Besides, me and the owner of that site are pretty good friends now. So I'm not changing hosts.
Thats fine by me, but what about the posibility for a domain name.
Nintendork
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well it turns out the site completely changed it's format and URL style. I updated the link, but a lot of things still don't work right due to the new style.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Nintendork wrote:
Thanks for the... "informative" review Razor.
Its not Razor its Razon...
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
REMOVED harsh criticism.

You didn't have to tune him out...
Nintendork
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
What the crap... it's back to the original URL? This thing is getting screwed... I'm gonna have to ask the webmaster about all this crap. Anyways, try now... it should work. Sorry for all the madness.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Website Related All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1540s
Index - Back to Top