0%  [ 0 ]
Baku
 50%  [ 2 ]
Bomberman Generation
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bomberman Jetters
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes: 4

The voting period has ended on this poll.
Jul 15, 2017  to  Jul 17, 2017

BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
What is your favorite 3D Bomberman Game (Baku Bomberman/Bomberman 64 for example)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonbaman Or Bomberman. Take your pick.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:21 am  Reply with quote + 
This is a weird poll, it only has like... one option.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:

Did the poll glitch out? When I look at the poll it has 5 options.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
BakuBonba wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

I'm poking fun at the options, or lack thereof.

While Generation and Jetters run more side by side to each other in comparison, Generation ends up being closer to B64 while Jetters ends up being closer to TSA, but in both cases they're almost strictly worse versions respectively.

The biggest question is between B64, TSA, and Hero as they're more distinctly different. However as much as I like TSA and think Hero is an okay game that kind of tried I guess, both are much weaker games compared to B64.

Hero falls short for its weaker level design, something that defines whether a game like that would be considered any good or not.

TSA has a bundle of high and low points all around, but its gameplay definitely has a lot of low points with almost half the levels sucking for various reasons and the rest are typically more like "okay".

B64 is just a much more solid game than any of the other choices. The only thing TSA has over it is that TSA has more potential depth in its combat focused gameplay, but this is negated by the terrible design of Remote Bombs and how easily accessible they are, which removes nearly all of the combat depth. Left behind is more linear level design to B64, which becomes more of a grind to go through given that Remote Bombs just removed combat depth and there's a number of forced encounter rooms that have to be cleared out before the doors open. Then, the game also uncleverly tries to lengthen game time by involving backtracking or dumb things that take no brain power and are just designed to waste time. Compare this to B64's more clever use of Gold Cards, allowing the player to run through the same levels but with a different preset, giving a completely different experience.

So yeah, B64 is just a much better game than any of them.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
BakuBonba wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

I'm poking fun at the options, or lack thereof.

While Generation and Jetters run more side by side to each other in comparison, Generation ends up being closer to B64 while Jetters ends up being closer to TSA, but in both cases they're almost strictly worse versions respectively.

The biggest question is between B64, TSA, and Hero as they're more distinctly different. However as much as I like TSA and think Hero is an okay game that kind of tried I guess, both are much weaker games compared to B64.

Hero falls short for its weaker level design, something that defines whether a game like that would be considered any good or not.

TSA has a bundle of high and low points all around, but its gameplay definitely has a lot of low points with almost half the levels sucking for various reasons and the rest are typically more like "okay".

B64 is just a much more solid game than any of the other choices. The only thing TSA has over it is that TSA has more potential depth in its combat focused gameplay, but this is negated by the terrible design of Remote Bombs and how easily accessible they are, which removes nearly all of the combat depth. Left behind is more linear level design to B64, which becomes more of a grind to go through given that Remote Bombs just removed combat depth and there's a number of forced encounter rooms that have to be cleared out before the doors open. Then, the game also uncleverly tries to lengthen game time by involving backtracking or dumb things that take no brain power and are just designed to waste time. Compare this to B64's more clever use of Gold Cards, allowing the player to run through the same levels but with a different preset, giving a completely different experience.

So yeah, B64 is just a much better game than any of them.

Personally, I enjoy Bomberman 64 the most out of them all. Hero was fun but I found B64 to be better. TSA has Sky Planet Horizon, Prison Planet Thantos, and Backtracking.
Bomberman Generation is what happens when you water down B64 to the extreme. And don't even get me started with Bomberman Jetteration (Jetters).
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1678s
Index - Back to Top