Users browsing this topic: 3 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#221  Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
I just finished the game last night, and yeah, it's a super-short story campaign. With me taking notes and texting with BDR semi-regularly over the campaign, I beat it in under seven hours. Kinda relieved that other people were having control issues, since that was one of my major gripes -- I died a lot because I couldn't move my character the way I wanted to. Don't make the mistake I did of using the joystick, oops. But even the directional buttons took some getting used to.

...would people be interested if I made a separate thread to freely discuss the actual game with spoilers and such?
Probably a good idea to create a new thread with spoilers, especially since this will probably be the only place on the Internet where any potential Bomberman lore gets discussed.
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#222  Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree. People can visit this thread for pre-game release comments. The distinction sounds like a good way to keep spoilers contained for now.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#223  Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Cool beans. I'll go and do that right now. :happy: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#224  Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Arghhh, I'm gonna feel so out of the loop! :xeyes: 

I want to look, but... I shouldn't... :shifty: 

Re: Under seven hours: That is really short, but at least it sounds better than the classic games, which from my experience take an hour or less to complete. The only ones that really managed to stretch it out for me were SB5 and MAX due to their complicated mapping system.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#225  Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
I want to look, but... I shouldn't...

come on, ya boy Plasma's calling to you

Again, that's seven hours with me being distracted with texting/taking notes/being a terrible gamer in general and dying a lot. On Beginner level, no less. I'm doing a second playthrough right now and I think it's entirely possible to do Beginner level in half that time easily. Which is good since you earn gems/gold/whatever by beating worlds and that's what you use to unlock battle mode things.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#226  Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 am  Reply with quote + 
I congratulate the people who have already played the game and also thank you very much that they have created a new space of Super Bomberman R with spoilers, some we have not been able to buy the game and ourselves we want to feel the experience

I just want to enjoy the game and then read the comments on the experiences of other people.
Bombertrainee

Post#227  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm curious to see what people on this forum think of the game, especially since this has the most dedicated Bomberman fans.

I would also like to see what the sales numbers will turn out to be for this game. This game, regardless of quality, will decide Bomberman's future.
legato
Bomberman

Post#228  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree with Fuzzy Pickles, the sales are going to be important because Konami could easily decide to put Bomberman back in storage after this. I wasn't able to buy my copy when i got my switch due to a confused cashier and a long line behind me. I'm currently out of the country on vacation but I plan on buying it once I return so i can cover it properly, even doing a stream of it.

Also thanks to you guys for separating out the spoilers. It helps a lot!
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#229  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
I agree with Fuzzy Pickles, the sales are going to be important because Konami could easily decide to put Bomberman back in storage after this. I wasn't able to buy my copy when i got my switch due to a confused cashier and a long line behind me. I'm currently out of the country on vacation but I plan on buying it once I return so i can cover it properly, even doing a stream of it.

Also thanks to you guys for separating out the spoilers. It helps a lot!
Speaking of sales, Super Bomberman R debuted at #6 on its launch week, undoubtedly helped by it being well... a launch title. Sales in Japan are currently at 36,623.

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_switch_and_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_lead_media_create_sales_in_japan
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#230  Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 am  Reply with quote + 
I was debating writing up a more detailed analysis/thinky piece on SBR for the Base but wasn't sure how much people were interested in my opinions on it... I'm no game reviewer, though, so it's probably not gonna be super informative or helpful to most people, lol.

Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#231  Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was debating writing up a more detailed analysis/thinky piece on SBR for the Base but wasn't sure how much people were interested in my opinions on it... I'm no game reviewer, though, so it's probably not gonna be super informative or helpful to most people, lol.
I'd say go ahead and do so. Someone is bound to read what you have.
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#232  Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Double posting, but I have new information on the sales.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231726348&postcount=356

According to Famitsu, Super Bomberman R in Japan so far has sold 39,609 copies (Media Create had the sales at 36K for the same time frame). When comparing the sales to every other Bomberman game since Bomberman World in 1998, Super Bomberman R has outsold every single iteration in about nineteen years. This is good news for the franchise as it shows that even a rushed entry is capable of selling. Hopefully the next game (should there be one) will fix the issues Super Bomberman R has (like for example, more content please).

Keep in mind that the Switch was only in sale for three days when the data came out. Who knows how Super Bomberman R will do next week? Plus I'd like to know about how it is doing in the rest of the world.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#233  Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, wow. :star: 

This is great news (hopefully)!

I imagine it's in no small part due to the perceived death of the franchise, and the fact that they actually did a good job of marketing this.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#234  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm trying to parse the listed figures in the posts you linked (I don't usually follow sales figures). Some of the games in the second link only have one number listed -- I assume those are lifetime sales? Basically I'm trying to personally verify what you said re: SBR's performance, since the post doesn't list the games in chronological order.

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#235  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
The second post gets its data from Game Data Library, which reportedly gets its data from Famitsu. You can do a search for "Bomberman" here and turn up that list of games:

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/game-search
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#236  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 am  Reply with quote + 
There we go. Thank the gods for the sort feature. I did a short and basic post on the Base about this, which is why I was asking for clarification: http://bomber-base.tumblr.com/post/158383369266/super-bomberman-r-outsells-practically-every

Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#237  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
The second post gets its data from Game Data Library, which reportedly gets its data from Famitsu. You can do a search for "Bomberman" here and turn up that list of games:

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/game-search
I had no idea that feature was a thing. That is such a convenient feature to have around and I will surely check back here for weekly sales. I'd like to say thank you for posting this.

Edit: Go to the latest slide and you'll find next week sales of Super Bomberman R which is 9681 copies, bringing it up to 49290 copies. In two weeks, it has already beaten the majority of Bomberman games in sales.

It also helps that Bomberman has no local multi-player competition until late April (when Mario Kart 64 Deluxe comes out), which gives it over a month to acquire sales.

Also of interest is that, Super Bomberman R had the fifth best debut for any Bomberman games (at least of games that first week information is obtainable). Even if we assume (reasonably) Bomberman (Famicom) and Super Bomberman 1-5 all did better (and we have no sales figures for the first two), Super Bomberman R still resides at tenth place, meaning we can deduce that the game is a Top 10 selling Bomberman game in its first week.

When I get back to college from Spring Break, I want to compose data from the Game Data Library and give a comprehensive look on Bomberman's sales. I'll put it all in Excel (great way to practice with it!).
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#238  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Given the online issues with SBR, it's probably a good thing it didn't release at the same time as MK8 or, say, Spla2n. Konami's got time to get its shit together before things get super real in the Switch market.

Looking forward to the bombersales analysis. If you post it on Tumblr I'll reblog it. :happy: 

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#239  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Also, apparently Konami posting boss concept art is going to be a thing. Here's Magnet's: https://twitter.com/Konami/status/839158271566999552

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#240  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fuzzy Pickles wrote:
I had no idea that feature was a thing. That is such a convenient feature to have around and I will surely check back here for weekly sales. I'd like to say thank you for posting this.

No problem lol. I just saw what the poster had referenced as a source and looked into it.

Interesting analysis!

Also, apparently Konami posting boss concept art is going to be a thing. Here's Magnet's: https://twitter.com/Konami/status/839158271566999552

Yeah, their Facebook page has been posting this as well. They already have Seventh Rank (Fort Walker) concept art here:

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17309257_1369960383027147_1880386450494304837_n.jpg?oh=b8e3affdccbdf1a8b49a2320dab3b2be&oe=592AFE85
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 12 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2700s
Index - Back to Top